WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - I love the Wen Treatment Oils :)

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hi all! I hope you won't mind me reviving this topic! I'm writing to ask if anyone has had more success with a particular oil for their body skin. I can't use TT, and clearly POM for the face is Tres Amaze, but otherwise I'm wondering if anyone has found one to be more/less absorable on the body.

My winter skin is way dry, and currently I use philosophy body lotion. It puts a layer of protection on my skin, which is great, but I don't feel truly hydrated if that makes sense. I've tried other oils, like Josie Maran, and even olive oil and coconut oil. Mostly they don't absorb (see a trend?) although they do offer a barrier.  It may be just one of those things where I have to experiment, or perhaps I have mutant skin that rejects all oils. I just would also love some guidance before I drop those Wenjamins.

TIA if you have any recommendations!

@yisbuff2 My skin also gets really dry in the winter. I've used the BGT oil since it's such a light scent and it absorbs really well.

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hi all! I hope you won't mind me reviving this topic! I'm writing to ask if anyone has had more success with a particular oil for their body skin. I can't use TT, and clearly POM for the face is Tres Amaze, but otherwise I'm wondering if anyone has found one to be more/less absorable on the body.

My winter skin is way dry, and currently I use philosophy body lotion. It puts a layer of protection on my skin, which is great, but I don't feel truly hydrated if that makes sense. I've tried other oils, like Josie Maran, and even olive oil and coconut oil. Mostly they don't absorb (see a trend?) although they do offer a barrier.  It may be just one of those things where I have to experiment, or perhaps I have mutant skin that rejects all oils. I just would also love some guidance before I drop those Wenjamins.

TIA if you have any recommendations!

@yisbuff2 My skin also gets really dry in the winter. I've used the BGT oil since it's such a light scent and it absorbs really well.

Thanks @HSB1204! I do love that scent, so that is great to know.

Respected Contributor

Hi @yisbuff2 I agree with HSB about BGT oil. Some more oils I feel are on the light side are CLV, WWC, FTP & SHP, these all absorb well for me. I don't use the oils much on my body. I don't normally have dry skin but sometimes I get winter itch from the dry air, I love the NBT for this.

Trusted Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

Hi @yisbuff2 I agree with HSB about BGT oil. Some more oils I feel are on the light side are CLV, WWC, FTP & SHP, these all absorb well for me. I don't use the oils much on my body. I don't normally have dry skin but sometimes I get winter itch from the dry air, I love the NBT for this.

@FleaMktQn thanks for the tip! I am sure all of the oils are pretty fabulous, but the idea of them being lighter and therefore absorbing makes sense. Of course, now I want even more of them because yay for yum.

Honored Contributor

@LucysMommy, this is a good thread about the Treatment Oils to read. I started this thread and in my first post I talk a lot about them. Enjoy!! -- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 or anyone else...have you had good luck with pom oil under the eyes or any of the other oils for fine lines and wrinkles? 

I got really lax with my skincare over the winter and stopped using my wen for this.  I had luck with pom oil for my cirlces but not my fine lines.  My routine right now is remkve makeup (right now with a makeup wipe but I'm going to start oils for this) and cleanse with 319 or ff and usually my clarisonic, spray 319 rtm, allow to dry, apply 319 nbt all over including under my eyes and follow with pom oil under my eyes.

Thanks all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@bebe777 or anyone else...have you had good luck with pom oil under the eyes or any of the other oils for fine lines and wrinkles? 

I got really lax with my skincare over the winter and stopped using my wen for this.  I had luck with pom oil for my cirlces but not my fine lines.  My routine right now is remkve makeup (right now with a makeup wipe but I'm going to start oils for this) and cleanse with 319 or ff and usually my clarisonic, spray 319 rtm, allow to dry, apply 319 nbt all over including under my eyes and follow with pom oil under my eyes.

Thanks all!

HI @Thia-Winter, at this point I know for sure that using the Pomegranate/Rosemary (POM) Treatment Oil on my raccoon under eye circles is what made the difference. 

This past spring I was away from home for a little over two months visiting family. -- I had only expected to be gone for a few weeks but things came up and so I was away for longer than I had expected. -- The good news is that I keep a cache of Wen products up there just so I don't have to lug them back and forth. I did have my Tea Tree/Eucalyptus (TT) Treatment Oil up there, but I didn't take my POM oil with me. lol, now that I've purchased multiple TT/POM oil duos at a crazy good price, this will change. Smiley Wink

Last November, before I had started using the POM oil on my under eye circles last, I had major raccoon under eye circles (it's genetic, I had them when I was a small child).

When I started using the POM oil last November, I was literally applying the POM oil 4-6 times per day because I noticed that more daily applications produced better results (lol, and I was impatient *s*). Because these under eye circles had been there for decades, I think that mine was a particularly stubborn case. 

I kept to 4-6 time daily routine up until probably mid-February when my under eye circles had been diminished by around 70% (Really!!!).

At that point, I noticed that it was now just an incremental battle to see how much of the remaining stubborn circles could be flushed away.

Maybe ten days later, I left home (without my POM oil), and didn'r come back until early May. -- During that period, I used the TT Oil on my under eye circles, but I could tell that the results weren't as good. I was extremely busy during this period and, truthfully, pretty quickly I was only following this routine sporadically. 

