WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen OTO - better than gallon price!! - 16oz SAM CC, & (8) 2oz Variety CC travel packs - $36.

[ Edited ]

@Susan25 wrote:

I decided to purchase this yesterday since it was such a great value.  I will save the travel packets to use for the occasional weekend trip that I will take during the next few months.  Since I can use most of the core formulas this was a great kit for me.  The only formula that I probably won't use is the lavender since I don't care for the scent and it is very drying. 

Hi Susan, I agreeSmiley Happy 

A few days ago, in the  Wen - new - June special products, kits & pricing thread, I reposted some Wen photos that Chaz had added to a "coming soon" flyer on his facebook page. -- Yesterday's two OTOs -- the SAM CC & Variety CC pack Duo, as well as the BGT & MIF CC Duo -- were among the photos in that flyer. So to me it makes sense that the upcoming Wen OTOs are probably also listed in that flyer. 

One of the photos was of the SCLV Seasonal products and included both the Styling Creme (SC) and mousse. Since Chaz ususally includes each Seasonal SC/mousse Duo as an OTO... and since it hasn't been presented on air yet... and isn't even listed on the QVC products page yet... well, I think it's a sure thing for one of the Wen OTOs. *s*

The only other photo from Chaz's flyer that hasn't been an OTO yet is the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) Travel Packs, so I think they're a likely candidate for the remaining likely Wen OTO. 

-- bebeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen OTO - better than gallon price!! - 16oz SAM CC, & (8) 2oz Variety CC travel packs - $36.

I agree with you bebe about the OTO's.   The Mandarin Fig travel pack is definitely a possibility for an OTO and I would imagine would be a great price.  The styling products for the new seasonal is always  an OTO from what I can recall. 

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I started using Wen in November and bought the gallons for the first time the following June. A year later I still hadn't finished, but was thinking of getting more. A poster here did a cost breakdown and told us that it wasn't necessarily less expensive to buy the gallons, so I figured it out for my own needs. She was right!

I bought the OTO today. DS has just started using SAM, after complaining about the condition of his hair, and he likes it! I will use the packets for traveling, and I still haven't tried Tea Tree. Must do that sometime! Right now I'm loving CLV! Smiley Happy

beach-mom, lol, that poster may well have been me because I've done several cost breakdowns of Wen gallon prices versus other Wen configurations (i.e. TSVs and special offers). 

If someone specifically wants one single formula, then a Wen gallon may well be the best bargain for them. Otherwise, other configurations may offer better values.

Hi bebe777! It probably was you! Thank you for all of your hard work on this. I'm sure you've saved some of us lots of money. You're right about the gallons being great if someone uses only that one formula. I use more than one, and I love the seasonals. Using them is great for my own morale! Smiley Happy

(Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I couldn't find the post because of these oh-so-easy-to-use new boards! Smiley Wink)

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I started using Wen in November and bought the gallons for the first time the following June. A year later I still hadn't finished, but was thinking of getting more. A poster here did a cost breakdown and told us that it wasn't necessarily less expensive to buy the gallons, so I figured it out for my own needs. She was right!

I bought the OTO today. DS has just started using SAM, after complaining about the condition of his hair, and he likes it! I will use the packets for traveling, and I still haven't tried Tea Tree. Must do that sometime! Right now I'm loving CLV! Smiley Happy

beach-mom, lol, that poster may well have been me because I've done several cost breakdowns of Wen gallon prices versus other Wen configurations (i.e. TSVs and special offers). 

If someone specifically wants one single formula, then a Wen gallon may well be the best bargain for them. Otherwise, other configurations may offer better values.

Hi bebe777! It probably was you! Thank you for all of your hard work on this. I'm sure you've saved some of us lots of money. You're right about the gallons being great if someone uses only that one formula. I use more than one, and I love the seasonals. Using them is great for my own morale! Smiley Happy

(Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I couldn't find the post because of these oh-so-easy-to-use new boards! Smiley Wink)

Hi beach-mom, thank you. I'm glad my cost analysis was helpful. I'm always trying to stretch my Wen dollars as far as they can go, so I tend to do cost breakdowns. And once they're done, I'm happy to share them. I hoped it would help other Wenners stretch their Wen dollars to. Thanks again. -- I know what you mean about these new boards but, at least, we've got our Wen forum back!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Just bought this today great bargain, will be giving the travel packs to a friend to get her started on Wen.  Just wondering how much to use of a pack, how many pumps are 2 ounces.  She has short hair, I am a little lost without the convenient pump to rely on.  thanks for any help

Honored Contributor

@gmd1 wrote:

Just bought this today great bargain, will be giving the travel packs to a friend to get her started on Wen.  Just wondering how much to use of a pack, how many pumps are 2 ounces.  She has short hair, I am a little lost without the convenient pump to rely on.  thanks for any help

@minke welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy 

You picked a great kit to go with. I'm envious because I mainly use the Seasonals, BGT, MIF and 613... otherwise, I would be all over this duo. It's a great value. Smiley Happy

There are 180 pumps in the 16oz bottle, so that comes to 22.5 pumps per 2oz travel pack. If she has a pixie cut, she might be able to get by with 1/2 to 2/3 of a pack. -- Remind her to split the CC between her first cleanse and second cleanse with a little left over for the leave in (1/2 pump should be fine). -- The first cleanse is to get the dirt out and the second cleanse is to condition her hair. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy