WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Happy May 1st wenners. The skies are blue, there is a cool breeze and low humidity - today is a 15+ - my kind of weather! Got my 2 mile walk in early today, fed the feathered and furry friends and I'm ready to start the day.

How  have you been? Hope you are staying healthy - both body and mind, lol. Hubby keeps asking why I'm going up to my studio for so long - I tell him its like wearing the mask - its for his safety.

My hair is looking wenilicious - I get so many more treatments in being at home more. How is your hair looking?

Ok, I'm off to start the day - have a great weekend and stay well. Riley1

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Monthly Chat - May 2020

@riley1 Hey, there! Thanks for starting us off.

Like you I got my walk in already, letting my dog lead the way. We went around 6am and there wasn't anyone out and about. I could have gone longer, but for some reason my dog wanted to come home. Guess she was hungry!

I've been fine and staying healthy....body, mind, and spirit. I have been spending most of my time cleaning out cupboards, closets, and drawers. How can one accumulate so much? Yesterday, I went thru several drawers of games/puzzles I have had and enjoyed for so many years, but decided to toss some of them. The older I get, the more I don't want someone else to have to go thru and clean out when I die! ha!

Was mentioning on another thread that my hair is getting to the place where I think I will get out the scissors and just snip here and snip there. I think shorter hair looks worse when it starts to grow than long hair. One of my friends has long hair and it doesn't look a mess at all, just longer. But with short hair, you can tell when certain areas are not growing out at the same speed as others. Good grief, does that drive me crazy! LOL!

I bet there is a YouTube for how to cut your own hair; I may check that out.

Otherwise, WEN hair is always in good shape as far as healthiness, right? Heart

Honored Contributor

From Chaz:

Today is my 27 year anniversary. On May 1st, 1993 I opened my first Salon in Bel Air, California, and completely gave up lather from head to toe. Who would’ve known that embarking on such a journey would’ve changed the world in such an incredible way.
Giving up lather and changing the hair care industry forever. P.S.: Sorry about the low resolution pictures they are 27 years old.

I know my mom watches over me throughout my life.

Chas First Salon.jpg

Honored Contributor

I saw on the news last night where in one of the Southern states (Louisiana?) there was a nail shop open. The way they handle being compliant was with both the customer and the nail gal wearing masks, and there was also a clear/transparent plastic between them. They could easily see each other, talk, but the customer had her hand placed thru a slit in the plastic that was hanging from the ceiling. They commented on the fact that nail salons already are to adhere to strict cleanliness and disinfecting practices, long before the virus was an issue. Don't recall if the manicurist was wearing those thin gloves or not. Probably was.

My local post office does the same thing. Only three could be in the lobby, and when I went up to the counter, a thick plastic sheet hanging from the ceiling to below the counter separated us. I slipped my package thru a slit that is by the credit card machine, and we did the transaction that way. Very simple.

Wonder if any hair salons will start doing something similar, just to start opening up. Your hair stylist wears a mask, you wear a mask, etc. Don't think the plastic between you will work. ha!  But I think the stylist would not want to wear gloves when they are cutting your hair. We'll see!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Riley1 and thank you for starting the new month!  My hair is amazing because this August, I'll be an 11 year Wen girl!  Sounds like you had a nice day.  It was okay yesterday where we are.  It was mild, I had shorts on.  I was "All dressed up and no place to go"!  LOL!  My Wen hair was looking amazing.  It just makes me feel good.  We haven't got it so bad.  We're all okay, got good food and we have our kitty and all our computer games, LOL!

World Traveler, I know what you mean!  My husband does not want to pitch anything out but I'm gonna do it anyway, I can't STAND clutter.  He has stereo equipment that has wires that would power the world and it's d'rivin' me crazy!  LOL!  I saw Chaz's pictures that you've posted.  He looks so young there!  I remember seeing him on TV with Melissa Gilbert years ago.  He always mentions on the shows the year and May 1st he gave up lather in HIS own salon.  How great is that accomplishment!  Thank you for posting the pictures, World Traveler!

Respected Contributor

Thanks @riley1 for the May start..Glad your well & enjoying your walks.

We aren't able to walk much in Az right now as our horrible heat has arrived early.

(unless you want to walk super early in the morning)

Next week we have 106-107 degree days. It is unusual to have those temps in May.

Still loving my Wen Indigo, I use some in every cleanse. I saw the new tote bag with the Indigo & lip products, I think it will go on my wish list!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi girls thanks for starting off the new month @riley1. Well the weather has finally started to break here , it’s beautiful , my kind of weather but I’m still in the house. Most I’ll be going is only in the yard. Since the beginning of March I’ve only ventured out three times and that was for food orders. We are in the epicenter only 15-20 minutes by car to NYC. Since I have an autoimmune I’m high risk. Two of the three times I did go out I came down with stomach bugs. I’m content being home since I’m so used to it. I’ve cooked /baked more in the past few months than I’ve done in the past three years. As for my hair, Even though my friend/stylist dropped off my dye over a month ago I still have not done it. It’s gotten longer and it’s almost back to ponytail length. Probably tomorrow I’ll attempt it, I better cuz my snow is really starting to show . Lol. I don’t know what’s going on with me but I’ve become unusually lax with all my self indulgent treatments even my Wen and that is just not me. In my mind I’m saying “well I won’t be going anywhere”. I have to snap out of it and get back to my exercise as well. I’m bummed with all this going on because I planned on making up for lost time this Spring/Summer. I really miss going to NY. @yanga same here with my DH and all his audio and cables. I have so much cleaning out to do as I’m tackling my moms little by little. I have to do it in small doses though because it definitely burns you out. Glad everyone is doing okay .
Honored Contributor

Somebody just had his bath!  And what better way to have a spring day bath than with Spring Fresh Floral!  My baby smells so sweet!

165E9B10-893C-4C7B-8C00-E057AC648717.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Looks like it pooped Toby out! ha!

I think we need to make Toby our mascot, now that Dooters isn't. Do you think Toby is up to the task of giving keen thoughts and outlook on WEN?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife Looks like it pooped Toby out! ha!

I think we need to make Toby our mascot, now that Dooters isn't. Do you think Toby is up to the task of giving keen thoughts and outlook on WEN?

@World Traveler 

Ha!  Toby would certainly have big shoes to fill!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.