I've been playing a lot of catchup since I got back home, and only have recently been getting back to my Wen routines. 

I just restarted my Pom oil under eye treatments last week. Smiley Wink

That I have noticed is that without the daily Pom oil routine, that my undereye circles have gotten slightly darker. -- The good news is that they are still 55-60% (down from 70%) better than when I fist started this Wexpermiment last November.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress. Smiley Happy

What really amazes me about using the POM oil for my undereye circles is that, over the decades, I have tried a number of under eye products that had abysmal results. -- I was stunned at the difference that Chaz's POM oil has made... and how quickly it started to make this difference. 

There is a product called Hi-Lighten (sp?) in Dimitri's Skinn line (on Evine). -- It sounds as though it's a serious product for under eye circles. Once I finally plateau with the POM oil, i'm going to try it out. 

The reason I don't just jump over to this new product is that (as @sonechko can tell you), lol, I make skin car decisions very slowly. -- I just take my time. Smiley Wink

Also, Chaz has so much integrity and my skin knows from experience that he only uses top notch ingredients for his products... lol, so I'm dancing with the gentleman who brought me here. Smiley Wink

Also, from a pure cost perspective, 4oz of POM oil probably cost me around $30 (during that crazy value ODO duo with free S&H). -- In contrast, a teeny tiny tube of the Skinn product is $20. Ka Ching! Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. As far as the fine lines and wrinkles go well, in that respect, I'm sort of lucky. -- I sweat like a pig (2-3 times more than the average person), and while that means no silk shirts or scarves for me, it does mean that my face is always naturally moisturized. So my late 50s face struggles with adult acne, but not with fine lines and wrinkles. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

I still haven't started using the Wen oils on my scalp (for overnight scalp treatments), because I want to compare my Wen results with the results of my DIY 95% jojoba oil / 5% tea tree oil blend. Unfortunately, I was lax about doing regular overnight oil treatments in the summer, so I've got about 2 more months of using my DIY formula before I can start using the Wen Oils.

I want to be able to compare the results because, if I make the switch to the Wen Treatments Oils... lol, there's no going back to my old DIY formula. Smiley Wink

I use both a DIY blend and the WEN oils. My DIY blend has more ingredients in it and I mix it in an old WEN bottle. I've noticed absolutely no difference in actual performance - none. That said, the WEN oils smell better than my DIY blend and make for a more pleasant experience, so I continue to buy and use them. Once a bottle is around 3/4 full, I will often add some more of my own oils (castor, jojoba, grape seed, tea tree if a tea tree blend) to extend the WEN oil. 

I can mix up a good DIY oil that works very well, but I just can't get anything to smell as good as the WEN oils.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

I still haven't started using the Wen oils on my scalp (for overnight scalp treatments), because I want to compare my Wen results with the results of my DIY 95% jojoba oil / 5% tea tree oil blend. Unfortunately, I was lax about doing regular overnight oil treatments in the summer, so I've got about 2 more months of using my DIY formula before I can start using the Wen Oils.

I want to be able to compare the results because, if I make the switch to the Wen Treatments Oils... lol, there's no going back to my old DIY formula. Smiley Wink

I use both a DIY blend and the WEN oils. My DIY blend has more ingredients in it and I mix it in an old WEN bottle. I've noticed absolutely no difference in actual performance - none. That said, the WEN oils smell better than my DIY blend and make for a more pleasant experience, so I continue to buy and use them. Once a bottle is around 3/4 full, I will often add some more of my own oils (castor, jojoba, grape seed, tea tree if a tea tree blend) to extend the WEN oil. 

I can mix up a good DIY oil that works very well, but I just can't get anything to smell as good as the WEN oils.

@ChynnaBlue, I agree about the Wen Tea Tree/Eucalyptus Treatment Oil scent. Smiley Happy

As of last November, I finally started using my Wen Treatment Oils and found that I was getting even better results with them than with my DIY blend... so I stopped using my DIY blend and switched over to Chaz's oils. 

I had read so many comments about the Tea Tree/Eucalyptus (TT) Treatment Oil that I was surprised to find how gentle the scent was (in comparison to my DIY jojoba/tea tree blend which has a serious tea tree scent). 

Last night I did an overnight scalp treatment with the Chaz's TT oil, and it was delightful in comparison to my DIY version. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, I agree about the Wen Tea Tree/Eucalyptus Treatment Oil scent. Smiley Happy

As of last November, I finally started using my Wen Treatment Oils and found that I was getting even better results with them than with my DIY blend... so I stopped using my DIY blend and switched over to Chaz's oils. 

I had read so many comments about the Tea Tree/Eucalyptus (TT) Treatment Oil that I was surprised to find how gentle the scent was (in comparison to my DIY jojoba/tea tree blend which has a serious tea tree scent). 

Last night I did an overnight scalp treatment with the Chaz's TT oil, and it was delightful in comparison to my DIY version. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Exactly, @bebe777. Pure Tea Tree oil smells so astringent and harsh, and the WEN version is so much more pleasant. It's just an all around nicer experience.