WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen - for the Lessman fans this sunday :)

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hi @bebe777! I have a quick question for you about Andrew Lessman. I've been a big Garden of Life person because of how they source their ingredients mostly from organic material and not chemicals (recognizing that of course chemicals come into the process). I looked at the Lessman site and it looks like he is VERY focused on purity, which is awesome, but I couldn't tell where the raw materials came from - organic materials or 100% lab created. Do you have any idea? If not, no worries! My mom is just thinking about getting the TS, so she wanted me to investigate.

@yisbuff2,  years ago, before I mainly concentrated on taking Andrew supplements --  because they were hands-down better than anything else I had ever come across -- Garden of Life  was one of the few supplement companies that I had any sort of respect for

It's been 5 to 7 years  since I've probably taken any of their products, so I'm trying to  remember what some of the sticky points were for me.

Much like New Chapter --  which is now owned by multinational --  they presented a sort of 1960s hippie, granola eating, all natural is the best way to go outlook.

and of course this outlook was reflected in their pricing.

Well tand of course this outlook was reflected in their pricing.

While  The idea of all organic sounds great, a lot also depends on what the product is and where your sourcing it from.

They also  idea behind how the vitamins were created which sort of fell apart on closer inspection.

I'm  dictating this on my Phone which is playing difficult and so I can't really go into detai

With regard to Andrews circulation and vein TS today, I'd really recommend it.  --  it's much more comprehensive than anything else I've seen in the marketplace. Andrew was basically the person who brought diosmin  To the United States about 20 years ago.

Well most of Andrews ingredients  are not organic, Andrew has his very own assay lab  at his manufacturing plant and  each shipment is lab tested before it is accepted.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 thanks for typing all of that out on your phone! I appreciate it! I realized that I was unclear because by organic I didn't mean USDA or CAL certified, but rather made from plants, marine life, or living organisms of some kind. Some vitamins are made from derivatives of those while others are purely lab created. I've always assumed that the ones made from living organisms were better (hence GoL and their farm), but these days I'm not sure of anything! I should probably check GoL out closer too as they may not actually be as "pure" as I'd believed. But the MOST important thing, honestly, is that you have experienced results. I know they aren't like those ones basically made of plastic and lead paint - haha. So, I'm going to suggest to my mom that she try them. Why not?

I have to say the price points for Lessman are way lower than GoL. I'm almost out of my multi and my calcium. Perhaps it is time to convert!

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hi @bebe777! I have a quick question for you about Andrew Lessman. I've been a big Garden of Life person because of how they source their ingredients mostly from organic material and not chemicals (recognizing that of course chemicals come into the process). I looked at the Lessman site and it looks like he is VERY focused on purity, which is awesome, but I couldn't tell where the raw materials came from - organic materials or 100% lab created. Do you have any idea? If not, no worries! My mom is just thinking about getting the TS, so she wanted me to investigate.

@yisbuff2,  years ago, before I mainly concentrated on taking Andrew supplements --  because they were hands-down better than anything else I had ever come across -- Garden of Life  was one of the few supplement companies that I had any sort of respect for

It's been 5 to 7 years  since I've probably taken any of their products, so I'm trying to  remember what some of the sticky points were for me.

Much like New Chapter --  which is now owned by multinational --  they presented a sort of 1960s hippie, granola eating, all natural is the best way to go outlook.

and of course this outlook was reflected in their pricing.

Well tand of course this outlook was reflected in their pricing.

While  The idea of all organic sounds great, a lot also depends on what the product is and where your sourcing it from.

They also  idea behind how the vitamins were created which sort of fell apart on closer inspection.

I'm  dictating this on my Phone which is playing difficult and so I can't really go into detai

With regard to Andrews circulation and vein TS today, I'd really recommend it.  --  it's much more comprehensive than anything else I've seen in the marketplace. Andrew was basically the person who brought diosmin  To the United States about 20 years ago.

