WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen News - What's Exciting & New (a monthly update)

[ Edited ]

____ 

I've decided to try something new... so let's see how it goes. Smiley Happy

Chaz and wendooters are always giving us little tidbits of advance information, and Wenners are great about bringing it right back here and sharing it with everyone in just about a nano second later, soooo... 

I'm going to try to keep track of it in this monthly update. At least, lol, I'm going to give it a good try. 

I'll put the new information together and post it here at the beginning of each month. I've marked the posts (for the months in the rest of the year) on the first page so that people can read through them easily. So I've reserved the first page of this thread for my posts. 

The brand new Wen News - September News Update is in message #5 of this thread. Please note that each message in this thread is very long becasue there's always a lot of new Wenformation to share. -- Additionally, message #9 has brand new info that will be added to the monthly update later. Smiley Happy

Feel free to post anything you'd like to on this thread. lol, this is an idea in progress. Smiley Happy 

Any new Wen info tidbits are always welcome (and really encouraged), because this will make it easier for me to add the information to upcoming Wen News updates. Just feel free to post whatever information you come across in whatever way you want to do it. A quick cut and paste is just fine. lol, it doesn't need to look "pretty"... I'll Wen it up later. Smiley Wink Thanks!! Smiley Happy

POST #9 -- latest Wenformation available that we found out about after the September Wen News Update came out.

New Wenners... 

In the message following this one (i.e. message #2) I've included some general Wenformation which I hope will be helpful. The folks in the Wen forum are great, so please feel free to join in the conversation. Smiley Happy

Enjoy!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

last update: August 2nd 

___ 

Wen Quick Links ---- QVC WEN forum --- Wen 101 --- Wen FAQ - the key Wen links -- Wen Calendar -- Wen News - What's  Exciting & New -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -Chaz's latest video streams on periscope --- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? ---- Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired? -- no new Seasonals this year ---- priming dry hair with Wen Cleansing Conditioner -- I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! -- Benefits of Oils -- What is your Most Favorite Wen Oil? -- Women of Color WEN Users ---- Wen groups on facebook  -- wendooters -- straight from the horse's mouth...  -- Wenner's fur babies -- Rescue pup got a Wen bath ---- Wen OTOs still available at great prices --  Super Saturday Live! - some products still available  ---- Wen MEN's styling products for this fall -- 319 fragrance-free launches on Sept 5th -- BGT & MIF gallons for September -- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 ---- September Insider is up - TSV "officially" available --  Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC - scents: Classic line -- 9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash -Cleansing Conditioners -- Treatment Oils -Benefits of Oils -Most Favorite Wen Oil -- Styling Creme -- Replenishing Treatment Mist -- if you're new to Wen, before Sept. 5th TSV try the 6 Classic Conditioners value kit -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th ---- 2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees - Vote for Your Faves -- QVC Wen Nominees: Cleansing Conditioner, Treatment Oil, Remoist, & Body Cleansing Creme ---September Chat 2015 ---- (last update: September 1st)  

___

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen News - What's Exciting & New (a monthly update)

[ Edited ]

____  

Welcome New Wenners!! 

This is a really fun place to hang out, ask any questions, learn more about Wen, and share the latest inside info. -- The Wen Abbreviations Glossary and number of pumps are useful (though the info about pumps for the 32oz. bottle size needs to be updated).

In this first message, I've tried to include a number of key links to topics that may be of interest to you. The Wen FAQ - the key Wen links thread offers streamlined links to a variety of Wen information, while the Wen 101 thread offers more comprehensive information (start with the Wen FAQ though, it's easier to navigate). 

We also use the monthly chat thread (WEN - September Chat 2015) for "live" chats during Chaz's and Gina's Wen shows on QVC. Feel free to join in these Wen show chats. It's a great way to get to know fellow Wenners and it's a lot of fun. 

Two extremely popular thread to have a look through are Hilary's What Cleanser Did You Use Today? thread as well as MissKlynn's What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? thread. Both threads have ongoing discussions about the Wen products people are using and how they're using these products. Especially for new Wenners, just reading these threads daily will give you a better handle on the best ways for you to use your Wen products. If you're really zealous, of course, you can read the whole thread! But, for most people, just reading the latest entries are enough.

