WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Sun, Oct 2 - Lessman COQ10 TS - crazy great value!! :)

@sueinsf I myself went with the largest bottle of plain CoQ10, no D added as I am already getting over 1,000mg/day with all his other vits I take. 

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I agree that this is the best value I've ever seen on the CoQ10.  I'm going to purchase but have to decide whether I want 2000 IU D or 1000 IU D.  I've been taking 2500 IU (plus extra when I take my calcium) and my doctor thinks that is too much.  I know Andrew recommends taking far more D than most doctors.  I suppose I can't go wrong either way.

Hi @sueinsf, I'm overweight -- which means I sequester Vitamin D3 in my omentum belly fat -- and so I take a lot of Vitamin D3 just to be on the safe side. I take about 8,000-10,000 IU daily in the winter and about 4,000-6,000 IU in the summer. If I spend a day in the sun then I'll give extra Vitamin D3 a pass. 

I haven't noticed any bad effects from taking this amount of D3 daily. -- Basically you get 10,000 IU of D3 if you spend 10-15 minutes in the sun in the summer months. Andrew feels that supplementing with up to 10,000 IU daily is a safe upper limit and that's what I go by. I modify my supplementation based on what time of the year it is. -- In the late fall and winter months, you just don't get the right sun wavelengths for your body to make Vitamin D3... so supplementing is important.

One of the reasons that I know how effective Andrew's Procaps Labs supplements are for me is that my body is very sensitive to the effectiveness of supplements: frequently I can actually feel the difference with supplements. 

In early April around the 8th-10th, my body can actually feel the sun's wavelengths becoming stronger and more effective. I can actually feel my body greedily grabbing onto nature's best source of D3. It's like getting over D3 hunger pain. -- Andrew's D3 is great... but the sun source is the very best. Smiley Happy

@sueinsf, I thought you might be interested in this, so I thought I'd share. Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Thanks @bebe777.  For me, I don't feel I need 10,000 IU or even 5000 IU.  I was taking 2500 (plus an extra 1000) and my doctor thought that too much.  I actualy decided to take it down to 1000 IU plus the 1000 IU with my calcium.  I think that is enough for me.

It's interesting, but Andrew sometimes mentions a government website to check research (I can't remember the name now) and after reading some of the studies, I actually decided I needed LESS D3!

@sueinsf, I think you're referring to PubMed, the US governemdnt website that is part of the National Institutes for Health (NIH). it's a great research source:

Home - PubMed - NCBI

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

National Center for Biotechnology Information
PubMed comprises more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to  ...

I experimented with Vitamin D3  to figure out the best levels for me. -- I also get Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) which makes my Vitamin D43 supplementation even more important. That said while more D3 is helpful, the light therapy is really what gets me through the winter months.

My main focus with mentioning the amount of D3 I take is to use me as an example of someone who is close to that 10,000 IU daily with no negative results. 

That said, each of us is an individual complicated chemical experiment and it's important  to figure out what works best for each of our bodies. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh thank you for the info @bebe777...We are going to read more about it, and if it works I do want to try it!...I can't even believe how wonderful these products are!...

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, thanks @bebe777 for all the information on COQ10,I'm anxious to start it.  As you know I suffer with the Fibro and energy is sometimes a problem,  if I have a good day and I workout I get energy from doing so.  When I flare though I'm down most times for long periods of time (sometimes months).  I have to get the immune support because Fibro is an autoimmune and I catch everything.  I get my flu shot every year as well,  When someone gets something for a few days I could get it for a few weeks and then I usually flare.  I will keep you posted and once again for all the info.😊