WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Seasonals - no additional new styling products

[ Edited ]

On August 31st, in Chaz's Sweetness periscope video, he talked about the decision making process involved in marketing Wen. Chaz was relaxing at home with his dogs and the conversation went from one topic to another. It was a longer video and interesting to listen to. 

Periodically, Chaz would answer a number of questions that people were asking. 

Someone asked him what Seasonal products would be available for the upcoming year. Chaz answered: 

Whatever was available in previous years is what you'd get this year. 

To me that sounded as though there wouldn't be any additional Seasonal styling products available this year for the older Seasonals (which had fewer styling products). He mentioned that Summer Honey Peach (SHP) was when he had started making the Seasonal styling cremes and mousse. 

As always, I was working while I was listening to Chaz, and so I don't always catch everything he says. Soon after that I thought I heard him say that he had fought for the Styling Cremes and the Replenishing Treatment Mists for all of the Seasonals. -- I was confused because he had just said that there would be no new Seasonal products, and this seemed to contradict what he had said earlier. I'm not sure if I misunderstood or if Chaz had meant to reference the Treatment Oils (which are available for all the Seasonals) instead of the Styling Creme. 

___ 

Additionally, someone asked Chaz if a Bamboo fragrance would be available. Chaz said that he's doing all the Seasonal fragrances first, and hasn't done Bamboo yet. -- From what Chaz has been sharing on periscope, it sounds as though he's just going to be doing the fragrances for the four most recent Seasonals.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ Wen 101 -- Wen News - Wen Calendar - new & upcoming Wen products - September Chat 2015 - QVC WEN forum -- Wen Sept 5th TSV -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th -- 2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees  ~ Vote For Your Favorite WEN Products ~ -Wen Abbreviations Glossary --- periscope -Chat with TEAM WEN on September 5th!! 

___

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Seasonals - no additional new styling products

Bebe,

Thanks for the update.  Many of us were hoping that the styling creme and mousse would be added for all of the seasonals but at least I wasn't really expecting it.  It would require quite a committment of time to develop all of these additional products.  I am probably not interested in purchasing a FTP fragrance but definitely would consider a WWC fragrance and SCLV fragrance.  I believe that I would like both of these fragrances. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was actually the one that asked him on periscope about the styling creme and mousse for the seasonals.  What I got from it was....whatever was offered last year would be offered this year.....which means FTP styling creme and mousse.  My understanding,....all the Fall seasonals will have the RTM and oils.

Respected Contributor

As far as I understood from Chaz's answers in the past, he was never intending to make any new products for older seasonals. The issue was whether the Q would carry all previously produced ancillaries for the returning seasonals. Last time he spoke about it that I heard him, I think he thought it would basically be a done deal. So I guess they just wouldn't or backed out. After all, it was guaranteed sales for the Q. Why would they not??

The expense of getting ancillaries for a seasonal gallon next Summer will now be in the ridiculous range. I am very disappointed in the Q for their decision-making.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bleueyez28 wrote:

I was actually the one that asked him on periscope about the styling creme and mousse for the seasonals.  What I got from it was....whatever was offered last year would be offered this year.....which means FTP styling creme and mousse.  My understanding,....all the Fall seasonals will have the RTM and oils.

@bleueyez28 welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy 

I'm so glad you asked him that question and thanks for clarifying his answer. I was working and I wasn't quite as atttentive as I wanted to be. 

Welcome aboard!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

As far as I understood from Chaz's answers in the past, he was never intending to make any new products for older seasonals. The issue was whether the Q would carry all previously produced ancillaries for the returning seasonals. Last time he spoke about it that I heard him, I think he thought it would basically be a done deal. So I guess they just wouldn't or backed out. After all, it was guaranteed sales for the Q. Why would they not??

The expense of getting ancillaries for a seasonal gallon next Summer will now be in the ridiculous range. I am very disappointed in the Q for their decision-making.

@Kjelle that makes what I was hearing make much more sense. There was definately some conversation about what was going to be carried on the Q. I just don't understand some of their decision making.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I just checked the Chaz Dean site and all of the seasonal styling products are already available for purchase.  

Respected Contributor

After work, I got a chance to listen to the stream Sweetness myself.definitely no ancillaries that weren't previously produced AND he said that meant Summer 16 would be the only season with 2 formulas that had SC & mousse. He said all the formulas would have CC, oil and RTM. He said he fought hard for all of this. I would think this means that they just haven't posted the ancillaries yet. So if my interpretation is correct then I would definitely retract my earlier statement of disappointment in the Q's decision-making. 😬

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

After work, I got a chance to listen to the stream Sweetness myself.definitely no ancillaries that weren't previously produced AND he said that meant Summer 16 would be the only season with 2 formulas that had SC & mousse. He said all the formulas would have CC, oil and RTM. He said he fought hard for all of this. I would think this means that they just haven't posted the ancillaries yet. So if my interpretation is correct then I would definitely retract my earlier statement of disappointment in the Q's decision-making. 😬

@Kjelle , thanks so much for sharing that information. I meant to listen to it again, but it expired before I had a chance. 

I knew that some of what I thought I had heard seemed to contradict each other. So the infor I had heard about the SC and mousse had to do with the two new formulas for the end of 2016. lol, now it makes sense!! Smiley Happy And that was what he was fighting so hard for. That makes so much sense. 

Thanks again!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was still hoping for SOB sc and mousse.   I would imagine that a lot of Wenners who love WVM would also like to have sc and mousse for this formula.