WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - ODO (6/4) - (3) 16oz CCs - SAM, TT & LAV - $49.96

[ Edited ]

This WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner 16 oz. Trio ODO, as well as the WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner Trio Auto-Delivery option, is a crazy good value and a great way to try three of the scents in the Classic line. -- Today's ODO price is $49.96 and includes free S&H.

The three scents in today's ODO trio are Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT) and Lavender (LAV). -- All three are wheat-based CCs in Chaz's original Classic line. -- SAM and TT are Universal formulas which means that the are good for all hair types. -- LAV provides extra volume for people who have either thick/coarse hair or a lot of baby fine hair. It doesn't always work for people who don't have a lot of baby fine hair (like me, it makes my hair frizzy and can be drying for my hair). 

In the Cleansing Conditioners in the Classic line thread, other Wenners have shared how the CCs in the Classic line work for them.

Even if only two of these formulas work for you, because of this crazy good price, it's still less than the cost of two Classic CCs. -- If you're new to Wen, or trying to figure out what CCs work best for your hair, then this value kit is a great option.

At the very end of this post, you've find some additional information about the three CCs in today's ODO trio. Smiley Happy

___

The very best Cleansing Conditioner value is Chaz's standard (5) 16oz. CCs for $80, which he's offered at least for the past five years in his December TSV. -- Of course, there's never a guarantee that it will be offered again this September, but Chaz knows that we wait for this December TSV. Last December it was available in Classic, Seasonal and Restorative options.

The 16 oz. Classic CCs sell for $29 at QVC. -- In contrast, in the December TSV they cost $16 each. -- In today's ODO, they are $16.65 each plus free S&H, which makes them of equal value to the December TSV.

I would place your orders asap because they generally only have a limited supply of the Wen ODOs, and some of today's special offers and/or the ODO may not make it to the presentation.

-- bebeSmiley Happy 

___

Free Standard S&H
QVC Price: $61.00     One Day Only Price: $49.96
Available for 3 Easy Payments

___

Free Standard S&H
QVC Price: $61.00     One Day Only Price: $49.96  
Available for 3 Easy Payments

______

Below you'll find some additional information about the Cleansing Conditioners in today's ODO trio. -- This information is from my Wen FAQ - the key Wen links thread (message #4) and some of the information comes from what I've read in this forum as well as from using these formulas myself. -- bebe Smiley Happy

Wen Cleansing Conditioner Formulas Used for Specific Reasons

___

Universals - work well on all types of hair

Sweet Almond MInt (SAM) / Pomegranate (POM) / Tea Tree (TT) -- are all considered Universals (i.e. for everyone) -- SAM, the first CC Chaz created, is sometimes too heavy for baby fine hair.

Most Popular Wen Cleansing Conditioner Formula (in my opinion)

Tea Tree (TT) -- it really helps to keep your scalp healthy, balances oil production, keeps dandruff at bay, and seems to make your hair grow more quickly. Chaz calls it one of the "Universals" which means it works well for all types of hair. Most Wenners on this board (as well as the Wen models & hosts) seem to incorporate it into their routine. Besides its slightly medicinal smell, which most people get used to fairly quickly, I've only read a few complaints about it.

___

Amino Acid Complex & Extra Skin Care Ingredients

613 / Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) / Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) / (rice-based) Fragrance Free (FF) / Wen Men / all the Seasonals -- add Chaz's 11 amino acid complex (to give your hair more protein) and additional skin care ingredients to your hair. 613 is the most concentrated (to quote Chaz: "Wen on steroids"). -- If you already have a healthy head of hair or if you have thick/coarse hair, then use 613 sparingly at first. To a lesser extent, this applies to all the cleansing conditioners which contain the amino acid complex. If you have one of these hair types and you use the amino acid cleansing conditioners too frequently, your hair may start to feel like straw or even get brittle and start to break. Your hair is made of protein. Depending on your hair type, too much protein may not be a good thing. -- Generally it's great for baby fine, damaged hair... like mine. My hair can't get enough of it. -- The Cleansing Cnditioners in the Classic line do not have either the amino acid complex or the extra skin care ingredient in them.

___ 

Clarifying / Astringent

Tea Tree (TT) -- In particular, the tea tree oil helps normalize an oily scalp by rebalancing sebum production (your body's natural oil). Results may take 3-4 months. Also, as an anti-fungal, tea tree oil helps get rid of excessive fungal growth which can cause dandruff.

Note: all of the Wen Cleansing Conditioners are formulated to normalize an oily scalp over time. The balance of ingredients in the Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner just seem to be the most effective.

