WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen as a gift for daughters and the reaction!!!!

@Perkup wrote:

Holey Moley!!!  Now that I've seen this list, I can't imagine trying WEN.  I don't mean to berate anyone who does, but I'm sticking with Nick Chavez and his wonderful wares. I suppose that coating my hair with some of the above might make it feel thicker, but I'm not taking chances. Happy with what God gave me.

This ingredient list is not the same for every single Wen product. The list is long because there are lots of botanical oils, extracts, and skin care ingredients. To each is own. We all have choices for beauty products and how we spend our money. Hope you love your hair with your current products. That is the beauty of choice. 

Happily, I am completely content with my hair using my current products.  I don't want my hair coated with anything - I like it clean and clear.  We all have choices to make in life, and mine is to have clean hair with good cleansing products, like Nick Chavez.  I like my hair - I love God, my family, my country and my Sheltie.  Hair is a very minor part of who I am.

Yep!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

My experience with Wen was this: my casual trying lead to not much other than enjoying the scents. My COMMITTING to CC and doing it properly led to a transformation in about three weeks. My addition of the other ancillary products (just styling so far) has lead to longer, stronger, healthy, curlier, shinier, and bouncier hair than I have had since I cut it all off in my 20s (now in my 40s). I grew it from a short micro pixie to almost shoulder length (shorter with the curls activated) in a year with only three hair cuts for shaping. As Chaz often says, my ends are as thick as the hair near my scalp. I was not born with a glorious head of hair and Wen helps me make the most of it.

I was never unhappy with other products because I always used good things (Deva, Alterna, Pureology). What Wen has done is make me happy with my hair every day. My hair is certainly not my biggest priority, but self-care helps us do all the other things we do as well.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I see the nay-sayers are out!

Chaz must be in town!

Love Chaz Dean, WEN, and Team WEN!  Heart

Don't forget the angels!  Love Bella, Hunter, Spencer and Riley!💖

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

I love WEN but I would never gift it. 

My reason? What if the person to whom it was gifted loves it but can't afford to continue buying it for themselves? I would feel frustrated in that position. 

In order to "convert" someone to using WEN, it is necessary that 1. They have an open mind and 2. They are willing (and able)  to invest the little bit extra in themselves for the best possible hair care.

Not everyone meets those criteria.

Some don't mind all kinds of chemicals and actually like the chemical smell of some of the products out there. 

No problem! Let me and my WEN be happy and they can go be happy using whatever they like.

Honored Contributor

@Wen Woman wrote:

I love WEN but I would never gift it. 

My reason? What if the person to whom it was gifted loves it but can't afford to continue buying it for themselves? I would feel frustrated in that position. 

In order to "convert" someone to using WEN, it is necessary that 1. They have an open mind and 2. They are willing (and able)  to invest the little bit extra in themselves for the best possible hair care.

Not everyone meets those criteria.

Some don't mind all kinds of chemicals and actually like the chemical smell of some of the products out there. 

No problem! Let me and my WEN be happy and they can go be happy using whatever they like.

@Wen_Woman,  Love your words!

Wanted to add ~ some don't mind animal testing.  

Certainly the animals who are used for testing are not happy, but as I said, that doesn't bother some.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't use WEN.  I am happy with what I do for my hair.  However I was trying to be a nice mom and figured my daughters might like to try it.  I have four of them with all sorts of different hair types.  So I bought some, and shared it.  Well they gave it back with thanks and questioned why I would spend so much and also told me no way was it better than what they were buying from the drugstores or box stores.  

Okay my question.  What makes it better?  Were they right in what they said. Is it hype? Expensive without merit?  I am not about to give it another go at this point.  

I have been using Wen for a couple of years.  I also wanted to try it for a long time since I just was never happy with the results of any shampoo and conditioner that I had tried.  I would purchase salon products in addition to drugstore brands but was never really happy with the condition of my hair.  I also have mostly normal hair not problematic hair such as thinning, curly, wavy, extremely thick, etc.  After the first couple of times of using Wen my hair was already in better condition. I don't think I would ever go back to regular shampoo.  The only suggestion that I would have is to try one of the cleansing conditioners on the market that they may be happy with.  If you google best cleansing conditioners. you will find results for many that can be purchased at the drugstores.  

Trusted Contributor

I love Wen and have used it exclusively for over three years, but I would never give it to someone who hadn't expressed prior interest in it. It's a totally different concept and a lot of ladies that I know just aren't interested. Of course, those same ladies are also not interested in preventative skin care, either. The idea of using sunscreen consistently is foreign to them, lol. 

Before using Wen, I had pretty great hair, I wasn't necessarily looking for a solution to horrible hair days. But now, my hair is awesome. Every. Single. Day. My hair color never fades and I've forgotten what split ends look like😃 As long as I have the same results, I couldn't imagine using anything else.

Respected Contributor

Here are some reasons I prefer Wen over shampoo: I don't have split ends, my hair stays hydrated-not like straw, my color is richer, I never have tangles, my hair is easier to style, less frizz, no more bad hair days, and that's just to name a few. I also love all the different scents of Wen. My hair always smells amazing and my scalp doesn't itch like it did when I used shampoo. You can have okay hair with shampoo, but Wen takes it to the next level. If shampoo gives you ok hair, Wen can give you GREAT hair. I encourage you or your daughters to follow the directions on the bottle and use it a little longer to give it a chance. There is a learning curve with Wen, but once you figure out the best way to use it, it is amazing. I have been using it 3 1/2 years and I could never go back to shampoo. My hair is so much better with Wen. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure why you would a) give it as a gift when you apparently don't like it yourself or have never tried it and b) why you would post this asking about the "merits" of it  if you aren't wanting to give it another go anyway?

You can read all the posts on the WEN forum to see why people love it.

I don't think anyone here needs to try to convince you to try it since you are happy already with what you do for your hair.

Valued Contributor

I failed to tell you what happened with MY daughter.

Unbeknownst to me, my 19 year old daughter had started using conditioner to co-wash her long, dyed black hair (eye-roll) about two years ago (she lived with her father at the time),

I told her I had been using WEN and she was intrigued, and I went into my stash and gave her a few bottles.

She loved it but she now lives with her boyfriend and money is very tight so she can't afford to buy it for herself. 

She still co-washes and is happy, but it was disappointing for her not to be able to keep buying WEN. 

To attempt to gift WEN to anyone who has not expressed any interest is a gamble, because the concept is so different for some! And to the OP...ALL your daughters gave the WEN back without trying it? How odd....and ungrateful, and closed-minded! I feel badly for you that your thoughtful gift was unappreciated.