WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen Cleansing Conditioners - how do you rate them?

[ Edited ]

We haven't done a Wen favorite Cleansing Conditioners thread in a while, so I thought it would be fun to start one. I thought the Wen Abbreviations Glossary would be helpful to decode the formula abbreviations Smiley Happy

I have baby fine, porous, limp hair. I totally lost out in the hair gene pool, so Wen has been truly wenderful. -- Here's my list:

* Top, crazy wenderful choices -- Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and 319

* really close second string -- 613

* second string (BGT was my fave, until MIF and 319 were created) -- Wen Men (which is way underappreciated, just ask @77yangya ), Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)

* Tea Tree life saver -- essential to rotate in when I'm doing a lot of long distance commuting and don't have time to do regular Tea Tree overnight Treatment Oil Treatments -- Tea Tree cleansing conditioner was my fave way back when Chaz only had a Classics line and only 6 different cleansing conditioners

* Seasonals are really great -- all the Seasonals which work equally well (so I rate by the scents that I like best) -- Spring Orange Blossom, Spring Gardenia Green Tea, Fall Apple Spice, Winter Cranberry Mint, Winter White Citrus, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Summer Honey Peach, Fall Tuscan Pear, Summer Mango Coconut, Pink Jasmine Peony (just like a Seasonal), Spring Honey Lilac, Winter Vanilla Mint, Winter Red Currant, Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin, Summer Coconut Lime Verbena

* Classics (besides Tea Tree) that are fine, but don't have the amino acid complex that my baby fine hair desperately needs -- Sweet Almond Mint, Pomegranate, Cucumber Aloe

* Wen Kids -- for whatever reason, I do find these rice based formulas a bit drying, but just a teeny bit drying... but if these were the only Wen formulas available I'd still be a very happy Wenner -- Watermelon, Strawberry/Banana, Apple

And finally, the two Wen cleansing conditioner formulas that my baby fine hair runs and hides from...

* dramatic drum roll, for effect *

* Halloween frizzy fright fest -- Lavender

Texas Oil Slick (for the full length of my hair, because it actually leaks out of my baby fine/porous hair) -- Fig

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Re: Wen Cleansing Conditioners list - how do you rate them? ;)

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 What a fun thread!

I have baby fine hair as well, and here's how i feel about the different formulas:

1st cleanse: MIF/FF/613.  I love the performance of all of these, so I will make sure I use one of them for my 1st cleanse every time Smiley Happy

2nd cleanse: Seasonals - I adore all of the spring formulas, both scent and performance.  (I will be loading up when Spring gets here for sure!)  I like the SHP from the summer line.  I like the FVWP performance wise, and the scent is okay, but its just not something I'd reach for on a regular basis.

So-so: FTP, STP, POM

Not a fan AT ALL:  LAV, BGT, 319, SMC, SAM (these dry out my hair and just make it look like a hot mess - although still better than using shampoo, i just don't get as good a result using these formulas)

Still need to try: CA, FIG, Light, PJP, Wen Men, All Winter Seasonals

Special Mention: Tea Tree -- I like the scent, and I use the oil every other night.  I have the mousse and styling creme, and they are perfectly fine.  I use a pump of the CC mixed into my 1st cleanse every day/every other day (depending on how my hair reacts) and I use a dime size as my leave in.  I wouldn't use this on its own on a regular basis, but I like adding it in and I want to always have it on hand.  (Also, it's good to use on my son's hair, especially when those notices from school come home about lice).

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Cleansing Conditioners - how do you rate them?

WOW bebe777, that IS a fun idea!  Okay, mine is just about shoulder length.  VERY porous, medium, have a decent amount of it.  It's mostly platinum (yuk) don't want to color anymore......I have tried every one of the CCs.  I love them all but my go tos are, Wen Men, all seasonals, 319, 613 Bamboo.   Those I stay with and I do mix them, well, consolidate in one bottle.  I tell you, my hair is salon quality EVERY DAY!!!  I love Chaz and he's so very generous to share his findings with us! XXXOOO

Respected Contributor

Sorry to post twice.  Yes, my hair is very oily scalp but Wen seems to have slowed that down!  I can go a couple of days but I choose to cleanse every day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Favorite

White Vanilla Pumpkin - perfect scent, lots of shine, perfect balance of moisture for my dry hair that can get frizzy in a hot second.

All of them.

Least favorites

Any thing with honey as good as it t smells - my hair just does not work with it.  

Frequent Contributor

@77yangya I'm with you!  Wen has definitely helped my oily scalp, and I CAN go longer without washing now, but if I'm going out or going to work, I still cleanse just because I love the results Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I am in the process of transitioning to my natural gray/white and the texture of my hair has changed to finer and silkier from thick and coarse which I'm thrilled about. 

What works best for me now is either tea tree or sweet almond mint mixed with a couple of pumps of 613 as my first cleanse, followed by just about any seasonal with the exception of the pink peony for my second cleanse.  Do not like that one at all in performance or scent. It's the only seasonal I don't care for.  Love all the rest. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @bebe777  so glad you are back..Smiley Happy  I have to say it is now Men's Wen.

I still have to be careful of the menthol on my scalp, so sometimes I use Wen Kids

on that area...I know Men's Wen says hair & body, maybe Chaz has some "extra"

good thing in it..Smiley Happy

The Seasonals I love, FAS, SCLV especially.

My hair is as you described yours Bebe,(only more I would think) super duper fine & thin...I use the whipped Wen that @x Hedge came up with & that helps me rinse much better. 

I could be happy now with just using Wen Men because the results are that good..

Thank you Chaz for great deals as always...

Esteemed Contributor

Here's how I rate it. TOO CONFUSING! Back in the early days it was easy, one product would rock your hair world no matter what kind of hair you had. Now it's rice and wheat (or whatever) and mixing and different products for different seasons and a trillion other things to consider. God Bless You All for your patience and perseverance and willingness to experiment (and $$$ spent) till you have your own hair's preferences at different times of the year or the weather or whatever. Hope Chaz appreciates all you faithful followers as much as you all appreciate what his products have done for you. And the time you ladies take to explain so much to new or wanna be users, more blessings to you for your generosity!

Valued Contributor

I have fine, stick straight hair that I wear short.  My hair loves, in order of preference:  Winter Cranberry Mint (I have a stockpile)

Bamboo Green Tea

Tea Tree

Summer Honey Peach (when the weather is humid)

Summer Tropical Paradise (surprised me; and really makes the gray hairs sparkle)

Spring Orange Blossom

A couple years ago, my longtime stylist moved.  She really knew how to cut my hair.  I went through a horrible time and six stylists, trying to find a replacement.  I even stopped coloring my hair because it was hard enough just getting a decent cut.  (I do like my natural hair - it's not completely gray.)  Thank you, Wen, which made even the most horrific haircuts bearable.  I found my new stylist in October and my haircuts are no longer an embarrassment.  If she ever leaves, I will stalk her.

My skin loves Light as a body cleanser.