WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Replenishing Treatment Mist in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

[ Edited ]

____  

From what Chaz has shared on periscope it sounds as though the Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC will be be available in the Classic line scents. These scents are Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). 

In the Classic line, the 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner (CC) sells for $49.50 and the 4oz. Treatment Oils sell for $54.50. Since the TSV price is $59, most Wenners will probably be making their purchasing selection based on either the CC or Oil they would like to try.

With that in mind, I thought I'd set up four individual Wen Classic line threads: one each for the Cleansing ConditionersTreatment OilsStyling Cremes, and Replenishing Treatment Mists. -- This way Wenners can ask questions and share information on which particular scents they like for each of the four products.

Overall, the individual Cleansing Conditioner scents have each been created with different hair care needs in mind. For the Treatment Oils, specific oils may have specific benefits for your scalp. Whereas, the various Styling Cremes and Replenishing Treatment Mists seem to perform equally well; for these two items, I think most people pick whichever scent they like the best.  

Additionally, each scent can vary through the product line. For example, I love the LAV CC scent but I find the LAV RTM has a powdery note that I don't like.

___

This thread is for the Replenishing Treatment Mists in the Classic line.

From a performance perspective, I think that most people find that the Replenishing Treatment Mists in the Classic line are all about the same. 

I think that most people just select the RTM scent that they like best.

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - periscope - InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Replenishing Treatment Mist in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

____  

I have thin/fine hair. Unfortunately, whenever I've tried to use the RTM to refresh my second day hair,  just 5 spritzes of RTM will weigh my hair down. I'm always so disappointed by this becasue it would be great if the RTM could refresh my hair.

The RTM is a mix of the CC, SC and a few other ingredients. I'm always puzzled as to why the RTM weighs my hair down, because my post-cleanse leave-in (which includes the CC and SC) doesn't weigh my hair down. Oh, well.

When I've read the RTM threads, I've noticed that a number of people with thin/fine hair (but not all of them) feel that the RTM weighs their hair down as well.

I've tried both the TT and the LAV RTMs. In terms of scent: 

* LAV -- I love the expensive lavender from the south of Provence which is the lavender that Chaz uses. I love the way it smells in the CC, but the RTM has a powdery note to it that I don't much like. 

* TT -- I've used the TT CC on a regular basis because I like the results I get with it. It took me a bit of time to get used to the TT CC scent. I don't find the TT RTM scent to be as strong; it's a softer, slightly sweeter scent and I like it better.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

_______

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Replenishing Treatment Mist in the Classic line - which scents do you like and dislike?

I agree with you, @bebe777 I haven't had much luck with the RTMs so far. I have thin fine hair and the RTM just doesn't do all that much for my hair. Sometimes in the afternoon if my ends have started getting a little dry I've tried using the RTM but it doesn't make that much of a difference. Sometimes I've added a few spritzes to my SC and that works okay.

I've only tried the FIG and TT scents in the classic line. I agree that the TT scent isn't as strong as the CC. I really like the FIG RTM scent, though. It smells like the CC but without all the menthol scent.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the RTMs, I've tried mostly all of them except Fig.  I find that with  BGT , 613 and SHP I get the best results on my hair, they plump up the hair.  I always use TT everyday after I cleanse my face and end every night with 613.  I love POM while I'm working out.  I have a variety of seasonals that I use on m y hair and skin.  Don't know how it happened but when I checked my stock I have about 5 6 oz bottles of FAS.  Although my hair is thin I never had a problem with it weighing down my hair luckily.  I'm really struggling with not using it while Im dealing with this medical issue.  To be honest today I couldn't resist and did a quick spritz of SMC on my face.  I had been using these for many years with no problem and I know the issue I'm experiencing is all from stress. Hopefully soon things will be back to normal and I can resume my daily usage.

Valued Contributor

I like the TT, Pom, Sam and Fig, but TT is my favorite.  I love the TT scent.

Respected Contributor

I also have never used the TT rtm and if I don't like it I will just mix it with another scent to use it up.  

Regular Contributor

Pomegranate is the only smell I can stand in the RTM.  I love the RTM in the seasonal scents but not the classic scents.

Respected Contributor

I can't use any of the Replenishing Treatment Mists on dry hair---makes my hair greasy. If I'm not doing an oil treatment, I'll sometimes spray my hair at bedtime. However, I do use 10 sprays from a 2 oz. bottle mixed with a dime-size amount of CC, 3 purmps of mousse, and a pump of styling creme on wet hair as my leave-in. Seems to help with flyaways!

What I absolutely LOVE the RTM's for is skincare! My only skincare right now is 3-4 drops of oil mixed with 4-5 sprays of RTM. I also spray my face to set my makeup, and during the day just to refresh. No particular fave for this, just use what I have. (though 613 RTM/oil is my choice for nighttime).

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I can't use any of the Replenishing Treatment Mists on dry hair---makes my hair greasy. If I'm not doing an oil treatment, I'll sometimes spray my hair at bedtime. However, I do use 10 sprays from a 2 oz. bottle mixed with a dime-size amount of CC, 3 purmps of mousse, and a pump of styling creme on wet hair as my leave-in. Seems to help with flyaways!

What I absolutely LOVE the RTM's for is skincare! My only skincare right now is 3-4 drops of oil mixed with 4-5 sprays of RTM. I also spray my face to set my makeup, and during the day just to refresh. No particular fave for this, just use what I have. (though 613 RTM/oil is my choice for nighttime).

vermint, I generally retest the RTMs just before I cleanse my hair and, unfortunately, it never refreshes my thin/fine hair. This way I can wash the RTM out immediately. 

I've never tried adding the RTM to my wet hair as part of my leave-in routine. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to try it the next time I cleanse my hair!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The way my hair receives RTM, I am in the same boat with you Bebe and Vermint. I don't even think of them as hair care any longer - RTM is my skin care mostly!

And my most favorite of them all these days is TT RTM.

I like it even over all seasonal now.