WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen - June 11 - specials? - Seasonal SC, Mousse & brush, also NBT tubes

I'm excited to pick up this SC/M ODO. I would love to have a comb instead though. I just can't get the brush technique down. I do gift them though!

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

I'm excited to pick up this SC/M ODO. I would love to have a comb instead though. I just can't get the brush technique down. I do gift them though!

@yisbuff2, maybe @sonechko can help you out here. She has a really impressive Wen brush technique!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Or @bebe777! That's - easy! Just stick them in the hair, and this is all she wrote!

@yisbuff2, I am very-very bad and also lazy setting my hair. I always say - I have two left hands! Plus - no patience for setting hair. But Chaz styling brush did turn me around.

I still do blow-drying half-heartedly and quickly, but it still comes out good, compliments to WEN Brush! Either way, blow-dry or using them as hair rollers, the only trick is to pick a strand no more than brush length, pull it STRAIGHT UP, comb through with that brush, and start rolling NEATLY down to your scalp. When you are done - UNROLL and do not pull brush from hair.

For me it's also important to catch the hair being half-damp, because I do not want dealing with this process longer than my patience allows. Smiley Happy

I've seen Chaz doing his hair, and also his stylist Annie?, when they were doing the front top, they first directed the brush rolling hair backwards and away from forehead, then they'd unroll, and re-direct the brush forward. Annie said - for the front "bump"! It works, the hair has a lift on top front using this technique.

Valued Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I sure wish they would offer the seasonal styling creme to purchase on its own. I don't need the mousse. I already have the brushes.  

I have the opposite wish - I want the mousse with no styling creme.  I don't need the brushes since I have naturally curly hair that I don't blow out.  Although using the brushes as rollers to set the hair is intriguing.

Honored Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Hilary77 wrote:

I sure wish they would offer the seasonal styling creme to purchase on its own. I don't need the mousse. I already have the brushes.  

I have the opposite wish - I want the mousse with no styling creme.  I don't need the brushes since I have naturally curly hair that I don't blow out.  Although using the brushes as rollers to set the hair is intriguing.

Hi @jazzbabe, it's good to see you around here again!! Smiley Happy

The Summer Honey Peach (SHP) and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) Mousse is available in one other kit at QVC that had been an ODO last week. -- The SCLV still available, althought the SHP is waitlist only, at a feature price is $76.96 with free S&H:

WEN by Chaz Dean Summer 32 oz. Cleansing Cond. w/Mousse&Brush Choose Coconut Lime Verbena or Honey Peach 

WEN by Chaz Dean Summer 32oz Cond. w/Mousse &Brush Auto-Delivery 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777, I almost got that kit when it was the ODO but passed after looking at my stash of cc.  I really want to try the shp mousse but don't need to add to my stash of cc since I plan on moving soon. I will check out my stash of sc and think about getting the current ODO.  Thanks for all you do with the notifications - it is very helpful!

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Or @bebe777! That's - easy! Just stick them in the hair, and this is all she wrote!

@yisbuff2, I am very-very bad and also lazy setting my hair. I always say - I have two left hands! Plus - no patience for setting hair. But Chaz styling brush did turn me around.

I still do blow-drying half-heartedly and quickly, but it still comes out good, compliments to WEN Brush! Either way, blow-dry or using them as hair rollers, the only trick is to pick a strand no more than brush length, pull it STRAIGHT UP, comb through with that brush, and start rolling NEATLY down to your scalp. When you are done - UNROLL and do not pull brush from hair.

For me it's also important to catch the hair being half-damp, because I do not want dealing with this process longer than my patience allows. Smiley Happy

I've seen Chaz doing his hair, and also his stylist Annie?, when they were doing the front top, they first directed the brush rolling hair backwards and away from forehead, then they'd unroll, and re-direct the brush forward. Annie said - for the front "bump"! It works, the hair has a lift on top front using this technique.

Thanks for the tip @bebe777! Also, thanks for the excellent tutorial @sonechko! That actually makes sense to me. I pull rather than unroll which is why I end up likely looking like a fuzz ball. I am going to try this!

Frequent Contributor

I bought a SHP. I hadn't planned to buy but now I have the entire SHP set of CC and styling products. SHP is my all time favorite seasonal.
Esteemed Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Thanks for the tip @bebe777! Also, thanks for the excellent tutorial @sonechko! That actually makes sense to me. I pull rather than unroll which is why I end up likely looking like a fuzz ball. I am going to try this!

Yes @yisbuff2 NEATLY roll it in and CAREFULLY UNROLL. I've seen Chaz and his stylists do it - they take their time unrolling especially - no need to rush there! They roll in faster then me though! Experienced.

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Yes @yisbuff2 NEATLY roll it in and CAREFULLY UNROLL. I've seen Chaz and his stylists do it - they take their time unrolling especially - no need to rush there! They roll in faster then me though! Experienced.

That is really helpful @sonechko! I've been brushing through and doing things like I've seen my stylist do. I need to watch those tutorial!