Well most of Andrews ingredients  are not organic, Andrew has his very own assay lab  at his manufacturing plant and  each shipment is lab tested before it is accepted.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 thanks for typing all of that out on your phone! I appreciate it! I realized that I was unclear because by organic I didn't mean USDA or CAL certified, but rather made from plants, marine life, or living organisms of some kind. Some vitamins are made from derivatives of those while others are purely lab created. I've always assumed that the ones made from living organisms were better (hence GoL and their farm), but these days I'm not sure of anything! I should probably check GoL out closer too as they may not actually be as "pure" as I'd believed. But the MOST important thing, honestly, is that you have experienced results. I know they aren't like those ones basically made of plastic and lead paint - haha. So, I'm going to suggest to my mom that she try them. Why not?

I have to say the price points for Lessman are way lower than GoL. I'm almost out of my multi and my calcium. Perhaps it is time to convert!

@yisbuff2, lol, and thanks for understanding. My iphone is fading these days and is really unreliable for typing out messages. Smiley Wink

From what I remember, there were certain supplements that touted how much better they were from other supplements because they were made from food products or something like that. I think that GoL was one of them. I remember that when I did some investigation, I wasn't impressed with their "food based" manufacturing process. It seemed like mainly hype.

In the end, I felt that I was paying more for hype and marketing than I was for better engineered supplements. 

Here's what I like about Andrew's supplements: 

* Andrew -- I love Andrew but he's a Martha Stewart fuss budget when it comes to every single detail of his vitamins... including using best manufacturing processes and the finest and most effective ingredients available. -- This is exactly what I want from the man who's supplements I'm buying. Smiley Wink

* He manufactured all of his own supplements at his Procaps Labs facility in Henderson NV. -- Most vitamin manufacturers farm out the manufacture process to third party facilities, so they lose a lot of control of their supplements. 

* Procaps has their own assay lab on premises. Ingredients come in and each batch is tested to make sure the ingredients are pure and that the ingredients have the key active ingredients in them at the levels that are supposed to be in their. 

* Especially in the largest sizes, Andrew's products are competitively priced (as well as being having the most effective active ingredients in them). -- The HSN TS values allow me to maximize my annual Procaps dollars. lol, much as with Andrew, I pretty much know which TS values are offered at various times of the year. For example: 

* Essential-1 multi-vitamin -- in about six weeks, in early March 

* April -- Ultimate Eye Support and Maximum Omega-3 

Unfortunately, the Calcium/Magnesium and Vitamin D TS was done this past October. 

___

On a personal basis, Andrew is just as honest and ethical as Chaz -- a fact that I adore -- though Chaz is a much more easy going and relaxed guy. Smiley Wink I try my best to do business with ethical people: good products and good energy. Smiley Wink

___ 

I have a very unusual body that seems to be able to almost feel a product as soon as I ingest it. For a while I just fought this knowledge -- because it really seemed off the wall -- but now I just accept it and am thankful for it. 

I can sense the efficacy of a supplement in minutes to hours. This was really helpful when, years ago, I used my body as a petrie dish and tried a cross section of vitamin brands. -- Most of them seemed to have little or no efficacy: they just didn't work very well. So I spent a lot of time crossing names off the list, until I came across Andrew's product line. Smiley Happy Andrew's products just light up my body. It never ceases to amaze me at how quickly I can sometimes feel the effects in 1-2 minutes after I swallow them. I think that somehow my body recognizes just the hint of a supplement that has been helpful on a daily basis. 

___ 

I would suggest that she start out slowly. I think that's always the best way to go. -- She might want to try today's great Circulation & Vein Support. 

Then she could try the Essential-1 on March when it is a TS. Smiley Happy

In the Wellness forum, I started a thread where I outlined my vitamin history and routine. -- I'll see if I can find it. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 you are a miracle!! Thank you for all of this. I did some digging and learned GoL is owned by a different company now anyway. Oh the things you learn!

I was super impressed by the details about Andrew's llab and processes. I watched him a little today between other things. He is so knowledgable. Plus, he is cute. Haha. I can see the comparison to Chaz!

Mom ordered the product today. We grew up taking vitamins so she knows to start only one new thing at the time. I hope it works!

Sooooo, if a 42 year old lady such as myself was looking for a multi, would you suggest waiting until March for the TS?

As a side note I am SO interested in your own experiences! You are so in tune with your body - it is really cool. You could write a book!