WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen as a gift for daughters and the reaction!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

Holey Moley!!!  Now that I've seen this list, I can't imagine trying WEN.  I don't mean to berate anyone who does, but I'm sticking with Nick Chavez and his wonderful wares. I suppose that coating my hair with some of the above might make it feel thicker, but I'm not taking chances. Happy with what God gave me.

I am sorry but you have already been very vocal with your disdain for al things WEN in the past ,lol. Don't even try to play coy...Hilarious!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

Holey Moley!!!  Now that I've seen this list, I can't imagine trying WEN.  I don't mean to berate anyone who does, but I'm sticking with Nick Chavez and his wonderful wares. I suppose that coating my hair with some of the above might make it feel thicker, but I'm not taking chances. Happy with what God gave me.

This ingredient list is not the same for every single Wen product. The list is long because there are lots of botanical oils, extracts, and skin care ingredients. To each is own. We all have choices for beauty products and how we spend our money. Hope you love your hair with your current products. That is the beauty of choice. 

Happily, I am completely content with my hair using my current products.  I don't want my hair coated with anything - I like it clean and clear.  We all have choices to make in life, and mine is to have clean hair with good cleansing products, like Nick Chavez.  I like my hair - I love God, my family, my country and my Sheltie.  Hair is a very minor part of who I am.

lol you do realize NC products contain alot of the same ingredients right (minus alot of the nourishing oils and amino acids)?

And you are completely content with your hair yet here you are on the WEN forum. Smiley Wink

I am sure we will be hearing from NCB soon too.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

This ingredient list is not the same for every single Wen product. The list is long because there are lots of botanical oils, extracts, and skin care ingredients. To each is own. We all have choices for beauty products and how we spend our money. Hope you love your hair with your current products. That is the beauty of choice. 

Happily, I am completely content with my hair using my current products.  I don't want my hair coated with anything - I like it clean and clear.  We all have choices to make in life, and mine is to have clean hair with good cleansing products, like Nick Chavez.  I like my hair - I love God, my family, my country and my Sheltie.  Hair is a very minor part of who I am.

lol you do realize NC products contain alot of the same ingredients right (minus alot of the nourishing oils and amino acids)?

And you are completely content with your hair yet here you are on the WEN forum. Smiley Wink

I am sure we will be hearing from NCB soon too.

@HappyDaze

That 2 cents already put in at BEAUTY> Re: How many Wen products are there?   Amazing how many folks are ever willing to speak for WENners isn't it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I tried WEN for a total of six or seven months.

The first two months my hair was soft, easy to manage and I was thrilled.  Then it started to look greasy and flat.  It wasn't greasy, it just looked that way, separating and looking greasy.  I had noticed that Chaz's own hair looked the same way most of the time on air but I chose to ignore it.

I kept going, reducing the amounts, changing the flavor, combining flavors, and it still looked flat and I wasn't able to reproduce the fluffy beautiful hair I had the first two months.  Then I noticed the hair falling out.  I was advised by someone here that was normal the first few months as your hair and scalp got used to the new products.  

I kept going and then one day decided to go back to my old Shampoo and Conditioner and within a couple of days, my hair was looking good again.  It's taken a full year, but the hair that fell out has now all but grown back.

During that time, I spent a fortune on WEN.  I've since sold the brand new bottles and have used up the open bottles conditioning my skin in the shower.  

I believe that WEN is not for everyone!  There are some that swear by it, love it, and are very happy with the product and that's great.  However, in the last couple of years I have watched the WEN girls (and guys) and have to say that some of them do NOT have hair that looks as good as it did a few years ago.  Some are lovely.  But on some it is now separating, looks flat and greasy... and unfortunately, it just doesn't look good.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I tried WEN for a total of six or seven months.

The first two months my hair was soft, easy to manage and I was thrilled.  Then it started to look greasy and flat.  It wasn't greasy, it just looked that way, separating and looking greasy.  I had noticed that Chaz's own hair looked the same way most of the time on air but I chose to ignore it.

I kept going, reducing the amounts, changing the flavor, combining flavors, and it still looked flat and I wasn't able to reproduce the fluffy beautiful hair I had the first two months.  Then I noticed the hair falling out.  I was advised by someone here that was normal the first few months as your hair and scalp got used to the new products.  

I kept going and then one day decided to go back to my old Shampoo and Conditioner and within a couple of days, my hair was looking good again.  It's taken a full year, but the hair that fell out has now all but grown back.

During that time, I spent a fortune on WEN.  I've since sold the brand new bottles and have used up the open bottles conditioning my skin in the shower.  

I believe that WEN is not for everyone!  There are some that swear by it, love it, and are very happy with the product and that's great.  However, in the last couple of years I have watched the WEN girls (and guys) and have to say that some of them do NOT have hair that looks as good as it did a few years ago.  Some are lovely.  But on some it is now separating, looks flat and greasy... and unfortunately, it just doesn't look good.

@Q4u

So happy you could move on.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I tried WEN and it wasn't for me either.  My hair is not colored and it is shiny, straight and silky.  I have no split ends and need to use no conditioner on it.

I did not need the moisturizer and oils it provided.  I gave mine to my daughter who has curly, slightly frizzy hair and she loved it.

If your hair is already in excellent condition, you probably won't like it.  WEN is made for hair that needs more than a traditional shampoo can provide.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I tried WEN and it wasn't for me either.  My hair is not colored and it is shiny, straight and silky.  I have no split ends and need to use no conditioner on it.

I did not need the moisturizer and oils it provided.  I gave mine to my daughter who has curly, slightly frizzy hair and she loved it.

If your hair is already in excellent condition, you probably won't like it.  WEN is made for hair that needs more than a traditional shampoo can provide.

Not necessarily. There are many of us that have great hair but were looking for a bit more in one area or another- for me, it was more shine and bounce. I got that and more- my hair grows faster than ever now. That is something I never expected but am not hating for sure! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Not necessarily. There are many of us that have great hair but were looking for a bit more in one area or another- for me, it was more shine and bounce. I got that and more- my hair grows faster than ever now. That is something I never expected but am not hating for sure! Smiley Happy

"If your hair is already in excellent condition, you probably won't like it. WEN is made for hair that needs more than a traditional shampoo can provide."  Now that's just silly and REALLY reaching!

I have trouble finding fault with my long, healthy, shiny, bouncy, thick WEN hair.  

But, I guess Haters gotta' find something to say.  Woman Very Happy

QVC Customer Care