WEN

Frequent Contributor

Re: Wen - Summer Coconut Lime Verbena - how does it work for you? - CC, RTM, Oil, SC & Mousse

[ Edited ]

This is my favorite seasonal CC.  I love them all but I feel as if Chaz is constantly improving with each new CC.  The base is already awesome but then he works his magic and makes the next even better.  

I also have SHP and SMC but I feel as if the scent of SLCV is more representative of summer.  I also love the FTP scent also but it is not what I think of when I think of summer.  It also blends well with other summer products and reminds me of one of the Victorias Secret summer fragrances.  

The performance is great for my curly hair.  When it is really humid, I tend to reach for this.  It isn't heavy but keeps the frizz down.  Sometimes I use the SCs but I am not loyal to them. I bought 2 of the SLCV SCs and my daughter used one (she loves it/she has wavy hair) and I used up the other.  I am getting ready to buy more.   I must have missed out on the QVC deals last year because I could only find this on Chaz's website.

I also love oils and I use this oil more than the others.  I have SCLV, SHP, SMC, FTP, SHL, POM, and Fig.  I adore the smell.   I was disappointed that Chaz didn't release a SCLV fragrance.  I got Bebe's notification (thanks Bebe!) about the new perfumes and was so sad when I only saw SHP and SMC.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen - Summer Coconut Lime Verbena - how does it work for you? - CC, RTM, Oil, SC & Mousse

SCLV is one of my favorite formulas. I detect coconut and lime regarding the fragrance. As far as performance, my coarse hair (which is chemically straightened once every 7-8 months) is smooth, silky, super shiny and full of body. No drying whatsoever. I'm a matchy-matchy kind of person and I use the oil the night before I cleanse and the  SC and RTM right after I cleanse. Since I love the fragrance so much, I am known to go back into the bathroom and spray more of the RTM not only on my hair, but my clothes😍.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom, here are some additional reviews for Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV). Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I think I'll pass on this one from the reviews. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom, lol, I couldn't agree with you more. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777

Some of the questions folks have about the Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners include:

* what is the scent like

I smell more lime perhaps similar to key lime with a twist of coconut.  I have no idea what verbena smells like, but I don't notice it in addition to the lime and coconut. I really like the scent (my top three seasonals along with SOB and SHP)

* what is the performance like, especially for particular hair types 

I use it for my second cleanse since I have less of it.  My first cleanse is a combo of whatever I feel like at the time (BGT, SOB, SHP).

* how moisturizing is it 

I feel it does a good job with moisture, maybe not like SHP, but parrallel with SOB

* does it dry out your hair and, if so, how much 

no

* does if give your hair extra volume 

Not sure about the volume being any different than the other seasonals, but it does not weigh my hair down at all

* is it good for curly hair

Yes, I love it and I have shoulder-length curly/wavy hair with highlights/lowlights

I'm less clear about what questions people have about the styling products. Smiley Happy

I love the SCLV mousse. Volume, moisture, and frizz control. The oil I use sparingly since I only have one ounce!

The SC works like all of the others I suppose.

This afternoon I am supposed to get my ODO SCLV CC, mousse set, with the medium round brush.  I am waiting to get this so I can give the brush a try.  I tossed out my Wen boar bristle brush in the large size/diameter because it just did not work when I wanted to blow dry/style  my hair into a sleek look.  I am hoping that the medium size works well and is less awkward than the larger diameter.

I sure hope Chaz does not retire SCLV.  I find it a refreshing change to my  Wen collection!

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom, lol, I couldn't agree with you more. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Thanks for bumping it, reading a review from someone with similar hair texture made me think this isn't the one for me. Plus as much as I love me some mojitos, the CC scent doesn't sound great. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

This afternoon I am supposed to get my ODO SCLV CC, mousse set, with the medium round brush.  I am waiting to get this so I can give the brush a try.  I tossed out my Wen boar bristle brush in the large size/diameter because it just did not work when I wanted to blow dry/style  my hair into a sleek look.  I am hoping that the medium size works well and is less awkward than the larger diameter.

I sure hope Chaz does not retire SCLV.  I find it a refreshing change to my  Wen collection!

@jpie, wow!! Thank you for that extensive review. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your SCLV ODO trio!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777

You are welcome!  

UPS just delivered the ODO SCLV set.  I opened the box and pulled out the brush.  It fits so much better into my hand then the large diameter one did.  I ordered the large one by itself about 3-4 years ago.  I thought the larger diameter brush would be better for longer hair, but it was just too difficult to manipulate during the blow-out process! This size feels more manageable.

Regular Contributor

I was so excited when this scent was announced since I love all of the components. I ordered the CC, oil and RTM last year but I was very disappointed with the scent. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it has an almost masculine note in it that I do not like and is so strong that it gives me a migraine. I generally love all citrus based scents and have issues with anything strongly floral. I am not sure why this scent gets to me.

I have been mixing in the CC and oil with SMC but and I like the resulting scent- the line really comes out which gives a brightness to the scent of SMC. I can't tolerate the RTM.

As far as performance, I think that it is similar to the other seasonals with the four tea complex- light but not as moisturizing as those with the honey.