WEN

Valued Contributor

Has anyone smelled the Wen Hope scent? Appreciate all comments! Thank you in advance for any responses!

Honored Contributor

@Jen44...I have a sample and it is SEXY! I’m terrible with describing scents so hopefully one of the other WENners can give you a better technical description. I hope sexy helps a little!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

@Jen44

I think all the gallons in June included a sample of the Hope fragrance & I remembered a lot of talk about it after it went out. I found this thread...it has several glowing reviews & great descriptions Smiley Happy

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/New-Hope-EDP-with-Gallon/td-p/4668309/page/2

Valued Contributor

@tcmalfa  Perfect!  Thanks so much!!!

Respected Contributor

Hi Jen44!  I have the sample parfume, it was given when you buy a gallon, back in June.  I love it!  It's nice, warm, rich, it has something akin to tahitian vanilla smell to my nose.  I was not too taken on with Love.  Light, I like, I love Light in the NBT, got that more than once.  I'm in on the NBT in Hope.  Yeah, I think so!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Hope Scent?

[ Edited ]

HI @Jen44 

I too received a sample with my gallon order in June. My 1st impression was a sharp almost acrid smell on top of lavender and vanilla. It seemed to lean more to the masculine side of a "unisex" fragrance, which I didn't particularly care for. I let the sample sit until this morning when I saw your inquiry.

I reapplied some earlier on my pulse points and as it warmed up and settled down I was monitoring as time passed and the fragrance developed. 

Again, initially something bright and sharp was in the opening notes. I'm not sure what this is. I haven't seen the note chart displayed yet. This was distinctive and again smelled manly on me. (The Light edp is manly on me too, btw) There's no question of vanilla and lavender in my initial spritz either.

As the scent started to dry down the sharpness ebbed away leaving the lavender and vanilla to develop. And they did. A soft sweetness arose tinged in mellow spices. Ever so soft and round, it's cupping the vanilla and the lavender I smell. This is more entwined and enveloping, as if they've found a comfy spot and have nestled in with the fellow compatriot notes. The spices are really soft but I sense and smell a sassy little wink. 

Now, hours later, I smell a pleasant green and what seems like a wee touch of citrus in the mix. Both are very, very subtle and complimentary. Like a little ping in the overall warmth of the pleasant, yet softly sexy blend of the spices and herbs.

I find the scent on my wrist to be a much more pronounced scent of vanilla. But the crook of my arm is where's the fragrance is more complex. More body heat there. Overall I find this fragrance quite compelling. I'm quite surprised and very pleased after my initial first impression. Frankly glad I didn't give my sample away. I can see this becoming a signature fragrance for many if it smells on you like it does on me now. I truly did not see this becoming part of my Wen edp wardrobe...That Has Changed!!!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS  I love the way you describe scents, pure poetry Heart

So glad you're here for TSV Day Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@rochelleS  Thank you so much!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @FleaMktQn, you're a luv. I did a minor edit on my post too. But you certainly can see I've had a complete 360° change of my impression of this fragrance! What a pleasant surprise that was...

I'm glad to be here today too. My sister who lives an hour away, had a horrible accident and sustained a "life changing injury" as stated by her surgeon. She was brought by ambulance to a local hospital. Complications have delayed her second surgery. So I've spent the last 3+ weeks with her. One of her highlights is my coming in having used a different CC, NBT and or EDP for each visit. She's getting a huge kick out of this. Today will be FGP and of course I'll wear Hope too. Gotta get moving so we can watch the next show together. Good chatting with you and enjoy the tsv day too!♡♡♡