Hilary's great Benefits of Oils and I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! threads provide a lot of information about how to incorporate the oils into your Wen hair care routine. -- And DrCEB's Any Women of Color WEN Users Out There? thread is a great information source. A lot on Wenners find their hair really benefits from using the Wen oils. 

The Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits are a great way to try out Wen and the Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 provides information on the year round TSV schedule.

You can always call Chaz's salon at 323-467-6444 for any questions you have about your Wen products. Chaz Dean Salon customer info & links listed in QVC broadcasts. has additional links to the websites where you can follow Chaz on social media. He even has a special wendooters horse who helps us out from time to time. He's a whiz at using Siri on his iPad. There's a rumor that he can be bribed with peppermints and carrots!!

A lot of Wenners have their own animal friends and the Wenner's share about your fur babies ( feathered, finned and scaled too) thread -- in which Wenners have shared stories and photos -- is wonderful to read. And jaxs mom has a very special Rescue pup got a Wen bath thread for Mimi who is sooooo adorable!! Mimi's just gotten a brand new carrier bag!!

Foe the past two months, Chaz has been streaming video on Periscope (a division of Twitter) -- In message #2 of this Periscope thread, Beautoxica gives a great explanation of how to follow Chaz on Periscope. Follow him on Periscope to get the latest info on everything new in Wen (new products, new unscented line, new fragrance, etc.)... and then please share this info with the rest of us (Spoke to Chaz on periscope). Smiley Happy

Periodically I'll include the Key Wen links listing (see below) as a footer when I'm posting. These are just links to threads that I think Wenners -- especially new Wenners --might find helpful and I update them regularly. I've bolded the ones I think are the most useful. 

Enjoy your time in the Wen forum!! Smiley Happy We're a friendly bunch of people with great Wen hair: great hair days just make everything feel better!! Smiley Wink Please join in the fun!!! Smiley Happy

Additionally, the Wen FAQ and Wen 101 threads have a lot of general information about Wen. -- The Wen FAQ is shorter and more streamlined, while Wen 101 is more comprehensive but takes more time to look through.

Have a wenderful day!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - the key Wen links - Wen 101 - WEN (QVC Wen forum) 

___ 

Wen Quick Links ---- QVC WEN forum --- Wen 101 --- Wen FAQ - the key Wen links -- Wen Calendar -- Wen News - What's  Exciting & New -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -Chaz's latest video streams on periscope --- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? ---- Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired? -- no new Seasonals this year ---- priming dry hair with Wen Cleansing Conditioner -- I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! -- Benefits of Oils -- What is your Most Favorite Wen Oil? -- Women of Color WEN Users ---- Wen groups on facebook  -- wendooters -- straight from the horse's mouth...  -- Wenner's fur babies -- Rescue pup got a Wen bath ---- Wen OTOs still available at great prices --  Super Saturday Live! - some products still available  ---- Wen MEN's styling products for this fall -- 319 fragrance-free launches on Sept 5th -- BGT & MIF gallons for September -- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 ---- September Insider is up - TSV "officially" available --  Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC - scents: Classic line -- 9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash -Cleansing Conditioners -- Treatment Oils -Benefits of Oils -Most Favorite Wen Oil -- Styling Creme -- Replenishing Treatment Mist -- if you're new to Wen, before Sept. 5th TSV try the 6 Classic Conditioners value kit -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th ---- 2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees - Vote for Your Faves -- QVC Wen Nominees: Cleansing Conditioner, Treatment Oil, Remoist, & Body Cleansing Creme ---September Chat 2015 ---- (last update: September 1st)  

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- JULY 2015 UPDATE

Hi everyone!! I hope you all are having a wenderful summer!! Smiley Happy 

Chaz really pulled out all the stops for June Wen Gallons month. I don't thinks I've ever seen Chaz offer so many crazy good One Time Only (OTO) Wen values!!! Thanks Chaz, you're always trying to give Wenners the very best values!!!

wendooters deserves a big Andes mints bushel & WVM gallons of thanks. His steadfasted sleuthing gave us all sorts of advance info on these great Wen OTOs. He even took time off from his birthday festivities to help us all out. Happy Birthday, Wen Dooters!!!

