WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Why is it all I smell in the Lavender and the Cucumber  is MENTHOL?

I have been using WEN since the first day Chaz came on. 13 yrs?  I use both of these "flavors"

I just heard him say all you smell is , Lavender........

I have never smelled Lavrnder in WEN ,ever.

Dose anyone else smell the  Lavender or Cucumber in theirs?

Esteemed Contributor

I used the lavender this morning and I don't smell any lavender.  It has a strong, kind of mediciny smell to me.  Chaz said that it is like being in a field of lavender -- ahhh I don't think so !!!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I used to apply the lavender but I noticed in past year or so the odor of the Menthol being overwhelming....to me. Unfortunately I have stopped using all of it as I cannot tolerate even the scentless anymore....NOR the price. But that is just me and I used to enjoy the Watermelon Kids WEN at one time. I dont think there is Menthol in that one??

Esteemed Contributor

I use lavender and all I smell is lavender.  As a matter of fact when I use it my DD asked me what I sprayed in the bathroom as the scent seems to linger.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you,

I am a Lavender junkie and use Lav scents everywhere on everything,so I know my Lavendaer smell

All these yrs, I have been thinking I am the only one that only smells menthol !

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma nope you aren't the only one! I am not sure I smell the menthol in CA much but certainly in the lavender it is very strongly scented menthol. It is too bad too because I really love true lavender scent so the menthol really distracts from it. But I think I'm different than most in that almost all his scents I can smell the menthol alot, which is unfortunate because the scents could be so incredible without the menthol scent.

I do smell cucumber in the CA. I am one of the rare ones that actually likes the CA CC but I just can't use it because it is too drying/astringent for my hair.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma, I love the LAV CC scent and use it as body lotion... and all I smell is the wenderful expensive lavender from the south of France. Smiley Happy

I may smell a hint of it in the Cucumber Aloe... that said, I don't mind the menthol scent so I'm probably not the best one to answer your question. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

I used to apply the lavender but I noticed in past year or so the odor of the Menthol being overwhelming....to me. Unfortunately I have stopped using all of it as I cannot tolerate even the scentless anymore....NOR the price. But that is just me and I used to enjoy the Watermelon Kids WEN at one time. I dont think there is Menthol in that one??

@Stormygirl, the three Wen Kids CCs are the only formulas which are menthol free: 

* Wen Kids Apple

* Wen Kids Watermelon

* Wen Kids Strawberry-Banana

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I do smell menthol (I just sprayed lavender RMM btw Smiley Very Happy), but there's definitely lavender there as well. I think it's likely any type of mint is a really pervasive scent (and plant - once it's in your garden that's it!!). To your nose, it's overwhelming the lavender. I really do think our noses pick us scents differently too.

I'm forgetting all my perfume terminology here, but maybe menthol could be more like a base note scent(?) like patchouli or sandalwood.

I also love the smell of Cucumber CC btw and really love the Cucumber Oil, even the thyme which hits after the initial scent has worn off.

Respected Contributor

Haven't tried the Cucumber Aloe, but I love the scent of the Lavender! I smell LOTS of Lavender, along with the menthol.

Our noses are all soooo different, it's a wonder that any two people like the same scents!