WEN

Esteemed Contributor
The only problem I have with WEN combs - I misplace them often! They are flat and know how to hide and become "invisible".
Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:
The only problem I have with WEN combs - I misplace them often! They are flat and know how to hide and become "invisible".

Mine disappear as well (along with most of my Wen products) but I think it has more to do with my daughters, lol.

#IAmTeamWen
Contributor
Thank you for your posts. I guess I must be the only one with this problem. 😁
Honored Contributor

Nope, I have three of them and have never had one develop any smell.

Respected Contributor
I only had one and it snapped in half after a couple of months. I never noticed an odor.

What kind of odor? Does it smell like mold or mildew or something else?
Respected Contributor

@HXGirl No, you're not the only one. I've noticed the same thing. It's not a strong smell (at least not for me) but it definitely has a weird smell after you've used it in the shower for a while.

Contributor
It's not mildew or mold or anything I've really smelled before. It's more like a very strong putrid smell. 😳
Contributor
I'm glad I'm not the only one - I'm sure many thought my post sounded crazy! I really like the comb but the smell is now so offensive that I'm going to have to trash it. I've never had anything like this happen before - very strange!
Respected Contributor

Have you tried running the comb through the dishwasher?  And do you have similar problems with other plastic materials that are washed in your tap water?  I am wondering if you have some sort of heavy metals in your water that are reacting with the plastic?  With all the info coming out about lead in water, and the fact that there are many more heavy metals besides lead  (chromium, arsenic, zinc) that might not be in the news but can still be in your water and harming you, I'd see about having your water tested. I wonder if stinky plastic is a symptom of something else going on?

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Comb Aroma

[ Edited ]

I have 12 of them.  I have never had one break, nor have any of them developed a scent.

They do go off on adventures of their own and I have to hunt them down, but smell bad?  Nope.

I believe I would try soaking yours in white vinegar over night.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras