WEN

Regular Contributor

Re: Wen - Chaz's NYC flagship store & blow out bar in Greenwich Village

I will! I am planning on a trip to Vegas the weekend before Thanksgiving with friends and since flights are only $40 from Vegas, I think I'll extend the trip if I'm that close. I was told there was a good chance of a cancellation in 2+ months but I'm sure I'd be happy with any stylist if it doesn't happen.

Frequent Contributor

HOLY CANOLI!!!!! Im so happy about this, I cant even deal right now!! I literally have been begging him on social media for years to open in NYC LOL. I saw this scope video.. he was showing this location and two others and all I was thinking the whole time is please dont pick the greenwhich lot lol. It looked like so much work to convert to a salon but i didnt realize that he was going to purchase (thought he was renting) and renovate the whole thing so he could live there (makes sense)... I will be the first in line to get at least a blow out but hoping for a full service salon. 

It makes sense for him to stay there though. Everytime he is at QVC he goes into NYC

Super Contributor

Here's a pic from FB....coming in 2017

I know they are starting with just blow outs, hoping they eventually expand to other services

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see this forum now making daily party bus trips to check on the renovation progress and volunteering to help stock the shelves when the inventory truck rolls in...Smiley Tongue

Will work for Wen!

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I can see this forum now making daily party bus trips to check on the renovation progress and volunteering to help stock the shelves when the inventory truck rolls in...Smiley Tongue

I volunteer to take any extra stock home, in order to keep the shelves from looking too cluttered.

Of course, I would be doing this, purely, for aesthetic and altruistic reasons. 😼

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon  LOL!  I can see the wen bottles and remoist flying now as everyone decides what kind of 'space' the shelves need.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw the pic it dawned on me that we were in the shop a few years back.  This was when my dog was alive and my DH had a nice conversation with the guy there.  I let out a screech the other day when  I realized it. Lol my DH said, "that would have been funny if the door opened and  Chaz walked in with the puppies you would have died. And I would have.

Frequent Contributor

I visited that doggie place as well. They had such fun stuff!

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

On August 29th, in his meet the family! periscope video, Chaz talked about his newest venture with one of his clients. 

Chaz mentioned that he had considered opening a salon in NYC a few years ago. In the end, he decided against it because he felt that he didn't have enough time to spend there. 

In the Chaz will be opening up a salon in NYC thread, Suz585 had mentioned that by flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon".

I just came across a bit more information about Chaz's upcoming flagship store... 

Hollywood hair honcho Chaz Dean of the cult-fave WEN beauty product line, is buying a historic townhouse at 59 Greenwich Ave. in Greenwich Village.

The hairstylist, whose products are favored by Brooke Shields, plans to house a retail shop, hair salon and pied-à-terre in the 4,142-square-foot building.

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ -- Wen 101 -- periscope -Wen Abbreviations Glossary 

___ 

___

___ 

Map of 59 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014

Street View
59 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014

___

Last year, Chaz purchased a NYC townhouse in Greenwich Village (a very central. hip location) so that he could open up a flagship salon there.

During one of Chaz's shows last week, he mentioned:

New York is really slow with the planning and we don't even have the approval yet, so it's going to be a while. 

What a shame that the planning approval is holding everything up.Smiley Sad

-- bebe Smiley Happy