--

If you missed the Wen OTOs, a number of the Wen OTOs are still available at great prices!! That said, if you are interested in purchasing them, then you may want to make your purchasing decisions soon. Frequently they are only available for a short time after Chaz's visit. 

The June 2015 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread gives a day by day account of how many gallons were sold. And the Wen Gallons - LIMITED thread gives a quick view of individual gallon countdowns for the last few days of June. -- At the end of the month at least 117,00 gallons were sold (probably more) and, among the Adult formulas, only the Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) Seasonal was still available.

--

Even Chaz doesn't seem to know the answer to the question: will Wen Seasonal Gallons be offered next year? -- In one of his June 29th shows (at around 6:30pm) Chaz said: ... if the Seasonals [gallons] come back, I honestly don't know. Considering all of the Seasonals except for FGP sold out, clearly Wenners want their Seasonal gallons. I'm guessing that Chaz have to convince the Q that Seasonal gallons are popular products. 

--  

Chaz said that he would not have another Wen show QVC until September 5th, and that he would not be back until September 1st (probably for pre-show set up). So I'm guessing that the Wen Fall TSV will probably be on saturday, September 5. -- During July and August, Gina will be doing the Wen segments.

______

______ 

A very special thank you goes out to Hilary, aprimo, Happy Daze, Kjelle, ChynnaBlue, jaxs mom, Drythe, Susan25, ANewHue, sam96, DoxieMomma, FleaMktQn, BackwoodsBarbie,  vermint, Arianny, sailor moon, rosiegirl2, AlleyCat, Jen44, HSB1204, ValentinaBon, sonechko, Barbara In Virginia (from the Linea Forum), quadmini, CaitlinH, QVCBeautyLover, simollie, LAMS, hecate and everyone else who helped convince QVC to give us our own WEN QVC Wen forum: We have a Wen subforum now! -- I also want to give a special shout out to all the Linea Ladies (Louis Dell Olio), including Barbara in Virginia, who spearheaded the drive for sub forums. They really pulled out all the stops and made QVC take notice. -- Apologies to anyone whom I've missed thanking. That forum changeover was so confusing that it's now (thankfully) a fading memory.

______ 

______

There's been a lot of new Wenformation discussed this past June. Below I've included some of the topics that seemed of particular interest: 

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen tonight (and throughout this TV season) on Bravo's Flipping Out

-- from Chaz's facebook page: 

We are back on Season 8 of Bravo's 
Flipping Out tonight..
https://www.facebook.com/FlippingOut/videos/10155716040015481/

Chaz has been streaming video on Periscope (which is a division of Twitter) -- In message #2 of this thread, Beautoxica gives a great explanation of how to follow Chaz on Periscope. Follow him on Periscope to get the latest info on everthing new in Wen (new products, new unscented line, new fragrance, etc.)

No new Seasonals this year -- Chaz is adding more new products this year, so he will not be introducing any new Seasonals this year and some of the Seasonals will be retired. "He needs to decide which seasonals to retire and that's why he brought back the past seasonals." (info courtesy of kricket 3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28) -- While I'm not sure of what the specifics of this retirement means, generally speaking, I'm guessing that going forward less popular Seasonals will not be offered. Thanks to Kitkat21 (who Spoke to Chaz on periscope) we know that the fall scents will be returning this September. -- From what I've read on the Wen board, the Fall Apple Spice CC was less popular than other CCs. Some of the comments were too spicy, smelled more like maple syrup than apple spice, fragrance was too strong and scent remained in hair after cleansing. Personally, I loved the scent which I thought smelled like mulled apple cider (try a FAS/FGP/WCM mix for a wonderful holiday scent). This is just my observation, but if FAS is one of your favorites, then you might want to stock up on it this fall.

Wen fragrance free line -- Chaz is finally introducing a fragrance free line which will be called 319 in honor of his father: March 19th is his father's birthday. Yay!! (info courtesy of kricket3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28)

Wen Men styling products will be launched this fall. (info courtesy of kricket3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28)

* Fall Tuscan Pear will be the next EDT (according to Chaz via Periscope -- thanks to QVCBeautyLover, VaBelle35, Doherty & Hilary for this info) 

Availability of the three Summer Seasonals -- currently only Summer Honey Peach (SHP) is available in the 32oz Cleansing Conditioner (CC) size. According to Dooters and bruingirl, Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) and Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) will be available again later this summer when Gina host Wen segments on QVC. -- All three summer Seasonals are currently available in the 16oz. CC size. -- Based on the Can anyone recommend a CC that performs like SHP? thread, SHP looks to be really popular.

SixThirteen (613) gallons -- for the past two years, Chaz has made the 613 gallons available in the middle of September about two weeks after his annual Fall Wen TSV. Last year, they were available through the end of October. Then, in mid November, Chaz made them available again through the end of November. Chaz has said that they would be offered again this fall.

Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) & Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) gallons -- Last June Chaz mentioned that BGT gallons would be available in Fall 2013. Of course, that was quite a while ago, so his timetable may have changed. That said, my guess is that BGT gallon offering will coincide with the 613 gallons availability. Thanks to Kitkat21 (who Spoke to Chaz on periscope) we know that Chaz is also trying to have the Mandarin Italian Fig gallons included in this offering.

Chaz will be opening up a salon in NYC  (according to Chaz via Periscope) -- per Suz585By flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon". Thanks to  hockeymom5, Suz585, Riley1, and QVCBeautyLover for sharing this info. -- Also, in message #10 of this thread, ChynnaBlue haas included a link to a video of Chaz's famous "air perm"!!

--  

And just for fun...

* Just what does your Wen Stash look like? There are photos!!!

* Wenners have been pondering the Frankenbottle Question question. Just what do you do when you get to the bottom of the Wen CC bottle and the pump doesn't work?

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen tonight (and throughout this TV season) on Bravo's Flipping Out. Yeah, I did list it twice... just for fun -- from Chaz's facebook page: 

We are back on Season 8 of Bravo's 
Flipping Out tonight..
https://www.facebook.com/FlippingOut/videos/10155716040015481/

--

FYI, these links (and a whole lot more) are in the Wen FAQ and Wen 101 threads listed below.

Have a wenderful July everyone!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - QVC WEN forum July Chat (2015) -

last update: July 1st

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- AUGUST 2015 UPDATE 

Hi everyone!! I hope you all enjoying the lazy, hazy wenderful summer daze!! Smiley Happy 

Suz585 has started the Wen August Chat 2015 thread, so be sure to stop by and chat with everyone!!! Everyone's welcome to join in: the more, the merrier!!! Smiley Happy

I can't believe that it's been a month since Chaz's last June Gallons Month show. I've been enjoying my latest Wen purchases and I really appreciate the specially priced kits that Chaz put together for us. In case you missed the June Wen OTO great value kits, a number of the Wen OTOs are still available at great prices!! 

Based on the great Wen value TSVs, OTOs, and special kits he's offered to us, Chaz clearly takes the time to listen to his customers. And I really appreciate that. -- I'm really glad that our favorite horsey, wendooters, recently made Chaz's perspective crystal clear: straight from the horse's mouth... 

Thank you Chaz, you're always trying to give Wenners the very best values!!!

And speaking of great values, the upcoming Wen TSV for September 5th is going to be great!!! We don't have all of the details yet but between Chaz's tidbits (filmed by bruingirl) on periscope, and wendooters (on his iPad, via Siri)... well, we've nailed down most of the TSV details. Thanks, in particular, to Kitkat21 who spotted the first TSV tidbits and shared them in the Wen TSV for September 5th thread. And thanks to sonechko (#7 & #9), Drythe (#15) and our filmographer, brunigirl (#41), who all added more key info to the TSV thread (apologies if I've forgotten anyone). So, here's what we know right now:

____

The Wen TSV for September 5th is a great value. Essentially, if you've using either the 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner or the 4oz. Treatment Oil, then you're getting the other three Wen products for $5-$10. 

* The TSV will include these four products: 

a)  32oz. Cleansing Conditioner -- regular price $49.50

b)  4oz. Treatment Oil -- regular price $54.50

c)  12oz. Replenishing Treatment MIst  -- regular price $27.00, or $40 on the very few occasions it's been available in the 12oz. size (the "supersize" that Chaz said Wenners have been asking for)

d)  6oz. Styling Creme -- regular price $24.00

* TSV price -- $59 

* From what Chaz has said on periscope, it sounds as though it will be available in all of the Classic (Core) scents: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA), and Pomegranate (POM). -- Someone asked if the TSV would be available in TT, POM and LAV. Chaz replied by saying that it would even be available in CA because some people really wanted the CA option. He said there wasn't much CA, so be sure to order it early. -- My sense is that if CA is being included in the mix, then all the other Classic CCs will also be offered and that probably this TSV will be exclusively for the Wen Classics line. 

