WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Treatment Oils in the Classic line - which oils have worked, and which haven't?

The only core oils I've used are Lavender, Sweet Almond Mint and Tea Tree...with Tea Tree by far my favorite for results. I now use the Lav under my nose and on my temples when I have a headache--very soothing.

I use the TT once a week, and a seasonal once a week for scalp treatment. No real fave among the seasonals...they are all nice! I have Spring Honey Lilac, Fall Tuscan Pear and Winter White Citrus. Currently using SHL, but I think it'll be gone just at the right time to break out the FTP!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Treatment Oils in the Classic line - which oils have worked, and which haven't?

They all work, but some of them I can't stand the smell of and won't purchase because of that.

Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint are the only core oils I purchase in full-size bottles after buying a set of all 6 oils in 1-oz bottles a few years back.

Tea Tree I like to massage on my forehead and cheeks whenever I have a headache or sinus issues. It feels very soothing and the tea tree and eucalyptus scents help. Sweet Almond Mint is my favorite core scent, so I use as a body oil or mix it into body lotion.

I use both Tea Tree and SAM on my scalp. Once a bottle is about 3/4 full, I fill the rest of the bottle up with castor oil and blend. Castor oil is supposedly good for hair growth and that also makes my oil last longer. I keep a separate bottle for my face and body. Once that's 3/4 full, I add the castor oil and move it to my hair rotation.

Esteemed Contributor

Does the castor oil really produces better hair growth for you, ChynnaBlue?  Does it wash off same way as Wen TT?  Or is it an extra effort?  Long time ago I used it on my eyelashes, and remember it was quite thick and gooey.

Occasional Contributor

I love the TT oil. It's the only oil I've tried and agree, it does smell a little medicinal. Guess I'm just used to the smell. I have experienced all kinds of new hair growth using this oil. The new fuzzy hairs can be difficult to control, but am grateful for the challenge.

Respected Contributor

I only use SAM and TT oils.  I have never tried any of the other core oils and can't imagine that I would like them.  I don't like lavender cc at all, (I can't tolerate some floral scents) so definitely wouldn't like the Lavender oil either.  I have no desire to try the Fig oil or CA oil.  I am not sure that I can use the CA cc since I have only used it in the travel packet but do plan on purchasing a 16 oz. size to try.  TT is my favorite overnight treatment but have also used SAM overnight and like them both.  The seasonal oils are my favorite oils especially to use on my body. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does, anyone know the benefits of using the FIG oil?  I would have preferred to use TT, but I still have 1/2 a gallon of my TT CC left, so I will not waste money with purchasing the TSV in the arrangement. I am running low on my FIG, so that is the option that I would like to choose.

Honored Contributor

Fig Leaf Extract is considered a skin conditioning agent or lubricant that lends skin to being soft, it's probably why  it's in every one of the core CCs (and I think most of the core styling products as well).

I am alergic to figs (contact dermatitis), so I had to stop using the Fig CC and the entire Fig line and am careful to watch for it in the other products (it's usually farther down on the list in those).  MIF causes me problems, too, so I am using that kit up and will not re-order.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have settled on getting TT and Pom for myself, as I know I totally can use both of these scents for sure, along with all their ancillary products, and additional plus - I like how they smell.

But just thinking about how great this upcoming deal really is..... I really would like to get to try two more - FIG and LAV.  But do have lots of hesitation about both - their scent and performance for me, I don't know if they'd work ...... Don't know. 

I really wish, I would of not missed last December's TSV (?) where all five core CCs were offered at crazy low price. If I bought 5 Core CC Set back then, I would of known by now which ones to buy on the upcoming TSV.

I really can't believe how great this price is.

I paid $46.20 (with shipping and tax) for 12+2 oz of TT RTM alone last February! It was priced at $39.98. And it was considered to be a super deal.

I paid total of almost $64 for so many 4 oz oils I bought.

And when you add to it the price of 32 oz CC and SC, well I really can't believe this TSV!

Trusted Contributor

TT oil - love the results, it keeps my scalp happy. But, I won't pay full price for it, if I run out, I make my own TT oil blend. I stock up when it's offered in a kit, think I have one extra bottle on hand

SAM - love this oil, but it's very invigorating because of the peppermint. I like to use this one if I'm going to be at home during the day, but not overnight......it's so minty that it's caused sleep disruptions 😃 wake up and start wondering why I smell peppermints. 

LAV - like this oil, but won't repurchase unless it's offered in a special. Love the lavender scent, but not crazy about the addition of the mint. 

FIG - absolutely LOVE this oil! Just picked up another one in the Home and Away oil duo. I really like the scent, and so does my man

POM - I like the POM oil better than the CC, but I'm not crazy about it......it's very sweet. I will not repurchase. 

Valued Contributor

I have tried TT, POM, FIG and LAV oils in the cores. MIF and SHL besides those.

I love the scent of the POM but I think something in it is an allergen for me. I wake in the morning after an overnight treatment with my nose all stopped up. That being said, I am still using it! But I won't buy more.

TT is very fresh and relaxing and I find the LAV very relaxing as well. Lavender oil is someithing that I love using in lotions for the relaxing effect, so a scalp treatment with it is heaven.

Fig was ok but I only tried a 1 oz quite a long time ago.

SHL is my favorite scent wise! OMG!

But SHL isn't a core.....