WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen - Winter Cranberry MInt - how does it work for you? -- CC, RTM & Oil

HI @40nu20!  Yes, WCM is one of the seasonals thought to be retired.  I don't know that has been officailly announced, but my understanding is that WCM is the least popular of the winter seasonals.  

@40nu20 wrote:

I've never tried WCM but everyones descriptions have me curious.  The OTO 3 cc's with the comb must be sold out in WCM as it is no longer an option.  It's such a great deal especially if you got the OTO price.  I'm such a sucker for new scents.  WCM is one of the scents to be retired, right?  I'm thinking about getting a 32 oz on AD just in case I love it.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

HI @40nu20!  Yes, WCM is one of the seasonals thought to be retired.  I don't know that has been officailly announced, but my understanding is that WCM is the least popular of the winter seasonals.  

@40nu20 wrote:

I've never tried WCM but everyones descriptions have me curious.  The OTO 3 cc's with the comb must be sold out in WCM as it is no longer an option.  It's such a great deal especially if you got the OTO price.  I'm such a sucker for new scents.  WCM is one of the scents to be retired, right?  I'm thinking about getting a 32 oz on AD just in case I love it.

@40nu20, I'm thinking  along the same lines as @BExplorer.  While none of us know for sure which of the seasonals will be retired, or even how many of the seasonals will be retired,  most folks seem to think that for seasonals are likely to be retired: probably one seasonal for each season.

There are three seasonals  which most people agree are the least popular seasonals. LOL, and even though I really like all of the seasonals, I also think they're the most likely to be retired.  These three least popular  Seasonals are:

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT) 

* Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) 

* Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

My  own best guess is that one of the very popular summer seasonals  is also likely to be retired. I have the feeling that it's most likely to be Summer Mango Coconut SMC),  mainly because this summer  Seasonal has been available for the longest time. Additionally, It also has the fewest styling products available with it. The other two summer seasonals both have the styling cream and the Moos it also has the fewest styling products available with it. The other two summer seasonals both have the styling cream and the mousse...  And both of them will also have the EDP available during their seasonal runs.

That said, from what  Chaz  Has shared during his last QVC visit, it really sounds as though even he is not sure how many of the past seasonals will be available as of September 2016.

@40nu20,  I can appreciate how you feel about wanting to try all of the seasonals because I feel the exact same way. It's such a shame that you missed the opportunity to purchase the winter cranberry mean winter cranberry mint OTO. 

At this point probably your two best bets to try the winter cranberry mint are:

* an individual bottle of WCM

* purchasing the Fall 2013 TSV second auto delivery shipment which includes a 16 oz bottle of WCM plus a 32oz bottle of one of the Classic formulas (plus two additional styling products) -- I think the purchase price for this prior TSV is $66.20 which is an amazing value. --  i've posted several threads on this kit before that are probably still on the first page of the Wen forum.  You can also easily find this kit in the QVC Wen product listings by just clicking on the seasonal options.

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

One thing that I do wonder about in terms of popularity is how big a segment of Chaz's customers don't ever come to the forum. I know we all are very vocal about which seasonals that we like, but what if the sales figures reveal something different?

I am almost tempted to think that he may just retire the whole first set. Jackie said something to him about wishing FGP would be available year round and he kind of laughed and said we'll see. So, I am wondering if the fate of the seasonals will be something different than speculated.

I have no clue. Lol. I am going to get some more WCM in January to stash.
Honored Contributor

@40nu20, below is more information about the prior TSV with Winter Cranberry MInt (WCM). -- @aprimo put together a great spreadsheet to show what an excellent value this prior TSV is. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

_____

Wen Fall 2013 TSV (second A/D shipment w/ 16oz Winter Cranberry Mint) -- use the A239326 product number for placing your order

QVC Price:$72.50
Available for 5 Easy Payments

___

___

This was the original Fall 2013 TSV listing -- for info only, this order number was for 2012 shows and is no longer active

A239361No Image Found

______

APRIMO'S SPREADSHEET

I see this interesting new set (A239326) is available for Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) lovers. It is a choice of core formulas that each come with WCM. I did a quick cost analysis and this is an excellent deal if you like WCM.

