WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?

[ Edited ]

Since Chaz mentioned a few days ago that some of the Seasonals were going to be retired next year, I was curious as to which Seasonals people liked and which ones they thought were going to be retired.

I've only tried the first eight Seasonals. I like all eight Seasonal that I've tried (from the first two roll outs). I haven't tried this past year's Seasonals yet. Chaz was bringing them out so quickly that I got behind, so this gives me time to catch up. For me, they all perform equally well (though that's not the case for all Wenners). -- You can click on the Wen Abbreviations Glossary to decode the Seasonals abbreviations.

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - periscope - InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?

[ Edited ]

____ 

MY FAVORITE SEASONALS (among the eght that I've tried)

____

1) Spring Orange Blossom (SOB)

* I love this powdery floral scent!!! -- It's also great mixed with 613.

2) Summer Honey Peach (SHP) 

* Chloe is one of my favorite perfumes (it's a peach scent), so I was glad that I loved the SHP scent.

3) Spring Green Tea Gardenia (SGGT)

* I must be one of the five people who loved SGGT. Chaz created this scent because his gardenias were his mom's favorite flower. SGGT along with SOB and 613 are powdery fragrances that remind me of perfumes from the 1940s (e.g. Worth and Blue Grass) -- I'm a real fan of thos scents Smiley Happy A lot of Wennners seemed to feel that SGGT was too drying for their hair. I have thin/fine and that was never an issue for me with SGGT (LAV is the only CC that dries my hair).

-- 

Seasonals that I also really like: 

4) Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* To me, it smells like mulled apple cider which is great. The scent makes me think of cool, crisp autumn days. It makes me happy. 

5) Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) 

* The scent reminds me like a wonderfully relaxing summer day at the beach.

6) Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) 

* It took me a while to get used to FGP because I just didn't like the idea of food scents in my hair. As I mentioned above, floral scents are my favorites. It probably took me about a year to get used to Seasonal food scents, but now I really enjoy them. 

--

The Seasonal that I don't mind (and have gotten used to): 

7) Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM)

* The scent was fine, but nothing special. But, on Thanksgiving, when I mixed it with FAS and FGP I created a holiday scent that makes me feel really festive.

--

The Seasonal that I'm not a fan of:

8) Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM)

* My least favorite Seasonals were winter Seasonals: WVM and WCM. -- I didn't mind WCM, it just thrill me (but mixing it with FGT and FAS makes for a great holiday scent). I didn't like WVM because I didn't like smelling Andes mints in my hair.

____

SEASONALS MOST LIKELY TO BE RETIRED 

____ 

1) Spring Green Tea Gardenia (SGGT) 

A lot of Wennners seemed to feel that SGGT was too drying for their hair though I didn''t have that problem. I think it may be the least favorite formula. 

2) Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* A number of people liked the way it made their hair look, but they couldn't get past the strong (and sometimes unpleasant) scent. Some comments were: too much spice, smelled more like maple syrup than apple spice, and that the scent was too strong the the smell remained in the hair.

3) Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) 

* It didn't seem as though many Wenners thought the scent was particularly memorable. 

4) Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP) 

* I haven't tried it yet but, from what I read in last fall's forum threads, it didn't seem to have a strong following. But since it's going to be Chaz's newest EDT addition, I'm guessing that it's going to be around for a while.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

Spring Honey Lilac is my new fave! I actually like it better (performance and fragrance) then my previous fave, Summer Honey Peach!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My favorite seasonals?  Winter Vanilla Mint, Winter Vanilla Mint, and Winter Vanilla Mint!

Need I say more?   Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

Great thread!!! I have favorites based on performance and also favorites based on scent.

I'll start with scent. I'm putting them in order from favorite to least favorite.
Fall: Tuscan pear, apple spice, ginger pumpkin
Winter: vanilla mint, white citrus, cranberry mint
Spring: honey lilac, orange blossom, gardenia green tea
Summer: mango coconut, coconut lime verbena, honey peach

Now for performance....I'm putting them in order from favorite to least favorite performance.
Winter: white citrus, cranberry mint, vanilla mint
Spring: orange blossom, honey lilac, gardenia green tea
Summer: mango coconut, honey peach, coconut lime verbena

I'm not sure which ones Chaz will retire. However, I hope that what ever he does retire, he will bring back from the vault from time to time. If I had to guess, I think he might retire fall apple spice, winter cranberry mint, spring gardenia green tea, and summer- no clue?? This is just based on which ones seem the least popular.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

Bebe ftp will still be around, Chaz said so on periscope.  

