WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Chaz's NYC flagship store & blow out bar in Greenwich Village

[ Edited ]

On August 29th, in his meet the family! periscope video, Chaz talked about his newest venture with one of his clients. 

Chaz mentioned that he had considered opening a salon in NYC a few years ago. In the end, he decided against it because he felt that he didn't have enough time to spend there. 

In the Chaz will be opening up a salon in NYC thread, Suz585 had mentioned that by flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon".

I just came across a bit more information about Chaz's upcoming flagship store... 

Hollywood hair honcho Chaz Dean of the cult-fave WEN beauty product line, is buying a historic townhouse at 59 Greenwich Ave. in Greenwich Village.

The hairstylist, whose products are favored by Brooke Shields, plans to house a retail shop, hair salon and pied-à-terre in the 4,142-square-foot building.

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ -- Wen 101 -- periscope -Wen Abbreviations Glossary 

___ 

___

___ 

Map of 59 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014

Street View
59 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014

___

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen - Chaz's NYC flagship store & blow out bar in Greenwich Village

Yay, I'm in the village almost every weekend.  

Respected Contributor

Oooh, I've got WENvy!!😈😈😈😈

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I'm so happy that this is coming to fruition!  

As Chaz had spoken of this earlier, I thought perhaps the right real estate would play a major factor.  Was very curious about the venue because I just don't envision Chaz having a regular brick and mortar type salon /store.  But an historic townhouse in Greenwich, now that I can see -  that I envy!  Of course Chaz would bring it off with STYLE!

And it will have a place to for him to stay when he visits NYC.  That makes excelent business sense.  

Great!

Thank you @bebe777 for keeping us posted.  Wish I could hook on to those periscope videos.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I'm so happy that this is coming to fruition!  

As Chaz had spoken of this earlier, I thought perhaps the right real estate would play a major factor.  Was very curious about the venue because I just don't envision Chaz having a regular brick and mortar type salon /store.  But an historic townhouse in Greenwich, now that I can see -  that I envy!  Of course Chaz would bring it off with STYLE!

And it will have a place to for him to stay when he visits NYC.  That makes excelent business sense.  

Great!

Thank you @bebe777 for keeping us posted.  Wish I could hook on to those periscope videos.

Drythe, you're most welcome and thanks for the thanks. Smiley Happy

I'm so glad too that he has a Greenwich Village location. That's ideal for Chaz. He's going to love staying there!!

lol, I wish I could hook up with the periscope videos as well. I've got my twitter account all set up but I still can't seem to ask questions during his live periscope feeds. I'm going to have to go to my Apple store for a tutorial. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My DH did not take this news too good, thinks it's going to cost him. Lol

Honored Contributor

How wonderful for Chaz and all his lucky clients and customers that will get to visit the store!

I still don't get the periscope thing, lol. So confusing.

Trusted Contributor

I travel to NYC about once a year, so this might be worked into my next visit.....YAY!  

@HappyDaze I'm right there with you......Periscope is a bit too much for me, glad we have peeps who share the details!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In yesterday's periscope it's celebration!! We love Cooper video, Chaz and Team Wen celebrated Cooper's birthday. 

Chaz had a second reason to celebrate as he explained: 

We just closed escrow in New York today!!!

So it sounds like the NYC flagship store is a done deal. -- it'a 7:20pm ET right now and the video should still be available for another two hours.

Congrats Chaz!!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just started listening to Chaz's It's a diamond anniversary periscope video (from 9/3):

Chaz Dean ‏@ChazDean
LIVE on #Periscope: It's a diamond anniversary 💎💎💎this is where the magic happens💎💎💎 https://www.periscope.tv/w/aLioHDMzMDQyOHwxTW54blJ2bXlPeXhPLlTirGXuY4-58IhXz9MVB0XBbosVJMQhTM-zVwrcL...

Chaz mentioned that he expected the NYC townhouse renovations to take two years, so it's going to be a while before the NYC flagship salon opens. 

He said that it's a 4-story townhouse and that when it's finished, Chaz will be staying there with his angel doggies when he's in NYC. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy