WEN

Super Contributor

Wen Nourishing Body Treatment scent recommendations

Hi everyone.  I've been using Wen Cleansing Conditioner for about two years now and would like to  try the Nourishing Body Treatment .  There are so many scents that look wonderful and I don't know where to start.  I like light, clean scents that aren't too sweet or strong.  I'm not a big fan of florals, either.  

What scents are your favorites and what scent would you recommend that I try first?  

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Nourishing Body Treatment scent recommendations

@lavenderfields 

If you like light, clean scents, you might like 613 (it's lemon, rosemary, vanilla bean), but very light.  The new Fall Plum Pear is very light, too (at least to my nose).

Some of the other WEN ladies may have additional suggestions, but if it were me, I would definitely start with 613.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@lavenderfields  If you like only light scents I'd steer clear of the seasonals, they were always the strongest scents to me when I used the NIBT.  (I became allergic to the arnica in them and had to stop using them, broke my heart because they are so much better than any other moisturizer I have ever used in my life.)  I, like @SurferWife , would recommend 613, or if you want something with almost no scent at all, 319, which has no added scent elements whatsoever.  I think that Sweet Almond Mint is probably very light, although it was never available when I was using the product, so I haven't personally tried it..  The CC and other products I have in Sweet Almond Mint are very lightly fragranced to me, the lightest scent of any of the classic formulas.  I'd avoid Tea Tree, Fig, Lavender and Pomegranate, but Cucumer Aloe is a very fresh, clean scent, you might like it in the body treatment.  I don't know if the rice cleansers have been translated into body treatment yet, but if they have, I'd suggest Bamboo Green Tea and Fragrance Free there, not Mandarin Italian Fig, which is much stronger.  Anyway, I hope I've been helpful, I am sure you will love the body treatment creams, they are truly superior to every other such product on the market today.

Trusted Contributor

There is a good deal on CC and Body moisturizer in fall scent - maybe try the new plum pear.
A347542
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavenderfields 

Hi! The Nourishing Body Treatment truly is a wonderful product and if you're anything like most of us, will find it to be a mainstay in your moisturizing regime and a bit addictive. 

I'd suggest the 319, 613 and Cucumber Aloe. I do not see Bamboo Green Tea offered. Nor do I recall it being previously available. Somebody please correct me if I am mistaken. I don't see it offered on Chaz's site. This would be a strong recommendation based on your request of a light clean scent. It's a very fresh and clean fragrance. Cucumber Aloe is also very fresh and clean. If you purchase the NBT/oil duo, do note the oil has thyme in it and is different than the scent in all of the other CA products.

For a minimal clean scent, 319 would be my strong suggestion. While there are no added fragrances like the classics or seasonals, the 319 ingredients in and of themselves do have a fresh, clean scent. To me, its softly citrus. Others have mentioned a soft ginger note too. You can't go wrong with this selection and it won't interfere with perfume when used together.

613 is a fan favorite. For me too. I find it to be a warm scent. The vanilla is the top and lasting note on me, yet is very pleasing and unique with the combination of lemon and rosemary, which is vaguely subtle and frankly is not specifically discernable to me at all. Just part of notes that make this a pleasing and very popular fragrance in all of its product categories.

Another consideration is the Bella Spirit NBT.  Perhaps a current user will share her specific  thoughts on the scent for you.

I'd like to also share that I recently received the Fall Ginger Pumpkin NBT. I love this fall seasonal and is the first time using the body cream. It opens up strongly yet didn't take to long to mellow into a very, very soft and subtle scent on me. The same with the Winter Vanilla Mint, this I wish it would be a bit more pronounced after it absorbed. My point being, that for me, is that although the seasonal may be more distinctive, using them can have different results on different people.

The Jan 31 return date provides plenty of time to try the NBT. ♡♡♡

Super Contributor

Regarding the NIBT: I believe I heard Chaz say on social media that starting this visit there will be an awesome deal on 319/613 NIBT - It will be THREE 8 oz jars for right around $70 (I believe in the 60 something range) - sounds like an awesome deal. 

I mostly buy the 319 and add one of his oils for scent. I like the NIBT on its own also.  

Esteemed Contributor

I use the 319 NIBT  and if I feel like some scent, I add a couple drops of one of his oils.

If I were to purchase one of the scented NIBTs, it would be Winter White Forest which has a soft spearmint scent - reminds me of walking in the snow.

Esteemed Contributor

I always purchase the 319 20 oz two times a year when they’re on sale and then add my Wen oils. As others have said 613 is a favorite heavenly scent. In between I’ll purchase a seasonal to mix it up.
Respected Contributor

I am planning on getting the Tuscan Pear....I only have the CC right now but I LOVE IT!!  Friday can't come soon enough so I can order it LOL.

I would like to also try another scent...just not sure which one...613 I will keep in mind since it is a favorite.

What about the others....like Faith?  I did read reviews on many of them just not sure what to pick.  

This is a great topic by the way Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@scullychick wrote:

Regarding the NIBT: I believe I heard Chaz say on social media that starting this visit there will be an awesome deal on 319/613 NIBT - It will be THREE 8 oz jars for right around $70 (I believe in the 60 something range) - sounds like an awesome deal. 

I mostly buy the 319 and add one of his oils for scent. I like the NIBT on its own also.  

Is this deal posted yet on Q?  I didn't see it??