Ok here are mine.  Faves by scent.  I havent tried wvm or any of the springs.

Fall:  ftp, fgp, fas

winter:  wcm, wwc

summer:  smc and sclv tied, shp

By performance 

Fall:  ftp, fas and fgp tied

winter:  wwc, wcm

summer:  smc and sclv tied again

My absolute faves are smc and sclv.  While I love wcm and wwc I am sensitive and can only use them occasionally.  All the falls work well for me, though fas fragrance keeps me from using it unless I mix it with something. 

Respected Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:
Great thread!!! I have favorites based on performance and also favorites based on scent.

I'll start with scent. I'm putting them in order from favorite to least favorite.
Winter: vanilla mint, white citrus, cranberry mint
Spring: honey lilac, orange blossom, gardenia green tea
Summer: mango coconut, coconut lime verbena, honey peach

Now for performance....I'm putting them in order from favorite to least favorite performance.
Winter: white citrus, cranberry mint, vanilla mint
Spring: orange blossom, honey lilac, gardenia green tea
Summer: mango coconut, honey peach, coconut lime verbena

I'm not sure which ones Chaz will retire. However, I hope that what ever he does retire, he will bring back from the vault from time to time. If I had to guess, I think he might retire fall apple spice, winter cranberry mint, spring gardenia green tea, and summer- no clue?? This is just based on which ones seem the least popular.

I agree with you about the seasonals that will probably be retired.  I haven't tried all of the seasonals since I didn't think I would like them, (WVM, FGP, SHL) and did try but didn't like, (FAS), and thought it would be too drying (SGGT).  My favorite is SHP but I like all of the other seasonals that I have used. 

Trusted Contributor

I only got into the seasonals a few months ago, when I bought the Dec TSV. So I haven't tried them all yet. I'm trying to go by season, so I haven't tried any of the fall scents yet and I've only tried WWC from the winter scents. But I'll give you my opinions, limited though they may be, just for the heck of it. Smiley Happy

In order of preference (favorite first):

WWC

SHP

SHL

SOB

SMC, SCLV (have not tried, but have smelled the SMC--I hate coconut, so these are automatically at the bottom of my list)

I'm not sure I'm going to like the food scents, but I will try them since I have them in my stash. I like Bebe's idea of combining some of the fall and winter scents to create a general holiday scent. I might try that--we'll see. I think the WVM might be like torture if the scent lingers... smelling Andes mints all day and not eating any?

I think WWC is still my favorite because I love the light creamy texture and it still had sufficient moisture for my hair in the winter. I almost think SHP might be a little too much moisture for my hair in the summer. But given the heat and humidity here and the fact that my head sweats a lot when I get overheated, maybe it's just not possible for me to go more than two days between cleanses in the summer, no matter which formula I use. But I have noticed that BGT, which I found slightly drying in the winter works better for me in the summer.

I'm not a huge fan of the SHL scent, but the performance is great. I like the SOB scent, but found it a little drying. Mixed together they are great! I haven't tried the SGGT yet, but I plan to next year since I have a bottle or two in my stash. If it's not my favorite, I'll mix it with something else. It's fun figuring out what works together.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried all of them. 

scent:  coconut lime verbina, mango coconut, spring orange blossom, winter vanilla mint, lilac, honey peach

Performance:  mango coconut, winter vanilla mint, honey peach, spring orange blossom,  lilac, coconut lime verbina (loved this at first but it has become drying to my hair)

I forgot to add that I only used FAS once and could not stand the smell.   I have no idea how it performed and even if my hair was the best ever with it I still would not use it.   I gave it to my son to use and when he went to the gym to work out and started to sweat, the guys told him he smelled like a candle.  He never used it again!

Respected Contributor

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

I haven't tried all of them. 

scent:  coconut lime verbina, mango coconut, spring orange blossom, winter vanilla mint, lilac, honey peach

Performance:  mango coconut, winter vanilla mint, honey peach, spring orange blossom,  lilac, coconut lime verbina (loved this at first but it has become drying to my hair)

I forgot to add that I only used FAS once and could not stand the smell.   I have no idea how it performed and even if my hair was the best ever with it I still would not use it.   I gave it to my son to use and when he went to the gym to work out and started to sweat, the guys told him he smelled like a candle.  He never used it again!

I agree with you about FAS.  I also only used it once and gave it to a friend who is a Wen user.  They did use it but didn't really care for the scent but could tolerate it.