• If you have trouble keeping all these abbreviations straight just check out the Wen Abbreviations Glossary. -- Additionally, the Wen 101 thread (message #3) outlines the various Wen Cleansing Conditioner lines.

__ 

In the Wen TSV for September 5th thread (message #2), Kitkat21 mentioned that Chaz expected the Wen TSV to be listed in the September 2015 issue of the Insider (InsideQ magazine) which should come out around August 15th. 

Generally the Insider lists the Wen TSV advance purchase order number, so that we can order the TSV in advance. Unfortunately, QVC does not allow us to post this advance order number in the forums. -- For the past few years, QVC had closed the InsideQ membership to new members (no one understood why). But recently, QVC seems to have reopened this membership option. -- Read message #27 of the Hint for upcoming Sept TSV thread for information on how to join (thanks Jen44). -- So make sure you join now, because the August 15th is just two weeks away (it's free to join). 

____

But we won't even have to wait that long for a brand new Wen kit! Jen44 shared that there are 8/15 Wen shows with GIna in which she will be presenting a new Summer Coconut Lime Verbena kit(16oz. Cleansing Conditioner & 6oz. Replenishing Treatment Mist). -- 8/15 segment 9pm-midn, 8/16 segment at 3am & one-hour show.

____ 

Chaz's QVC schedule for later in September and early October

On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that... 

* He'll be back somewhere between September 17th and 19th ("on September 17th, or 18th, or 19th."). -- Perhaps this is when the 613 and/or the Bamboo Green Tea & Mandarin Italian Fig gallons will be offered. 

* He thinks he'll be back on QVC in mid-October.

____

Via periscope, Chaz shared that there would be no new Seasonals this year (September 2015 - August 2016). While all of the Seasonals (past and present) will be available for this upcoming year (during their respective seasons), next year some of the Seasonals will be retired (Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?).

On July 25th, QVC had their annual ovarian cancer charity event, Super Saturday Live! (some products are still available), and Chaz's Wen Super Saturday Offer was a Set of three 16 oz CCs (WEN Cleansing Conditioner Trio). The trio included the Spring Green Tea Gardenia, Fall Apple Spice, and Winter Cranberry MInt -- all three were Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners. I think that Chaz was giving us a final opportunity to try these Seasonals. If they continue to be the least popular Seasonals over this upcoming year, probably they will be retired. -- In order to bring out brand new Seasonals a year from now, some of the current Seasonals will have to go back into the Wen Vault.

____ 

Speaking of periscope...

Chaz has been streaming video on Periscope (a division of Twitter) -- In message #2 of this thread, Beautoxica gives a great explanation of how to follow Chaz on Periscope. Follow him on Periscope to get the latest info on everything new in Wen (new products, new unscented line, new fragrance, etc.)... and then please share this info with the rest of us (Spoke to Chaz on periscope). Smiley Happy

____  

There's been a lot of new Wenformation discussed this past July. Below I've included some of the topics that seemed of particular interest: 

Summer Seasonal Scents: New Debut & Two Encores are only available through August 31st (or until they sell out).

* 319 fragrance-free launches on Sept 5th

Bamboo Green Tea & Mandarin Italian Fig gallons are likely to be available for September -- wendooters says the chances are good!! -- On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that he would be back on QVC sometime between September 17th and 19th. Maybe to launch the gallons? added 8/14 - 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th 

SixThirteen (613) gallons -- for the past two years, Chaz has made the 613 gallons available in the middle of September about two weeks after his annual Fall Wen TSV. Last year, they were available through the end of October. Then, in mid November, Chaz made them available again through the end of November. Chaz has said that they would be offered again this fall.-- On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that he would be back on QVC sometime between September 17th and 19th. Maybe to launch the gallons?

Wen MEN's styling products for this fall -- Wen MEN Treatment Oil is has just been added to Chaz's site -- added 8/14: Wen MEN Styling Creme is being used in Chaz's salon.

