WEN

Occasional Contributor

Hi ! I was looking for the presentation for the new brushes that Chaz was bringing us - did  I miss it? 

I wanted to know what the difference is between the two😊

Respected Contributor

@Hbunny wrote:

Hi ! I was looking for the presentation for the new brushes that Chaz was bringing us - did  I miss it? 

I wanted to know what the difference is between the two😊

No, actually there never was a presentation.  Just a pic of them up on the screen for a couple seconds while Chaz quick spoke about them. If I recall, he said the paddle brush is smoothing and good for brushing out your hair along with being massaging to your scalp so it promotes a healthy scalp. The other I believe he said was more voluminzing.  Maybe the others who saw the same can add to or correct me if need be. But, this is what I recall him saying.

Trusted Contributor

Chaz demonstrated curling hair with the sculpting brush. I asked Chaz on Periscope about blowouts with the brushes. He said use the paddle brush for long and straight styling and the sculpting brush for curling and volume. I think it's great we get one of each in this set. 

Also, we did ask for a demo video and he said he would do one. Check out his social media (or I'm sure one of us will post here) for the video when he does it. 

#IAmTeamWen
Occasional Contributor
Thank you ! So I would of loved to see him curl the hair with the sculpting brush ! Dang - was that on Periscope? I ordered the brushes anyway - it was a no brainer 😍😍😍😍
Super Contributor

Re: Wen Brushes

[ Edited ]

I would love to see how to curl with the sculpting brush too, and I ordered them too! 

Not on periscope yet as far as I've seen but hopefully he will show us soon Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Hi there!  I have the sculpting brush from Chaz's salon.  YES!  It makes my hair bounce until even the next day after I've slept on it!!!  It makes root lift.  I got the brush duo on the Q so I could get the other one, okay, so I'll have two sculpting brushes.   They are well made brushes too.

Trusted Contributor

@Hbunny wrote:
Thank you ! So I would of loved to see him curl the hair with the sculpting brush ! Dang - was that on Periscope? I ordered the brushes anyway - it was a no brainer 😍😍😍😍

@Hbunny, Check the texture spray video (single bottle 319/613) for him showing twirling for curl with the sculpting brush. There is a Periscope video with him discussing the two brushes. 

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

PAfter reading some saying the brushes had a strong rubber odor  I went back to check mine.  Happy to report no odor here.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Wen Brushes

[ Edited ]

i've had my new brushes for 6 days. they work well but they still have a very strong rubber/plastic odor.  I washed them in wen (as Chaz suggests,) sprayed them with RTM, & aired them out outside. they still smell bad. i hesitate to use stronger chemicals on them because i don't want to damage the material.

i hope the odor fades soon so i can use them without getting nauseas.

[ i'm not wen-bashing - i love wen & Chaz & the angels :-) ] 

Respected Contributor

@sznk wrote:

i've had my new brushes for 6 days. they work well but they still have a very strong rubber/plastic odor.  I washed them in wen (as Chaz suggests,) sprayed them with RTM, & aired them out outside. they still smell bad. i hesitate to use stronger chemicals on them because i don't want to damage the material.

i hope the odor fades soon so i can use them without getting nauseas.

[ i'm not wen-bashing - i love wen & Chaz & the angels :-) ] 

@sznk Don’t feel bad. I don’t think you’re wen bashing - not everything will be right for everyone. If it makes you feel better, I sent mine back bc of the strong odor. I didn’t even bother with washing ithem or giving them time to air out. I have a great Aveda wooden paddle brush that I love and these wen brushes weren’t any better. So with that and the odor they weren’t worth keeping. (I still love Chaz and my wen, that hasn’t changed. 😉)