WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Styling Creme in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

[ Edited ]

____ 

From what Chaz has shared on periscope it sounds as though the Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC will be be available in the Classic line scents. These scents are Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). 

In the Classic line, the 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner (CC) sells for $49.50 and the 4oz. Treatment Oils sell for $54.50. Since the TSV price is $59, most Wenners will probably be making their purchasing selection based on either the CC or Oil they would like to try.

With that in mind, I thought I'd set up four individual Wen Classic line threads: one each for the Cleansing ConditionersTreatment OilsStyling Cremes, and Replenishing Treatment Mists. -- This way Wenners can ask questions and share information on which particular scents they like for each of the four products.

Overall, the individual Cleansing Conditioner scents have each been created with different hair care needs in mind. For the Treatment Oils, specific oils may have specific benefits for your scalp. Whereas, the various Styling Cremes and Replenishing Treatment Mists seem to perform equally well; for these two items, I think most people pick whichever scent they like the best.  

Additionally, each scent can vary through the product line. For example, I love the LAV CC scent but I find the LAV RTM has a powdery note that I don't like.

____

This thread is for the Styling Cremes in the Classic line.

From a performance perspective, I think that most people find that the Styling Cremes in the Classic line are all about the same.

When I first started watch Chaz's QVC shows (around 2005-7) he said that the SCs were pretty much the same except for the essential oils in each SC. But, from what I was reading on the board, people were using them interchangeably. Much later on (maybe 2011), for a while, Chaz was recommending particular SCs for particular hair types. Personally, I think he did this in response to customer information requests. People could see how the different CC scents gave their hair different results, so they were asking for more direction on the SC scents. Eventually Chaz stopped recommending particular SCs for particular hair types. -- In the Classic SC line, I've used four different SCs (SAM, TT, LAV & CA) and they all worked exactly the same way on my hair.  

I think that most people just select the SC scent that they like best.

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - periscope - InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Styling Creme in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

____

I have thin/fine porous hair which is shoulder length. I've used four different SCs which were Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Lavender (LAV) and Cucumber Aloe (CA). They each worked equally well on my hair. 

In terms of their scent, they all smelled fairly similar to their corresponding Cleansing Conditioners but the SC scents were a bit softer: 

* SAM -- It smells like the South Of France almond soap which i really like. I think I also smell a hint of mint. I really like this scent.

* TT -- I've used the TT CC on a regular basis because I like the results I get with it. It took me a bit of time to get used to the TT CC scent. The TT SC scent is milder but still somewhat medicinal.

* LAV -- I love the expensive lavender from the south of Provence which is the lavender that Chaz uses. I love the way it smells in the CC and I love the way it smells in the SC.

* CA -- I find the scent to be cloying and i don't like it. I also don't like the scent of the CA CC. It reminds me of the scent of one of those Little Kiddles scented mini dolls that I had when I was a child. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Styling Creme in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

From the classic line I've tried the SAM, POM and FIG SCs. I really don't notice a difference in the performance. I guess I don't pay that much attention to the scent of the SC because I use so little of it that it's not something I can smell in my hair once it's dry, anyway. Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

I really like TT and Pom.  They seem to work better than the others for some reason.  I also like the 613.

Respected Contributor

I definitely plan on purchasing TT for the tsv and maybe SAM if I decide to purchase two tsv's.  I have never used TT sc and if I decide I don't like it I would imagine that I can just mix it with another fragrance to change the scent slightly. 

Regular Contributor

I don't care for the styling creme in any classic scents.  I use the 613 styling creme because it adds more shine and controls the frizz better than any of the other ones for my hair type which is thick, coarse and wavy.

Respected Contributor

I've used Pomegranate, Sweet Almond Mint and Lavendar Styling Cremes and really can't tell much, if any, difference between the three. They all smell good and work well!

Occasional Contributor

I've tried TT, LAV and POM styling cremes. They just aren't for me. All left my hair with crazy fly aways and frizz. That only took me a few years to figure out. 613 is a completely different success story. It's my go to product.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

I definitely plan on purchasing TT for the tsv and maybe SAM if I decide to purchase two tsv's.  I have never used TT sc and if I decide I don't like it I would imagine that I can just mix it with another fragrance to change the scent slightly. 

To me the SCs don't seem to have that strong of a scent. I've never tried the TT SC but I assume it can't smell that bad.

Trusted Contributor

TT - love this one, it's a favorite for sure! The scent is very clean and green, not overly medicinal like the CC. It's also the one I use if I use a seasonal CC as my leave in, the scent is very light. 

LAV - another favorite, along with TT

SAM - don't care for this one, always seems a bit heavy on my hair. My man uses it and he likes it because it doesn't "smell like a girl"