* Fall Tuscan Pear will be the next Eau De Toilette (according to Chaz via Periscope -- thanks to QVCBeautyLover, VaBelle35, Doherty & Hilary for this info)

* Via periscope, At Chaz's party this past weekend, Chaz confirmed that he had purchased a location for his NYC salon and bruingirl cornfirmed (in Wen August Chat 2015) that the salon will be in Manhattan. -- per Suz585 (in Chaz will be opening up a salon in NYC)By flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon". -- added on 8/4

____

And just for fun...

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen this season on Bravo's Flipping Out

in bed with Jack  -- to get BackwoodsBarbie's attention (pillow fight, anyone?) Smiley Wink

Wen Henleys (613 and SHP) on Chaz' website (from Wen Dooters) 

* Wenners have been pondering the Frankenbottle Question and the Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....  Just what do you do when you get to the bottom of the Wen CC bottle and the pump doesn't work?

____

A very special thank you goes out to the QVC Moderator Team for doing their very best to answer all our questions and help us work through the challenges of this new forum format. -- In particular, I'd like to thank Brittany, Kenal, and Beth!! Smiley Happy 

____

Welcome new Wenners!!! 

Enjoy your time in the Wen forum!! Smiley Happy We're a friendly bunch of people with great Wen hair: great hair days just make everything feel better!! Smiley Wink Please join in the fun!!! Smiley Happy

In the second message of this thread, you'll find more general information about all things Wen.

Additionally, the Wen FAQ and Wen 101 threads have a lot of general information about Wen. -- The Wen FAQ is shorter and more streamlined, while Wen 101 is more comprehensive but takes more time to look through.

Have a wenderful August everyone!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - QVC WEN forum August Chat 2015  -  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATE 

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying these wenderful lazy, hazy summer days... but before we move on to the wenderful world of what's new with Wen, please take a moment to Vote For Your Favorite WEN Products

2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees - Vote for Your Faves -- QVC Wen Nominees: Cleansing Conditioner, Treatment Oil, Remoist, Body Cleansing Creme & Wen on Socia... - voting ends September 12th

~ Vote For Your Favorite WEN Products ~

Next saturday the excitement really begins when Chaz presents his super duper Wen Sept 5th TSV!!! And you have less than a week to put together your Wen purchasing plan!! Smiley Happy Chaz has really outdone himself this time with this exceptional Wen value for very popular Wen products. 

Thank you, Chaz, for caring so much and always making sure that we get the very best values!!! Smiley Happy 

Additionally -- thanks to wendooters and his trusty iPad -- we know that there are going to be a lot of special product values, as well as some exciting new product launches on September 5th. Courtesy of bruingirl, we now have the 9/5 wen schedule per Dooters Thanks so much, Dooters!!! We appreciate all your hints and help!! Smiley Happy

Chaz is going to be on air for about 12 hours that day, so there should be a lot of great Wen products to choose from. Decisions, decisions...

Between what Dooters has shared, as well as Chaz's periscope videos, the Wen Calendar gives you an idea of some of the new products to look out for in the coming months.

____

WEN SEPTEMBER 5th TSV

The Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz. CC, 4oz. Oil, 12oz. RTM, & 6oz. SC - scents: Classic line is a great value. Essentially, if you've using either the 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner or the 4oz. Treatment Oil, then you're getting the other three Wen products for $10-$15. 

* The TSV will include these four products: 

a)  32oz. Cleansing Conditioner -- regular price $49.50

b)  4oz. Treatment Oil -- regular price $54.50

c)  12oz. Replenishing Treatment MIst  -- regular price $27.00, or $40 on the very few occasions it's been available in the 12oz. size (the "supersize" that Chaz said Wenners have been asking for)

d)  6oz. Styling Creme -- regular price $24.00

* TSV price -- $64.96 

* The TSV will be available in all of the Classic (Core) scents: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA), and Pomegranate (POM). 

Note: more information on the individual products in the TSV are available in these threads: Cleansing Conditioners -- Treatment Oils -- Benefits of Oils -- Most Favorite Wen Oil -- Styling Creme -- Replenishing Treatment Mist -

If you have trouble keeping all these abbreviations straight just check out the Wen Abbreviations Glossary. -- Additionally, the Wen 101 thread (message #3) outlines the various Wen Cleansing Conditioner lines.

