WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC - scents: Classic line

@sonechko wrote:

Ladies who know Fig Formula well, how is menthol content in the Fig CC? High or not too high? Also is Fig oil good one for you too?

To me, the Fig CC has a lot of menthol in it. Or at least it's a very strong menthol scent to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen - Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC - scents: Classic line

Thanks bebe!  This is worth it for the oil alone.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Hey Bebe! Is this Fig set the one that YOU've purchased?  Wow. Looking at this picture I REALLY want it too! I am toying with an idea of trying Fig for super moisture once-in-awhile.

Truly - "A picture is worth a thousand words..."

sonechko, lol, and no... this is just a photo I snagged from Chaz's facebook page. I figured it would be a great TSV tease... some have called me an enabler. Smiley Wink Go figure. Smiley Wink

Actually, I still haven't figured out which scents I'm going to purchase. I hope to sit myself down this weekend and make a final decision. lol, hopefully the advance quantities won't all be sold out by then. 

Since the Seasonals came out, I've really been a Seasonals girl with a dash of 613 CC to repair my hair on occasion. And then there was Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), and you know all about my love affair with Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF). 

But since as long as  I have one of the above formulas for either my first or second cleanse, I'm happy to add back a few Classics to my routine... mainly because I want to try some of the oils... but I'm still trying to decide which ones to go with. Smiley Happy

Except for Tea Tree (and Lavender for a good friend), I really don't use the Classic line that much so I'm still not sure of what to do.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I hear you. Tough call Bebe. But think - "Oil".

Core CCs will be coming on some other special deals later on. There will be even gallons available and BF sale and other specials coming in the future. There will be Christmas time Variety Sets to try new (for you) core CCs. Hopefully, there will be small sizes Oil Variety Sets in the future, or else we should start asking Chaz making oil samples kits available.

The Star of this TSV Kit is the Oil. This TSV, I think, is ALL ABOUT 4 oz Oil Bottle.

Everything else is an add-on price-wise. Which Oil has the most healing and antibacterial properties for the scalp and hair growth?

Yep. That's the one!  Woman Happy In my never-so-humble opinion.

th-1.jpg

Valued Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Ladies who know Fig Formula well, how is menthol content in the Fig CC? High or not too high? Also is Fig oil good one for you too?

To me, the Fig CC has a lot of menthol in it. Or at least it's a very strong menthol scent to me.

When I used the FIG last fall, I felt there was a lot of menthol in the formula. It definitely tingled on my scalp. 

**Suz**
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Suz!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I post, all I can say is yeah my biopsies have come back clean, so maybe now I can concentrate on other fun things.

I received my TSV and I’m simply blown away with the size and value. I bought two and the oil stopper has a dimple, do I need to leave that alone for a greater shelf life or do I need to open it?

lking

Trusted Contributor

@woodyend wrote:

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I post, all I can say is yeah my biopsies have come back clean, so maybe now I can concentrate on other fun things.

I received my TSV and I’m simply blown away with the size and value. I bought two and the oil stopper has a dimple, do I need to leave that alone for a greater shelf life or do I need to open it?

Both of mine had dimples as well, but it was due to lack of air. I'm not sure how that happens--maybe it's something about how the bottles are closed at the factory? I opened both of mine and as soon as I unscrewed the tops, letting air in, the droppers plumped right back up. I tightened them right back up and will keep them in a cool, dark place.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, I didn’t know if this was a way of keeping air out for longer shelf life or just what happens at the plant. I have read where the rubber can degrade so I was thinking the dimpling was not good for it.  

Trusted Contributor

@woodyend wrote:

lking

My hair before Wen.Smiley Surprised

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@woodyend wrote:

Thanks, I didn’t know if this was a way of keeping air out for longer shelf life or just what happens at the plant. I have read where the rubber can degrade so I was thinking the dimpling was not good for it.  

I think perhaps in some cases dimpling can be an indication that the rubber has already started to degrade. However, if it plumps back up when air is let in, then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

From what I have heard here, one of the reasons the rubber can degrade is due to exposure to the essential oils. Which means you should not store the bottles lying on their sides where the oil can get into the rubber dropper and stay there for a long time. I think if you store the bottle standing up, in a cool, dark place, they should be fine and letting that little bit of air in won't be a problem as long as you tighten the cap back up.