WEN

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wen - Chaz streams video on Periscope, what is it?

[ Edited ]

Some Wenners have mentioned that they've watched Chaz on live streaming video feeds via Periscope. So here are my questions... 

* I know that Periscope is a division of Twitter, but how do you sign up for Periscope? 

* How do you find out when Chaz will streaming on Periscope? 

* How often does Chaz do live streaming feeds?

* Are these video streams archived so that they can be watched at a later date? 

Thanks!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Wen - Chaz streams video on Periscope, what is it?

When you have a twitter account, it uses your twitter account information as your periscope information. So it auto logs you in and all that jazz. 

If you follow Chaz on periscope, your smartphone, or other device will send you an alert when he is streaming. Some days there are a LOT of alerts! 

I find that they are archived for only a short period of time then go away but I don't know what the official time frame is. I don't even use the app unless I go to watch one of the videos. 

The plus side to the streaming is the interactive features. I like being able to ask questions and stuff. It's pretty cool! I was pretty lost on periscope too! 

Honored Contributor

@Beautoxica wrote:

When you have a twitter account, it uses your twitter account information as your periscope information. So it auto logs you in and all that jazz. 

If you follow Chaz on periscope, your smartphone, or other device will send you an alert when he is streaming. Some days there are a LOT of alerts! 

I find that they are archived for only a short period of time then go away but I don't know what the official time frame is. I don't even use the app unless I go to watch one of the videos. 

The plus side to the streaming is the interactive features. I like being able to ask questions and stuff. It's pretty cool! I was pretty lost on periscope too! 

Beautoxica, welcome to the Wen forum and to the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for all the information about periscope, Chaz's live streams, the notification process, and the archiving. I had read through some info on Periscope and was still confused about how it worked. Thanks again!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

You're welcome! I was the same way! I kept saying, "what in the world is periscope?" I'm glad that it helped and thank you for the welcome to the community. I've been lurking for a while. I posted some before the change over but my posts are gone! 

I've loved reading everyones posts and seeing that I'm not alone in my obsession with Wen! 

Honored Contributor

Beautoxica, I'm sorry to hear about your posts vanishing. It's such a shame. From what I can gather, most of the posts between April 18th and June 14th are gone... and it doesn't seem like they're coming back. I've even tried to search some of my more recent post down using googe key word searches and there's nothing to find. Oh well. 

On a more positive note, I'm glad that Wen is working well for you and that you found your way to the new Wen forum. The info here is great, but it's all the great Wenners that really make this forum a great place to hang out.

So now that you've come out of the shadows, don't be a stranger!! Post early and ofternSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

Periscope with Chaz is awesome!! He gave video clips of all the new product lines comin in September. He said FTP was the new ETD, I took a screenshot of it. There is a new 319 line, I think that's his dad's birthday, a whole new unscented line, a travel 613 line. He periscoped every morning on the beach of vacation with the Angels running in the water. He also periscoped on location in NYC, in Central Park. You got to "meet" people like LC, Marisol, Eduardo, his sister Joanne, etc. lots of new information.
Contributor

I have been addicted to Wen for years.  Every time that Chaz is on my credit card gets a major workout.  I love every single product that I have used and continue to buy more.  I can't wait for the 2 hour show

Occasional Contributor

Forgot to say it is live streaming, alerts you with a whistle on your tablet, smartphone. He even periscoped playing pool, card games, in the restaurants, some of his fans in real life, took pictures, etc. he even gave his location while in Delaware , we will be at Blue Moon tonight, if any WEN fans want to come meet us. He did it almost 15x a day.