___ 

Volume

Lavender (LAV) -- for volume, if you have a lot of hair. Probably not the best choice for people with not a lot of baby fine hair. -- Possibly the witch hazel, but more likely the lavender extract, can make it too drying for people with not a lot of baby fine hair. Also, it sometimes increases the frizz factor in hair. -- LAV is the trickiest cleansing conditioner to use. It doesn't work well for a number of people.

Tea Tree (TT) -- maybe for some volume, if you have baby fine hair. TT also works very well for people with not a lot of baby fine hair.

______

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Alert - ODO - (3) 16oz CCs - SAM, TT & LAV - $49.96

Thanks @bebe777! This is another easy pass for me because of the LAV. If it had been any other CC I might have been tempted to get this ODO.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @bebe777 This is a very good deal.  I remember purchasing

a kit like this with different choices way back.  I checked my records and

it was during Sept 2013 for $58.20 plus shipping!  It was for a set of 

TT/SAM/POM which ended costing me $76.36.  Wished that a CA

was in this kit instead of SAM.  

Respected Contributor

Wow!  Thank you for posting all that, bebe!  You're a doll!   It really is a nice set.  Thank you again for the Wen Men recipe too! XXXOOO

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

Thanks @bebe777! This is another easy pass for me because of the LAV. If it had been any other CC I might have been tempted to get this ODO.

@HSB1204@77yangya and @AlohaSun, thank you for your kind words. 

@HSB1204, lol, even though I don't need it I'm still thinking about buying it... though I think my good cents  will win out in the end. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - ODO (6/4) - (3) 16oz CCs - SAM, TT & LAV - $49.96

Great price, especially now since its on AD but its got my dreaded SAM in the kit. My hair frizzes out just looking at it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy I perfectly understand your hair's behavior, @segrl21!  THIS is great price, on A/D with Free Shipping it makes it even so much better!

Valued Contributor

I think this is one I can happily pass on. I still have a few Fall TSV left on A/D that I pushed back and I would rather keep those for the additional products.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 Thank you Bebe.  I'm so tempted by this trio.  I love these scents.  However I am loving the results with the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) so much more.  I still use the tree tea, but only as my first wash.  Do you think there will be an ODO rice based trio soon? Any news from the horsie or BG?

Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@bebe777 Thank you Bebe.  I'm so tempted by this trio.  I love these scents.  However I am loving the results with the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) so much more.  I still use the tree tea, but only as my first wash.  Do you think there will be an ODO rice based trio soon? Any news from the horsie or BG?

Hi @WenDoll10girl, and thank you for the thanks. Smiley Happy

I know what you mean becasue for the past year MIF has become my "go to" first cleanse. 

My first cleanse history: started off with Tea Tree (in December 2010), switched to Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and then switched to MIF when it became available.

I'm glad you asked about this because I've been meaning to share that it sounds as though BGT and MIF gallons will be available again this fall. -- When Chaz persented the BGT and MIF duo below, he mentioned that he had made this duo available so that folks would have time to try them out before the gallons this year. He was talking about the 613 gallons and was a bit vague but it sure sounded like there would be BGT adn MIF gallons this fall.

Based on this, I tend to doubt that there will be any other Restorative CC special values. -- This duo is really just a "good price"... but it really is a good price. 

Here's my suggestion... I think you should start using the MIF for your first cleanse and switch up with BGT (which was better for me than TT but not quite as good as MIF).

What do you use for your second cleanse? 

I have not a lot of porous, baby fine hair. -- My first cleanse is either MIF or the rice-based Fragrance Free (FF). -- My second cleanse is the Seasonnal of the Moment or BGT or Wen Men. -- I use 613 CC for hair rescue. 

I've also found that regular overnight Tea Tree/ Eucalyptus Treatment Oil scalp treatments work even better form my hair than TT CC for my first cleanse... so my TT CC was rotated out several years ago.  Smiley Happy

I'd suggest that you pick up one of these duos now and see how it works for the next several weeks... and while this configuration and special price are still available. -- If you like the results, then pick up enough to take you through to the likely December (5) 16oz CCs for $80... when hopefully you can stock up on the Restorative option. Smiley Happy

As for today's Classic (3) CC ODO...

Unless you also really like the Sweet Almond MInt CC, then I'd let this ODO go. -- The LAV CC is the CC that frustrates the most Wenners. It's the only one that makes my hair dry and frizzy.

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Most Wished For
QVC Price: $49.00     Featured Price: $44.46

___