Please note that the calculations for the oil and RTM are based on the QVC regular price for the 4oz oil and the 6oz RTM (adjusted down to the sizes being offered in this package) because the Q is not currently offering those sizes for individual sale. It's a bit of a quick and dirty calculation, but close enough to give you a good idea of the value being offered. If anything, the regular QVC prices for those smaller sizes of oil and RTM alone would be higher (per ounce) than for the larger sizes, based on their general policy of discounting the larger volume sizes.

(includes 8.25% tax and $3 shipping for QVC regular (per piece) and WCM/core (per set) prices)

QVC Regular / oz  WCM/core set / oz 
CC 32oz core$1.78$1.06
CC 16oz seasonal$2.42$1.41
Oil 2oz$16.24$9.35
RTM 2oz$6.50$3.28

(includes 8.25% tax and $3 shipping for QVC regular (per piece) and WCM/core (per set) prices)

QVC Regular  % of package cost  WCM/core set cost 
CC 32oz core$54.4041.42%$33.85
CC 16oz seasonal$36.3427.67%$22.61
Oil 2oz$30.0422.87%$18.69
RTM 2oz$10.558.04%$6.57
Total$131.33100.00%$81.73

By my estimation, the WCM/core set represents approximately a 38% discount over the regular QVC prices. Enjoy WCM lovers!!

Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
One thing that I do wonder about in terms of popularity is how big a segment of Chaz's customers don't ever come to the forum. I know we all are very vocal about which seasonals that we like, but what if the sales figures reveal something different?

I am almost tempted to think that he may just retire the whole first set. Jackie said something to him about wishing FGP would be available year round and he kind of laughed and said we'll see. So, I am wondering if the fate of the seasonals will be something different than speculated.

I have no clue.Lol. I am going to get some moreWCM in January to stash.

@cosmic1, your take on this is a good one as well. We're all just sharing our best guesses. Smiley Happy

I know what you mean about wondering if maybe our preferences and/or guesses are out of line with the larger picture. lol, every time I make a guess, I wonder the same thing. 

I'm sort of a number girl and, since I started purchasing the Wen TSV in December 2009, I've made a point of trying to get a read on which formulas/ products folks in our forum seem to like best. -- I also do my best to keep running tallies of which TSV formulas sell out most quickly as well as how many TSVs of each formula have been ordered. 

With regard to the fall and winter seasonals, i've noticed that while Fall Apple Spice (FAS) and Winter Cranberry MInt (WCM) , I think this happens because QVC brings in much less of those formulas. -- The hosts don't share these numbers regularly but, when they do, much much less FAS and WCM have been ordered. 

Overall, the only times I've noticed that our Wen forum preferences seem to be different from the larger group of Wen users, have been with the following two formulas:

* Tea Tree cleansing conditioner -- because it just doesn't have as enjoyable scent as other CCs, I think that the folks outside of this forum are more likely to pass by TT. Even within the Wen forum, lol, I think it takes a bit of convincing with new Wenners to convince them to try TT CC... of course, once they do, they're usually hooked on TT. Smiley Happy -- Up until the latest TSV, TT used to sell out first (once 26 minutes after one TSV was launched, and frequently just a few hours into a TSV launch). Over the past few years, QVC has been bringing in more and more TT TSVs

* Lavender cleansing conditioner -- I realize that some people don't like a lavender scent,  but I think that most people do like it. Early on, when Chaz was introducing his line to QVC UK and Japan, I noticed that LAV was one of the three scents which was being offered. -- I think it's a lot more difficult for folks outside of the Wen forum to get a good handle on which formulas work best/worst for them... and the "why" behind these differences. -- LAV CC comes with a big "Caution" label within the Wen forum (and I'ma part of the folks sharing this note of caution), so LAV CC doesn't seem to sell nearly as well to Wenners in the forum as to the rest of the Wen population. -- And just going by the number of LAV CC brought in each time (in contrast with other formulas like TT and Cucumber Aloe), there's always a whole lot of LAV CC brought in and it sells really well. 

lol, I suppose this is a very round about way of saying that I really think that WCM, FAS, and SGGT (all of which I really like), are the least favorite Seasonals around... within the Wen forum and for Wenners everywhere. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

the old tsv with the 32 oz TT cc and 16 oz WCM is a great value.  My only thought is that I have alot of TT in my stash right now.  I'll probably go for the 32 oz WCM on AD.  I can always cancell if its not a favorite for me.  I honestly like all the scents....some more than  others...but never have I not liked one enought that I wouldnt use it.  Heart

