WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - avail again - SCLV 16oz CC, 2oz RTM & 1oz Oil - $43.96

@Diva1Donna wrote:
@bebe777 thanks! Does this mean that this formula was less popular, since there aren't any items in the other scents? I remember those selling out in previous summers.

@Diva1Donna, I've been trying to figure out if Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) is the least popular summer Seasonal... and might be going back into the Wen Vault... but all I'm seeing is conflicting information. 

With regard to this current 3-piece SCLV discovery kit, I don't think we can read anything into it. -- This past Seasonal year, I think that all of the most recent Seasonals have had that 3-piece discovery kit available... though just for a very short time. -- I think they are probably getting rid of any small amount of stored kits from last year. 

I've noticed that when the've had a few Summer Seasonal ODOs and other special offers, that the SCLV seems to be the last to go. 

While that might sound as though SCLV is the least popular... it might also be because they brought in more of that scent than one of the other Seasonals. 

___

This is a sort of vague recollection, but I think I've got my numbers more or less straight here... 

When they recently offered the Summer Seasonal CC, Mousse & brush trio, the other two Summer Seasonals sold out very quickly and only SCLV was left. -- This seemed to indicate that maybe SCLV was less popular... until the host shared some of the numbers. 

They brought in about 6,500 total ODOs... and early on there were 2,300 SCLV sets left. - - It made me wonder if they had just brought in a lot more SCLV sets. 

Last Fall, I noticed that when an ODO for the Fall Seasonals, my beloved (and much maligned) Fall Apple Spice (FAS) CC usually sold out first. -- Based on the numbers they brought in, it sounded as though these ODOs started with far fewer FAS kits than for the other two Fall Seasonals. 

Bottom line... lol, I still have no idea which Summer Seasonals will be returning next year. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @bebe777. But I personally do not even care! As I know, if Chaz replaces one with a new scent, it's gonna be okay too. Because, it looks like, he is making better formulation with his experience and they do come out better, than earlier generations.

Quite frankly, I'd be upset only if SHP is gone.... This is now one of my favorite formulas. Hope it stays put!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know @bebe777 probably has it covered somewhere but if I am in love with SMC will I like SCLV?  I kind of didn't pay attention to this one last year and I'm not sure if I should try it.  Are they similar to one another in performance?  I'm all about moisture so I'm wondering if the coconut ccs are my best friends in seasonals and I really should try this.  

ETA:  Found a whole thread.  Thanks @bebe777!!  I knew you were on it.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I know @bebe777 probably has it covered somewhere but if I am in love with SMC will I like SCLV?  I kind of didn't pay attention to this one last year and I'm not sure if I should try it.  Are they similar to one another in performance?  I'm all about moisture so I'm wondering if the coconut ccs are my best friends in seasonals and I really should try this.  

Hi @Laura14, here are the three threads for the Summer Seasonals, so you can have a look through them: 

Summer Coconut Lime Verbena - how does it work for you?

* Summer Mango Coconut - how does it work for you?

Summer Honey Peach - how does it work for you?

I may not be of that much help with regard to performance because, for me, all twelve Seasonals work equally well for my hair. 

That said, while Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) has a summer fun, beachy pina colada scent that most people seem to like, folks are really divided on whether or not they like the Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) scent. 

I'm not a fan. The lime not hits me first, followed by a strong coconut note... and I couldn't find the verbena note anywhere... and I really like verbena. Smiley Sad

I think it's a confusing scent that is going in a few different directions all at once... and I think the notes fight each other. Smiley Sad

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777  I LOVE YOU!!  Heart

I am a FAS girl so scent means nothing to me.  Smiley Wink

Thank you!  Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@bebe777  I LOVE YOU!!  Heart

I am a FAS girl so scent means nothing to me.  Smiley Wink

Thank you!  Thank you!!