WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Notification Alerts Listing

@sam96 wrote:

Great idea, @bebe777 ! I'm around periodically and would love the notifications 👍

@sam96, lol, your post confused me at first because I just knew that your name was in the notification listing. I'm so glad that I finally updated the listing and put it in alphabetical sequence, because when I looked under the "S" listings your name wasn't there.

For the moment, I've added your name to post #20 which is for the interim names to be added:  

Names -- additional names to be incorporated into the listing alphabetically

Having set up the Notification Alerts Listing, now I'm trying to limit the number of repetitive notifications that people on the list receive... because that can sort of defeats the purpose of the notifications function. I don't mind getting lots of notifications -- I just quickly skim through them -- but I realize that it can be frustrating for a lot of people.

Once there are close to 20 name listings in post #20, then I'll incorporate those names into the full alphabetical listing. -- This will limit the number of extra notifications that people in the alphabetical listings will receive (I'm shooting for one "names updates" notification, or less, per month).

While your name is in post #20, you'll probably receive around five more update notifications as I add more new names. Once I switch your name over to the full alphabetical listing, you'll probably receive about one notification per month (or less). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@bebe777...I fixed myself! 👍

@SurferWife, lol, thanks for making the revision in your name. I know that you're always on the hunt for gret Wen values and now there won't be any glitches with your new name. Smiley Happy

For the moment, I've added your name to post #20 which is for the interim names to be added:  

Having set up the Notification Alerts Listing, now I'm trying to limit the number of repetitive notifications that people on the list receive... because that can sort of defeats the purpose of the notifications function. I don't mind getting lots of notifications -- I just quickly skim through them -- but I realize that it can be frustrating for a lot of people.

Once there are close to 20 name listings in post #20, then I'll incorporate those names into the full alphabetical listing. -- This will limit the number of extra nottifications that people in the alphabetical listings will receive (I'm shooting for one "names updates" notification, or less, per month). 

While your name is in post #20, you'll probably receive around five more update notifications as I add more new names. Once I switch your name over to the full alphabetical listing, you'll probably receive about one notification per month (or less). 

Additionally, when I do the next full update -- probably at the beginning of December (just before the December 5th Wen TSV) -- I'll also remove your old name (Surfer Wife) from post #18 which is for the names that are two words or more (and which don't always work for sending notifications).

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Thanks, @bebe777@. I would like to opt out. Whenever anyone edits a post with someone's @ForumName in it, the person gets alerts for each edit. Sometimes I get 5 alerts on a post someone's edited 5 times in 30 minutes. When someone has a big post that gets updated often, it also sends alerts out, so I get alerts whenever something is changed on old posts with my name in them.

I got 3 alerts on the post that only contains C names, for example, because it alerts everyone in the post whenever you add a new name.

It amounts to causing alert fatigue and sort of defeats the purpose of an alert for me.

@ChynnaBlue, I understand completely. Smiley Happy You are always so helpful on the forums and I'm sure that you receive a lot of notifications (I've figured out a way to sort through them pretty quickly, but I can appreciate your perspective). Thank you also for the kind and thoughtful way that you asked about this. Smiley Happy

Now that the Wen Notification Alerts Listing is set up, I only plan on updating the full names listing once a month (so that people aren't receiving a lot of notifications). 

in the interim, I've added your request to post #20 which is where I put new names to be added as well as requests, such as yours, to be removed from the list: 

___

Names -- names to be deleted when I do my next update (per their request): 

ChynnaBlue

___

Your name will be deleted at the beginning of December (just before the Wen TSV), but you shouldn't receive any other notifications from this thread before then. 

That said, since I'm guessing that Chaz is likely to have an OTO for his current vist, would you like to receive a notification if there is an OTO? If not, then I'll simply delete your name when I send out the OTO notifications. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thank you @bebe777, please keep me on the list.

We are going out of town this weekend, and I am pretty sure the hotel won't have QVC as a channel offering.  We will be out and about most of the day Saturday, but I can check in Sat. Evening (probably late, hope I do not miss anything, I need MORE WEN!) Now if I could just get emails letting me know of the notifications.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@GingerPeach @Teesa @YorkieMom3

_____

_____

Thank you, @bebe777 .  

You're a peach (summer honey peach, to be exact)!                                                                    

@GingerPeach

Hey, fellow animal lover!  Such a kind person!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

so Team WEN will be here this weekend--whoo hoo!  Anyone have any ideas on new offerings?  Maybe the new  perfume SAM?  Too soon for winter seasonals now?  Never thought I'd say it, but I think I'm ready to move on from SHP for now.......Hoping to try out WCM or WWC. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Bebe! You are awesomeSmiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

This is wonderful!  Thank you so much for doing this for usSmiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

@bebe777, THANK YOU so much for this thread & for including me on the list! I was so excited to read about the new fragrance - sounds like I'll love it! I've been reveling in my FTP EDP & now I'm officially a WEN fragrance addict!! But, of course I'll be slaving away in the restaurant all weekend & will miss the shows, so your notification will be very much appreciated!! Thanks again & love to you & all the Wenners! ❤❤❤
Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 - THANK YOU for remembering to include me - Riley1