WEN

New Contributor

Re: Wen Is Going NOWHERE BUT TO STAY

For anyone who is researching this topic, here is a link to an article from EWG (Environmental Working Group.org.) http://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2015/12/wen-hair-care-products-linked-hair-loss

New Contributor

This is all well and good for you to champion Wen as you are - maybe you do not have any hair loss - YET.  But for those thousands of women out there who have all had hair thinning and hair loss from this product, they have been irreparably (not to mention emotionally) damaged.  And I'm sure they would all say the same thing; BEWARE. And keep an eye on your hair if you are using Wen!!  Educate yourself to BOTH sides of this issue!  Google "Wen and hair loss" and start reading and then make your own intelligent decision!

Respected Contributor

Ooooooh.  I'm really scared! 

Trusted Contributor

DTTB Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Esteemed Contributor

What's the meaning of "DTTB"? TIA! Cat Happy

Contributor

I don't think sweeping statements like this help anyone.  It is a product.  There is a law  suit.  The companies and plaintiffs will need to use the legal system to sort it out.  People should read labels and do research and decide for themselves what they want to use (or not).  There are chemicals in Wen.  There are chemicals in most hair and skin products.  Some people have reactions to them.  Some of those people complain.  Whether or not they have a viable legal claim is something the system will figure it out.  That will cost time and money.  It is unlikely that the product will be recalled as a result of this suit.  It is possible that Chaz Dean will agree to remove one or more chemicals from the ingredient list (or may do it to prevent future complaints).  That will be a business decision.  The person likely to make the most money off this suit is the attorney.  Announcing that the product is here to stay doesn't accomplish anything.  Yes, it is annoying that people keep posting that there is a law suit and they lost hair.  Okay.  I am sure that they want to spread the word.  If there is a problem for some people, getting all the facts and identifying the issue is important. 

The law suit is public information.  As an informed consumer, I checked out all of that before I decided whether or not to buy.  The law suit will likely deter some people.  It won't affect others.

And again, patents are not an indication of quality or safety on any product; they simply give an inventor who created something novel the right to be the sole producer/distributor of the product for a period of time.  A patent is hard to get because you have to prove that what you made is original, yours, and non-obvious.  And for the record, in my cursory search of the US Patent database, I don't see any actual patents listed for Wen or Chaz Dean.  I think he just has trademarks...which is protection for your business name/logo.

I am sure Chaz Dean's company appreciates all the people that continue to support the products.  But the people who are concerned have just as much a right to post their concerns, too, and decide not to use the products.  Probably best to let them say what they want to say, and keep doing your thing.  No need to engage or argue about it - there will eventually be a resolution that is posted.  I think it is important to be informed and to keep an eye out for possible problems.  I read the side effects on medication bottles, too, and the warnings before trying new adventure places, etc. 

Just my $.02 for what it is worth.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

@sonechko It means "Don't take the bait" Smiley Wink

but I know you so much fun with the haters you may not be able to stop yourself Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish that few of us Wenners would stop creating threads that serve as a "bait" to discuss Wen and all that law suit and balding from Wen hoop-la.

This sends a "special invitation" to Wen bashing crowd, or so called "concerned" individuals. They seem to just love to squeeze their "message" anywhere they can, and even on the Wen Board.

Some of these "do-gooders" truly believe in carp that this product is for sure, and in fact causing problems, and they may be "sincere" in their hate for it. This fact is NOT proven and remains to be proven yet.

But in reality, there are a few of those, very persistent individuals, who are simply "trolling" here and everywhere, creating negative publicity effect, to bent general public opinion, trying to help the ongoing legal suit, or maybe help some competitive brands to sell more of their brand products, while they think it is a good time to kick and bash Wen, because now is a "window of opportunity".

So, the conclusion is - always watch your own body/skin/hair reaction to ANY new product you are using, since we all may react differently to anything in any product,

and also beware of trolls, who may have their own agenda for posting. You never know.

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@sonechko It means "Don't take the bait" Smiley Wink

but I know you so much fun with the haters you may not be able to stop yourself Smiley Surprised

Yep just let them flap on while we all fling our Wen air...Smiley Happy

Contributor

Well said Smiley Happy.