WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen as a deep conditioner?

@Mz iMac - Before using Wen I had my hair straightened every May or June in preparation for the humid weather which brought on frizz, curl, wave and unruly hair.

Since using Wen, I find it really takes no longer to wash, rinse, repeat than using ordinary shampoo. It's not rocket science and everyone has their own routine as to what works for them.

Since using Wen, I haven't had the need to straighten my hair as I have no frizz, and have come to accept the waves & curls which don't look bad at all. 

Most of the time, I think people don't use enough product and don't do the repeat cleanse.

Come join us Wenners - Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac

I'm sitting here chuckling, a lot about me and a little for you. When I first started with Wen my hair was waist length. I was glued to the on air presentations, fervently read everything on this form, including older links posted to help new users. I called the salon, the whole megillah. I was bound to "do"this right.

Fast forward...

Wash your hair twice. Check. Always did that.

Add conditioner. Check. No problem.

Add styling products if needed and dry hair. Check. Based on  style and length, some kind of dippity doo product has always been in my cupboard.

Leaving the 2nd cleanse in to condition the hair while you finish bathing is a nuance for the Wen routine. An excellent suggestion 'cause it works.

Adding back a little CC + styling cream as "the conditioner" is no different than our past usual routine. Just work the stuff into your hair. No rinse needed.

Whatever or however you choose to style afterwards is your choice. I have my personal routine and 90% of the time air dry my hair. Having long hair, regardless of what you use...takes more time.

Yes, I love using Wen products very much and personality appreciate the support and camaraderie shared here. Washing our hair does not have to be daunting or "work." Using a "cleansing conditioner" does not have to be too much of a change or different than than our past routines except for the stellar results seen in the hair.♡♡♡

For what it's worth, I cut that long hair. Donating two feet.Regrew it and donated another eighteen inches. I'm into round three now and this is from someone who sported a "boy cut" for many years too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know @Mz iMac,  I forgot to add, before WEN, I used to hate washing my hair.  I mean hate!!!

I lost tons of hair using regular shampoos that stripped. My hair was frayed, brittle, broken, and the ends always split. My scalp was itchy for the 20 years before WEN. 

After shampooing, my stripped scalp & hair took 2-3 days to look just "ok", and that only lasted one day.

Now I enjoy the process of washing my hair because it's easier, takes less time, it looks (and feels) great right away, plus I have favorites I just like to use.

And I don't have to fool with wasting time drying it to gets the kinks and frizz out and direct it into some semblance of a 'style', which was a waste of time cuz it never lasted 30 minutes.

The self-care curls and natural highlights of my childhood returned after using WEN for a while. It's soft to the touch after washing, which I still can't get used to.

(With shampoos my hair was so coarse and dry more than one person said, "Ouch!" when touching it.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Part of my hair problem is very bad city water in my house.

I alternate different formulas.

I use a plop the size of a ping pong ball, I no longer need to pump, I know by sight how much to use.   I carefully run it all through my shoulder length hair, then shower my body while WEN sits on my hair.

Just before I get out of the shower, I put some water on my head and "shampoo" my hair like I used to.   I keep working my hair until it foams.    I also used to hate shampooing but now I love to pamper my head/hair.

I get compliments every day and believe me, my hair is nothing special!

WEN has also made my scalp healthy.

I will NEVER go back to shampoo

Respected Contributor

Chaz DOES teach WAY better than I can.  Where do you think I learned it from?  I was not trying to be "verbose" just trying to be helpful.  It's not called verbose, it's called trying to make others happy.

Respected Contributor

@77yangyaNot to worry!  It's all about the helpful info. I appreciate it. Verb on girl!

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Chaz DOES teach WAY better than I can.  Where do you think I learned it from?  I was not trying to be "verbose" just trying to be helpful.  It's not called verbose, it's called trying to make others happy.

I enjoyed reading your post and affirming that I'm doing things correctly! Please don't stop explaining things so thoroughly! It helps Wen Newbies like meSmiley Happy

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I had surgery in April and had to go back in hospital three times.  I missed April and May because I had to have serious pain medicine.  I had to have my gall bladder removed and a clamp slipped and caused great pain.  They installed a stent.  I have to have that removed in July but they said that should be no big deal.  When I was finally going home, my husband had to not go over 10mph because the bumps hurt me.  I'm okay now and getting around much better, no more pain medicine and healing, still sore but much better.  I love helping people that have questions and compare notes with others that post too.  I guess Hedge is right, I'm a bona fide Wen fan.  My hair was so damaged and Wen made it like new!

Honored Contributor

I've used Wen a lot as a regular conditioner.  Works just fine.