____

Chaz's QVC schedule for September and early October

Wen Shows on September 5th (all times are ET) -- Fall TSV -- midnight-2am -- 3-4am -- 7-8am -- 2-4pm -- 7-9pm -- 10pm-midnight ---- Wen segments in shows: 8-10am (AM Style) -- 10am-2pm (Saturday Morning Q)  

Wen Shows on September 19th (all times are ET) -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons -- 1-3am -- 3-5pm -- 9-11pm --- there are likely to be Wen segments in beauty shows as well -- and probably on Sept 18th in Friday Night Beauty (11pm-midnight) 

On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that he thinks he'll be back on QVC in mid-October.

____

SEASONALS 

* Fall Scents: Three Faves Return are only available through November 30th (or until they sell out). -- Seasonals - no additional new styling products

no new Seasonals this year (September 2015 - August 2016). While all of the Seasonals (past and present) will be available for this upcoming year (during their respective seasons), next year some of the Seasonals will be retired (Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?). -- The general feeling is that Spring Green Tea Gardenia, Fall Apple Spice, and Winter Cranberry MInt are most likely to be retired starting in fall 2016.

____  

GALLONS 

613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th -- the 613 gallon is currently available for individual purchase (but not the expected auto delivery option). If you want the expected A/D option, then you should probably hold off on placing your order because I'm not sure if you would be able to switch it over to the expected A/D option later. -- Order your gallons early!!

____

FRAGRANCES 

SixThirteen Eau de Parfum (EDP) -- 613 Eau de Parfum -- available 9/5

Seasonal fragrances -- Fall Tuscan Pear fragrance available in mid-September -- more Eau de Parfum (WWC) & fragrance -- Spring Honey Lilac fragrance in spring

____

BRAND NEW WEN PRODUCTS 

8 oz ReMoist

Replenishing Treatment Mist Home & Away Duo 

613 Treatment Mist Super-size Duo (RTM)

____ 

AVAILABLE ON SEPTEMBER 5th

319 fragrance-free launches on Sept 5th --- 319 Ultra Nourishing Body Treatment will be the first product available in the new 319 product line and will be the fragrance free version of 613 NBT.

SixThirteen Eau de Parfum (EDP) -- 613 Eau de Parfum

Tea Tree & Fig mousse avail 9/5

____ 

NEW WENFORMATION 

There's been a lot of new Wenformation discussed this past August. Below I've included some of the topics that seemed of particular interest: 

Wen Calendar -- gives you an idea of some of the new products to look out for in the coming months

Chaz's NYC flagship store & blow out bar in Greenwich Village

Wen MEN's styling products for this fall -- updated on 9/4 -- Wen MEN Treatment Oil will be available at QVC on Sept. 5th. -- Wen MEN Styling Creme is being used in Chaz's salon. A test version of Wen Men Mousse is being used in Chaz's salon.

Wen OTOs are still available at great prices

____

And just for fun... 

Wen Henleys (613 and SHP) on Chaz' website (from Wen Dooters) 

* Wenners have been pondering the Frankenbottle Question and the Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....  Just what do you do when you get to the bottom of the Wen CC bottle and the pump doesn't work?

____

Welcome new Wenners!!! 

In the second message of this thread, you'll find more general information about all things Wen.

Have a wenderful September everyone!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - Wen Calendar Wen News - periscope September Chat 2015 Wen Abbreviations Glossary

last update: September 1st

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- OCTOBER 2015 UPDATE

____ 

* held for October update *

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- NOVEMBER 2015 UPDATE

____ 

* held for November update *

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- DECEMBER 2015 UPDATE

____ 

* held for December update *

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN NEWS -- BRAND NEW 

Below you'll find brand new Wen information which I'll be adding to the Wen News update... 

____ 

I was listening to another one of Chaz's periscope videos from August 14th (Time for Faith...). One of his assistants at his salon was filming him and letting his know what people were asking on periscope. Chaz was cutting/styling clients hair while he was talking and answering questions. 

-- 

Someone asked him a question and Chaz replied (btw, I heard this quite clearly): 

319 is 613 fragrance free.