I should have purchased the OTO 3 16oz CC's with the comb in WCM.  I purchased it in the WWC.  Seems like this has happened to me before.  I regret not ordering that 613 kit with the body cream!!!!!!  You know, I still look every day just in case!!Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@40nu20 wrote:

the old tsv with the 32 oz TT cc and 16 oz WCM is a great value.  My only thought is that I have alot of TT in my stash right now.  I'll probably go for the 32 oz WCM on AD.  I can always cancell if its not a favorite for me.  I honestly like all the scents....some more than  others...but never have I not liked one enought that I wouldnt use it.  Heart

I should have purchased the OTO 3 16oz CC's with the comb in WCM.  I purchased it in the WWC.  Seems like this has happened to me before.  I regret not ordering that 613 kit with the body cream!!!!!!  You know, I still look every day just in case!!Smiley Tongue

@40nu20, although the 32oz. Tea Trea CC is featured on the photo, this prior TSV -- WEN by Chaz Dean Classic &Winter 4-Pc Cleanse & Treat Kit  --  is currently available in all of the Classic scents except for Sweet Almond Mint. 

In other words, you choose to receive a 32oz Classic CC and a 2oz Treatment Oil in one of the following scents: 

* Fig

* Lavender 

* Cucumber Aloe 

* Pomegranate

* or, Tea Tree

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

_____

Wen Fall 2013 TSV (second A/D shipment w/ 16oz Winter Cranberry Mint) -- use the A239326 product number for placing your order

QVC Price:$72.50
Available for 5 Easy Payments

___

___

Honored Contributor

@40nu20 wrote:

@40nu20, I know exactly how you feel... cause I go through the same sort of thing. 

These days, I try to anticipate (based on the fall Seasonal OTOs) which possible Seasonal OTOs are likely to show up during this Seasonal year. -- Then I decide, in advance, what my buying strategy will be. This way, when the OTOs show up, I make my purchase asap. Smiley Happy

I was really torn about all of the really great great great 613 value kits that have been offered this past season. I was tempted to purchase one of these kits on so many occasions, but I kept reminding myself that I've got a very good stock of 613 CC (lol, at least a two year supply) and a 5-year supply of various styling cremes (lol, maybe more!).

So I based my 613 values exclusively on the moussie and the 613 Nourishing Body Treatment (NBT) values. And from that perspective, these kits were not good values for my needs.  That said, I still feel torn about passing up the kit with that 613 NBT... even though I know I made the right call. 

One of these days there will be some sort of kit with the 613 or 319 NBT that will be a value for my needs... and then I'm going to pounce. Smiley Happy

40nu20, unfortunately, at this point I don't think the 613 NBT kit will show up again, but good for you for continuing to check... cause you just never know... Smiley Happy

I'm sure that there will be another 613 (or 319) NBT value kit down the road (though maybe not for 6-12 months) -- because this is such a special product for Chaz -- and then you'll be primed to jump on it. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:

I have no clue.Lol. I am going to get some moreWCM in January to stash.

Think this may be true I have a GR subscription and a seasonal comes in my kit. Many times the seasonals that aren't popular on here are 1st to sale out on GR or they will have low stocks. It could be they just don't stock as much but FTP is available & WWC, but very hard to get WCM in your kit. WVM doesn't last long either. 

Respected Contributor

@40nu20 wrote:

@40nu20  WCM is still my favorite winter seasonal scent and I will miss it when it is gone.  I just tried WVM for the first time since I ordered the 3 piece trio of the winter cleansing conditioners.  I have only used the WVM a couple of times since I wanted to try it.  It is ok but I definitely like WCM better.  I also really like WWC but now that I have tried all 3 winter formulas I think I still like WCM the best.  I especially like WCM oil.  Although, I don't have any WCM oil left but may still order it.  I do have a sufficient supply of WCM cleansing conditoner and may still order more since we really don't know if or when the retired formulas will be back.  Some Wenners think that the retired formulas may be available for a limited time a few years from now.  Others think that we may never see them again.