WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?

MY FAVORITE SEASONALS 

1) Spring Orange Blossom (SOB)

* I love this powdery floral scent!!! -- For some reason, while I love using SOB as a body lotion, I find the scent too strong when I cleansing my hair with it. So I cut the SOB by doing a 50/50 mix with either 613 or Bamboo Green Tea. It smells great and also has the side benefit of making my SOB last longer!! 

2) Spring Green Tea Gardenia (SGGT)

* I must be one of the five people who loved SGGT. Chaz created this scent because his gardenias were his mom's favorite flower. SGGT along with SOB and 613 are powdery fragrances that remind me of perfumes from the 1940s (e.g. Worth and Blue Grass) -- I'm a real fan of those scents Smiley Happy A lot of Wenners seemed to feel that SGGT was too drying for their hair. I have thin/fine and that was never an issue for me with SGGT (LAV is the only CC that dries my hair).

3) Summer Honey Peach (SHP) 

* Chloe is one of my favorite perfumes (it's a peach scent), so I was glad that I loved the SHP scent.

Note:  Spring Orange Blossom and Bamboo Green Tea are my favorite scents. Spring Gardenia Green Tea runs a close third, with 613 and Summer Honey Peach not far behind.  

___

Seasonals that always put a smile on my face...

4) Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* To me, it smells like mulled apple cider which is great. The scent makes me think of cool, crisp autumn days. It makes me happy. 

5) Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM)

* It's a festive holiday berry scent with a hint of mint. This is the scent which has probably grown on me most over time. At first, the scent was fine, but nothing special. But, on Thanksgiving a few years back, when I mixed it with FAS and FGP I created a holiday scent that makes me feel really festive. Since then, I've come to enjoy it more and more. Much like Fall Apple Spice, WCM always puts a smile on my face. 

6) Winter White Citrus (WWC) 

* This is another festive scent which makes sense, since it's a holiday scent. I really enjoy the scent, but it's too 

___ 

Seasonals that I also really like... 

7) Fall Tuscan Pear (PFT) 

* I really like it. It's a pure scent and smells just like one of those great juicy pears from Harry & David's. It's definitely a fun fall scent.

8) Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) 

* It took me a while to get used to FGP because I just didn't like the idea of food scents in my hair. As I mentioned above, floral scents are my favorites. It probably took me about a year to get used to Seasonal food scents, but now I really enjoy them. 

9) Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) 

* The scent reminds me like a wonderfully relaxing summer day at the beach. It smells just like a pina colada.

10) Spring Honey Lilac (SHL) 

* This scent is typical of Wen's spring soft floral scents and has a gentle lilac scent.

___ 

The Seasonal that's grown on me a bit... over time...

11) Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM)

* I like chocolates and I like mints... I just really wasn't keen about smelling Andes mints in my hair. -- That said, on a chilly winter day, WVM can occasionally be a fun change of pace... lol, in moderation. Smiley Wink

___ 

The Seasonal that confuses me and that I'm not really a fan of (though I'll keep trying *s*)...

12) Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV)

* I love the the smell of verbena. Unfortunately, for me, the coconut note is overwhelming and just too strong. I can smell the verbena, but it seems to be in a fight with the coconut. These two notes seem to be going in different directions, as though they each want to be in different fragrances. There's something else I can vaguely smell, but I'm not really sure of what it is. It might be the lime trying to fight it's way out, but I'm not really sure. -- In the end, this scent just confused me.

SEASONALS MOST LIKELY TO BE RETIRED -- my opinion 

1) Spring Green Tea Gardenia (SGGT) 

A lot of Wennners seemed to feel that SGGT was too drying for their hair though I didn''t have that problem. -- Some folks didn't think it had enough of a gardenia scent. This may have been because there is also a green tea note in this scent. -- I think it may be the least favorite formula. 

2) Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* A number of people liked the way it made their hair look, but they couldn't get past the strong (and sometimes unpleasant) scent. Some comments were: too much spice, smelled more like maple syrup than apple spice, and that the scent was too strong the the smell remained in their hair.

3) Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) 

* It didn't seem as though many Wenners thought the scent was particularly memorable. 

4) *maybe* Summer Coconut Mango (SCM)

* This is my wild guess... and it's just based on the fact that SMC has been around for the longest time. I'm guessing that Chaz is going to retire one Seasonal from each season, which would mean that one of very popular summer Seasonals would have to get retired. -- Also, unlike SMC which is just available in the Cleansing Conditioner, Treatment Oil and Replenishing Treatment Mist... both Summer Honey Peach and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena will also be available in Styling Creme, Mousse and (as of the summer of 2016) Eaa de Parfum. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Performance wise FGP is becoming one of my favorites and SOB (smell and performance) is my all time favorite. FGP scent is a thumbs down but its performance overwieghs the scent. Favorite scents are CLV & SHL. 

Respected Contributor

I think I have to amend my original list to put WCM in 5th place behind SHP and before SMC. I forgot how much I liked it because I didn't buy it last year. I kind of overdosed on it the first year it came out. I think I was using it through summer because I had so much. Lol.

Once I open a bottle, I have to finish it. A half used bottle will bother me until I use it up. Lol.
Valued Contributor

I have to ammend mine.

I only can use the summers and winters. I reacted to ftp and wwc so those are off the list.

Fave by scent: wvm, smc, sclv, wcm
Fave by performance: wvm, sclv, smc, wcm.

My ABSOLUTE fave is wvm.
Valued Contributor

So used my WCM for the 1st time today, oh my do I like. Its light, bouncy but frizz free. Has a more volume than with other seasonals. Its not as heavy as WVM. The scent takes a bit getting used to but its a cheerful scent. Really like it. Hope the rumor that it may be one of the ones put on the backburner aren't true.  Maybe I should have bought the 3 for $ deal Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

So used my WCM for the 1st time today, oh my do I like. Its light, bouncy but frizz free. Has a more volume than with other seasonals. Its not as heavy as WVM. The scent takes a bit getting used to but its a cheerful scent. Really like it. Hope the rumor that it may be one of the ones put on the backburner aren't true.  Maybe I should have bought the 3 for $ deal Smiley Happy.

@segrl21, those (3) 16oz Seasonal trio OTOs were an excellent value. -- It's possible that a (2) 16oz Seasonal CC plus (2) 6oz RTM OTO may be coming up at a later date, so keep on the lookout for that possibility.

-- bebe Smiley Happy