WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Is Going NOWHERE BUT TO STAY

I agree @Ms X!

Honored Contributor

Cakie wrote:

For anyone who is researching this topic, here is a link to an article from EWG (Environmental Working Group.org.) http://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2015/12/wen-hair-care-products-linked-hair-loss

interesting information @Cakie

thanks for sharing it!

it will be interesting to see if they can get the bill passed that is mentioned in the article. i will also be curious to see what happens after mediation.....will the company settle, will the case get dropped, or will it go to court?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, it will be interesting to see, how a few who don't like or can not use the product, would stop it for millions of others, who do use it and like it. Really-really interesting!

By the same logic, why not just stop bread? There are people who have an allergic reaction to wheat, with symptoms of a wheat allergy reaction that can range from mild, such as hives, to severe, such as anaphylaxis.

There are people with “gluten intolerance” or celiac disease. A food allergy is an overreaction of the immune system to a specific food protein. When the food protein is ingested, in can trigger an allergic reaction that may include a range of symptoms from mild symptoms (rashes, hives, itching, swelling, etc.) to severe symptoms (trouble breathing, wheezing, loss of consciousness, etc.). A food allergy can be potentially fatal.

So, by the very same logic, it will be very interesting to see, if these people with allergies, will stop everyone else from eating bread, instead of just avoiding it themselves. Right, @sunshine45? Why not! Let's just do it!

Honored Contributor

@sonechko

if you are not interested in the court case and how it plays out then so be it. it doesnt mean others arent interested or following the case.

yes, i am interested in how it all turns out and how a bill that is being introduced can move forward to protect others. if you read the article you will see it just isnt about the court case itself.

by the way, i actually have a bottle of wen in my shower right now. i primarily use it as a conditioner. it doesnt work well for my hair as a cleansing cream.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I've heard and understood you first time around, @sunshine45.

And, yes, I've read this articles a while ago, as well as many others, and well aware of the legal action by couple hundreds people against Wen.

I totally understand that you, and many others can not use Wen as intended, and use it only as a conditioner, or not using it altogether. That's fine! I totally RESPECT your choice, and NOT arguing with you, if it does not work for YOU!

WHY then you do NOT RESPECT my perspective? I LOVE this product and it saved my hair. I WANT continue to use it and can't UNDERSTAND, how is this can be a problem for anyone?

I am not even going to discuss the merit of the complaints in the case, or even whatever the outcome of the case will be. This is pointless. This is just another class action suit among many, happening all over our county every day. Each side will try to prove their point.

For me this product is super, and of course is NOT for everyone, just like ANY other product on the market. It is very simple for me - if I don't like something, I don't buy it.

I don't understand, how fighting this line, becomes an acute interest for others, if this product simply is not their "cup of tea"?

My earlier post was just comparing the logic of product being NOT for everyone.

And those of us, who are intolerant to wheat, is it FAIR to ask to eliminate it from circulation, and close up all bakeries?

This can apply to ANY product, would it be food, skin or hair care. The logic remains the same - if few don't like it or can't use it, is if FAIR of them to stop it for others who can?

This is a matter of respect and tolerance of others, like me for example. Even your signature line said - "Blood is thicker than water, but LOVE is thicker than blood."

Yep, that's that. Love also means respect, tolerance and understanding of others, who may not be like you, or may not do as you do.

With all respect, i do not understand, how difficult it is simply not use what's not working for one, and go on a crusade against it instead, ruining it for others potentially.

Honored Contributor

oh my goodness @sonechko !

did i say that i thought the company should be shut down or the product be not used or that the product should disappear?

i never said that.....didnt even imply it.

i simply said it will be interesting to see just HOW this case progresses either via mediation or in court. i stand by my statement. i also said that i am wondering if they will be able to pass the bill that was mentioned in the article posted (which wasnt specific to just wen!).

use your wen in good health......and hope you are able to use it for years to come!

you stated:

With all respect, i do not understand, how difficult it is simply not use what's not working for one, and go on a crusade against it instead, ruining it for others potentially.

did my few sentences become a crusade against the brand?.....no

do i want to "ruin it for others?"......no

did i say that people should keep using it if it doesnt work or causes harm?.....no

if i said ANY of those things please enlighten me. once again, i SIMPLY said i am interested to see how this case progresses......as many others are also......wen users, former wen users, and non-wen users alike.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh MY Goodness @sunshine45!  My words are not directed at you specifically and I am NOT going to "enlighten" you in any way, or engage in endless polemics with you or "many others are also......wen users, former wen users, and non-wen users alike".

People who do not like Wen seem to be a little "aroused" by the legal action taken against Wen, and there are too many posts here, bashing the product. They seem to be a little anxious to see how this will play out and possibly hoping for the worst for Wen outcome.

It is even interesting for you too to see "how a bill that is being introduced can move forward to protect others."  Does this mean, you wish for this bill to pass, if only to "protect others" from Wen, does not it???

I am just simply tired of e....n....d....l...e....s....s   posts here and on BB bashing Wen. Tired. Especially here on Wen Board, where you KNOW people love, use and discuss Wen in a constructive manner.  No one here is unaware of "link to an article from EWG". On this Board we know all about this. This is a wrong Board to "educate" about Wen, people who are well aware of ALL Wen news.

In my much earlier post I only raised a question - is it FAIR for a few people who have allergies to a product, try to stop the product for ALL others? Fair or not fair?

Then, could it be just easier for these people to leave Wen alone and move onto something they actually like? Why beat a dead horse? No like - No buy! Easy-peasy. Wen is not working for some - fine, and this should be the end of the entire discussion. Those, who feel Wen "caused baldness" will have to prove it was indeed Wen that caused it, and  they will be compensated somehow.

If I indeed somehow misconstrued your intention entirely, and you do not have anything against Wen, or us Wenners using it, even if you don't, and what you saying in fact is sincere - "use your wen in good health......and hope you are able to use it for years to come", then I too, wish for you only a good health and happiness, and find a product, that works just as good for you as Wen works for me.