WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Treatment Oil - Disintegrating Cap

So many products come with droppers now, but I had never considered the top part giving way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge it is the cap that broke and is causing my problem.  i need to cap the bottle.  i don't need a dropper; I have droppers.  i won't purchase a dropper online because even if i find one with a cap, it might not fit the bottle.  i was hoping for suggestions where i might store the oil that won't disintrgrate. If I get a screwcap that fits the bottle with the dropper, that would be great.  that is what i thought you were suggesting i ask wen for.

i guess a glass bottle would work, like josies.  i was hoping someone might suggest a bottle i might have, like a dishwashing liquid bottle.  i had an empty mouthwash bottle i was thinking about using.

i found 6 bottles with droppers for $7 in amazon per @geezerette 's suggestion, wednesdy delivery, but if someone has a more expedient suggestion i wecome it!

Thanks| 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

I've never found a plain plastic cap that fit the oil bottles. CS at Chaz's sent me a new dropper a couple of years ago, through reg mail, only took a few days. But never asked them for an empty bottle.

Edit- they sent me a new screwcap with glass tube and rubber bulb, the whole assembly. That's what i mean by dropper.

2nd edit, in that case I'd keep it in the original WEN bottles and ask Chaz's CS for new droppers. Yes, that's what I originally meant.

Do you have a small glass bottle? Glass would be best choice.

Josie's bottles sound good.

In the dishware section, Dollar Store might have glass bottles with screw on tops.(?)

I wouldn't use a plastic bottle unless it originally held an oil, so nix on mouthwash or dish soap.

I like @rochelleS  suggestion of asking about a suitable bottle & top at the pharmacy. They'll have brown bottles.  Tell them it will be used for holding a blend of oils.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@x Hedge it is the cap that broke and is causing my problem.  i need to cap the bottle.  i don't need a dropper; I have droppers.  i won't purchase a dropper online because even if i find one with a cap, it might not fit the bottle.  i was hoping for suggestions where i might store the oil that won't disintrgrate. If I get a screwcap that fits the bottle with the dropper, that would be great.  that is what i thought you were suggesting i ask wen for.

i guess a glass bottle would work, like josies.  i was hoping someone might suggest a bottle i might have, like a dishwashing liquid bottle.  i had an empty mouthwash bottle i was thinking about using.

i found 6 bottles with droppers for $7 in amazon per @geezerette 's suggestion, wednesdy delivery, but if someone has a more expedient suggestion i wecome it!

Thanks| 

@NYCLatinaMe 

Again, I'd suggest a pharmacy. They dispense liquid meds in brown glass bottles. (ie cough syrup etc)

Obviously, glass is optimum. I personally wouldn't bother with any plastic at all. Check a compounding pharmacy or a mom and pop owned pharmacy if the big name stores only have plastic. Even my vet has dispensed rx's in a brown glass bottle with the same dropper top discussed here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  wrote:

Sounds good!  😉

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @rochelleS  & @x Hedge I am going to buy the bottles from Amazon.  I appreciate the drugstore suggestion, but all I have are CVS and Walgreens, I don't think they'll give me several fresh bottles with a droppers.  Each of the bottles I have is 4 oz, and 2 of the 3 are full.  The Amazon bottles are 1 oz, each and appear to be the best value.  And I don't know how long Wen would take to send the caps with droppers.

i guess the lesson is not to hoard the oils.  But I think Wen should change the cap, include the dropper separately like other vendors do (Perricone).  2 of my bottles were brand new, and if the packaging was different, this wouldn't have happened.  At a minimum, the bottles should contain a warning not to store them on their sides, as @x Hedge I believe indicated.  I will contact Wen customer service with my issue.

Thanks for your ideas!

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge I actually thought of that, but I'm using it up so fast that I don't think it'll be a problem. Plus, I won't be buying any more Wen oils (financial reasons) once this is used up, so I'll just toss the bottle.

Thanks for the advice!