I'm wondering if that means the 319 line of products will be "Wen on steroids" (like 613) but in a fragrance free version? 

If that's the case then, like the 613 line, 319 will have have the concentrated amino acid complex in it's ingredients listing.

_______ 

_______ 

* Nourishing Body Treatment travel squeeze tube -- Information courtesy of Suz585 (on 8/31, in message #4) -- I do know he will be offering 6/13 travel size, a squeeze tube (I believe), which we saw back in June via Periscope when he did meet the press. Again, I don't know when, but it upcoming. Yay!

_______

_______

From bruingirl on 9/1 in the 8 oz ReMoist thread (post #51)...

I believe going forward the 8oz remoist will be offered twice per year Smiley Very Happy

_______

_______

From Kjelle on 9/2 in the Seasonals - no additional new styling products thread (message #8)...

After work, I got a chance to listen to the stream Sweetness myself.definitely no ancillaries that weren't previously produced AND he said that meant Summer 16 would be the only season with 2 formulas that had SC & mousse. He said all the formulas would have CC, oil and RTM. He said he fought hard for all of this. I would think this means that they just haven't posted the ancillaries yet. So if my interpretation is correct then I would definitely retract my earlier statement of disappointment in the Q's decision-making. 😬

_______

_______ 

From the Wen MEN's styling products for this fall thread (my post on 9/3): 

-- 

The WEN by Chaz Dean Men's Conditioner (A264342) has been available for a while now. 

* 8/15 update -- In Chaz's It's all in the process periscope video, one of Chaz's assistants mentioned that he was using Wen MEN styling creme on a male client's hair. So Wen Men Styling Creme is being used in Chaz's salon (it is probably a test version)

* 9/3 update -- In Chaz's Sexiness is happening... periscope video,. one of Chaz's assistants showed a test version of Wen Men Mousse and said that it's not available yet. This is what I could read on the bottle: 

--- Men's Treatment Mousse GIV3502-25 

--- FORM# 90490-04 

--- then some tiny writing I couldn't read, and it ended with "test sample"

____

Based on what I've seen in the past, I think this is the pattern Chaz has usually followed:

* the Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM) and the Styling Creme (SC) are generally among the first styling products offered

* the mousse will be added maybe 3-6 months down the road 

* at some point, the Remoist will probably be added to the line

* and, eventually, I think a Volumizing Treatment Spray (VTS) is likely to be added

lol, or he could surprise us and launch the whole line at one time. That would be great!!!

_______

_______

September 4th -- I just started listening to Chaz's It's a diamond anniversary periscope video (Dec TSV tease - fragrance free rice protein is in the TSV):

Chaz Dean ‏@ChazDean
LIVE on #Periscope: It's a diamond anniversary 💎💎💎this is where the magic happens💎💎💎 https://www.periscope.tv/w/aLioHDMzMDQyOHwxTW54blJ2bXlPeXhPLlTirGXuY4-58IhXz9MVB0XBbosVJMQhTM-zVwrcL...

About 7-8 minutes into the video he mentioned something about "fragrance free rice protein" being in the upcoming December TSV. 

Chaz was cutting one of the Wen model's hair and he asked her if she liked the product (very vague): 

Chaz -- It's on order. It's for what's coming up in December for TSV. Fragrance free rice protein. 

Chaz's assistant -- Can I show the label? 

Chaz -- No, no, don't. I just realized... no don't... be good.

The conversation was about 7-8 minutes into the video. Chaz's assistant was talking about figure skaters, miniature ponies, and dog & pet shows. I looked at the video the second time to see if I could see a 16oz CC bottle... because I really would like another (5) 16oz. CCs TSV for December.

Maybe he's coming out with a fragrance free rice protein cleansing conditioner that will be part of the upcoming December TSV... or maybe it is something else entirely.

It's 4pm ET right now and the periscope link should be active for the next hour or two. Maybe someone else can get a better read on this. Smiley Happy

_______

_______ 

From Brdwygurl on 9/18, in her Periscope spring summer scent testing thread (first message )...

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple

Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere. Smiley Happy

_______

_______

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - September Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary 

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

___

Feel free to post anything you'd like to on this thread. lol, this is an idea in progress. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy