WEN

Honored Contributor

I originally started this thread (original Wen 101 thread) on March 14, 2014 because I thought it would be a good way to consolidate some of the great Wenformation that we all share in this forum.

I am reconstructing the new Wen 101 thread for our brand new Wen forum. I am also revising the format of the Wen 101 thread for easier viewing.  

Please note that part of the Wen 101 and Wen FAQ threads have not been updated since August 2014, so some of the information is out of date and/or incomplete. I am planning to bring both of these threads up-to-date.

The Wen FAQ - the key Wen links is a simplified and shorter version of Wen 101

Thank you all for not posting to this new Wen 101 thread until I have finished reconstructing it because I'm not sure how many individual messages/posts I will need to use to add all the Wen information to this thread.

I've tried to streamline the information included, so it's easy to find what you're looking for: 

* key Wen information threads

* types of Wen cleansing conditioners 

* most popular Wen products 

* Wen Abbreviations Glossary 

* Wen scents

* Wen cleansing conditioner formulas - reasons people use particular formulas

* number of pumps of Cleansing Conditioner to use

* information on individual Wen products

* fun Wen threads

* best Wen discovery kits on QVC

* best Wen kits for overall value on QVC 

* past TSVs, OTOs, Gallons Tallies & Special Offers/Events

Below is message by message breakdown of where you can find specific types on Wen information in this updated Wen 101 thread:

--

PAGE 1 - Wen information general overview

--

* Wen FAQ: The Key Wen Links -- #2

* Types of Wen Cleansing Conditioners -- #3 

* Most Popular Wen Products -- #4 

* Wen Abbreviations Glossary: by products & scents (w/ scent info) -- #5 and #6

* Wen Cleansing Conditioner Formulas -- reasons people use particular formulas -- #7 

* Cleansing Conditioner: number of pumps to use -- #8 

* Tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site -- #9 

-- 

PAGE 2 - Wen Products

--

* general overview -- #11 

* Cleansing Conditioners: which scents to choose -- #12 

* Cleansing Conditioners: individual scents - #13 and #14 

* Cleansing Conditioners: general info & "how to" -- #15 and #16 

* Information about Individual Products -- #17 - #19 

* Product Lines: overview -- #20 

-- 

PAGE 3 - hair care & Wen product best values

--

* Wen Hair Care Tips -- #22-24 

* Fun Wen Threads -- #25 

* Wen Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- #26 

* Best Wen Kits for Overall Value at QVC -- #27 

* past OTOs & Special Offers -- #28

* Running Tallies for past TSVs & Wen Gallons / Special Event Listings -- #29

* more posts to be added Smiley Happy

I'm also hoping that others will add their own Wen expertise to this thread.

Enjoy!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 New Wen products & special values November Chat 2015 - Wen News - periscope Wen Abbreviations Glossary -

-- 

WEN PRODUCTS - General Information Overview 

_____ 

Note -- Best Values for Wen Products threads are listed first, and followed by those for the Cleansing Conditioners. Next are the listings for all the other individual Wen products (in alpha sequence). Wen Products general information is listed at the end. -- I have moved the Wen Hair Care Tips information to post #5 (which is the post directly below this one).

_____ 

Why Wen? -- Wen -- Do you see a big difference in your hair from when you were using regular shampoo? -- Finally cutting off my pre-WEN hair

_____ 

Best Values for Wen Products -- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- items in TSV kits and prices -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC ---- Newbie Quest - When do you recommend buying? -- related info -- Wen TSV - BGT option is sold out, but if you choose the A-D plan then you can switch over to BGT fo.... -- Wen - whatever happened to the overstock TSV A-D kits?

_____ 

Cleansing Conditioner - allergies

wheat-free: soy-based (POM, 613 & Seasonals) or rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas

soy-free: rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas

nut-free: soy-based (613 & TFP) or rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas 

* NOTE: This section was last updated in August 2014, and will be updated later this summer.

_____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Cleansing Conditioners -- which scents to choose

Cleansing Conditioner - asking which scent to start with -- TT, POM, SAM & BGT are considered to be the most universal (almost everyone seems to incorporate TT into their routine including Wen models & QVC hosts) -- Need advice pretty new to wen. What to order for tsv?

--

Cleansing Conditioner - asking which scents Wenners use -- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC ---- Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,.... -- Wen?..Gluten Free? ---- Wen Newbie Needs Advice on New March TSV -- Wen - which are your favorite CC formulas? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents? -- Questions about switching CC formulas -- Do you have a favorite WEN? -- Wen For the Seasons -- Does anyone use one formula exclusively? -- How Often Do You Alternate Flavors? -- Mixed or Straight Up? -- Wen - if you like a particular CC, but not its scent, have you added another CC or oil to it to cha.... -- CC's that don't work for you -- What smells the least -- Wen - if you like a particular CC, but not its scent, have you added another CC or oil to it to cha.... ---- Most Moisturizing? -- Which has more moisture between Bamboo and Pomegranate since I can't use Fig? -- fig or bamboo green tea formula -- What is the best cleansing conditioner to use for volume? -- Which formula do you use for your post-oil treatment cleanse? -- Got email for the wen tsv. Which do you suggest ---- Bamboo Green Tea vs Tea Tree -- Which has more moisture between Bamboo and Pomegranate since I can't use Fig? -- fig or bamboo green tea formula -- WEN Lavender or Pomegranate?

-- 

Cleansing Conditioner - mixing scents -- My favorite all time WEN mix -- Questions about switching CC formulas  -- Wen - if you like a particular CC, but not its scent, have you added another CC or oil to it to cha.... -- Wen - which are your favorite CC formulas? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents?

____ 

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Cleansing Conditioners -- individual scents

Note: Seasonal scent threads are in message/post following this one.

____

Cleansing Conditioner - core formulas -- SAM, TT, FIG, LAV, & CA (all are wheat-based), and POM (soy-based & wheat-free) -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- Wen?..Gluten Free? ---- CA -- Cucumber Aloe question -- I Think I Can Change My Core Formula - Yay! -- Cucumber Aloe? -- Suggestions for oily hair... -- FIG -- Wen Fig Scent -- Stressing about selection of my A/D to ship on 3/18- Fig? -- LAV -- Lavender or Tea Tree? -- POM -- Question for experienced Wen users... -- Question about Pomegranate WEN -- TT -- Shocked! Tea Tree is my new fav! -- Tea Tree CC -- I get the TT raves! -- Lavender or Tea Tree? -- Suggestions for oily hair... -- HELP, please! Really, really oily hair and face..... -- Does WEN work on Dandruff? Will it help eliminate it? -- Tea Tree Scent Question -- am i nuts?--i love the smell of tea tree...

--

Cleansing Conditioner - 613 (soy-based, wheat-free & nut-free) -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- Wen?..Gluten Free? ---- When to use 613 Conditioner Cleanser -- ~How do you use 613 Ultra Nourishing Daily Cleansing Treatment?~ -- 613 Question -- concentrated formula -- Wen - you use fewer pumps for the 613 Cleansing Conditioner that for all other CCs & suggested numb.... -- nut-free/soy free -- Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,.... -- beauty ingredients -- Wen - beauty ingredients especially concentrated in 613 & Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners which hel.... -- amino acids/protein -- 613 Question -- Six Thirteen -- 613 for First Cleanse -- 613 vs. remoist -- Remoist vs. 613

--

Cleansing Conditioner - restorative forumulas -- BGT & MIF (rice-based, wheat-free & nut-free) -- at this point, I haven't added any MIF threads -- Wen Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner (ingredients) -- Wen Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner - Update -- Help please ( bamboo/tea) -- What does everyone think of the Bamboo formula? -- Bamboo Green Tea - what is the closest comparison? -- Bamboo impressed !!!! -- Bamboo green tea? -- Bamboo Green Tea - what is the closest comparison? -- How moisturizing is the new Bamboo Green Tea? -- Bamboo Green Tea :-( -- Received my BGT -- What does BGT smell like? -- 32oz Bamboo Green Tea available as an optionSmiley Happy ---- Bamboo Green Tea--new size

--

Cleansing Conditioner - men's formula -- threads will be added later this summer

--

Cleansing Conditioner - Kids CCs - Apple, Watermelon & Strawberry-Banana (all are rice-based, wheat-free, soy-free, nut-free & menthol-free) -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC (3-pc Kids CC set) -- Wen Great Value - Rice-Based Kids CC 3-piece set is as cost effective as buying Wen Kids CC by the .... -- Wen?..Gluten Free? ---- Is menthol in every "flavor" of Wen? -- New Favorite Combo: Wen Kids Apple and Bamboo Green Tea -- Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,.... -- Wen Great Value - Rice-Based Kids CC 3-piece set is as cost effective as buying Wen Kids CC by the .... (3-pc set is now $64 -- total cost still only $8 more than gallon)

____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Cleansing Conditioner -- Seasonal scents

Cleansing Conditioner - Seasonals - SMC, SHP & SCLV are the current summer Seasonals. Additionally, FGP, WVM & SOB are available in the gallon containers through June 2015 (all Seasonals are soy-based)

--

Seasonal scents - general information -- A Wen for All Seasons -- it sounds like they going to make the prior Wen Seasonals available again .... -- Wen?..Gluten Free? -- Why Buy Seasonals? -- First set of seasonals vs Second set of seasonals.. -- In celebration of this week being the official start of spring... -- What SC should a non-mixologist use with Seasonals? -- Why Buy Seasonals? -- Maybe seasonal's don't work for my hair? 

--  

Spring Green Tea Gardenia (SGGT) -Spring Orange Blossom and Spring Gardenia Green Tea -- Late to Spring Gardenia Green Tea -- Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT)  

-- 

Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) -- I don't know what an Orange Blossom smells like. -- My review of the new Spring Orange scent -- Just tried the new Spring Orange Blossom CC... -- Spring Orange Blossom Available Now -- Spring Orange Blossom -- Is the Spring Orange Blossom scent a stronger floral than Spring Gardenia Green Tea? -- Does it make anyone else chuckle?  

-- 

Fall Apple Spice (FAS) -- FAS - different bottle, different experience (WEN) -- Wen scents 

--

Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) -- Winter Cranberry Mint scent!! -- Cranberry Mint drying for anyone? 

-- 

Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) -Winter Cranberry Mint scent!! 

-- 

future possibilities -- Spring Cherry Blossom 

____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Cleansing Conditioner -- general information overview

Cleansing Conditioner - allergies

wheat-free: soy-based (POM, 613 & Seasonals) or rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas

nut-free: soy-based (613 & TFP) or rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas 

* NOTE: This section was last updated in August 2014, and will be updated later this summer.  

--

Cleansing Conditioner - changing things up -- Oh boy....maybe I need to take a few steps back?  

--

Cleansing Conditioner - discovery kits -- lets you try a number of different CCs to find out what works best for your hair -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- new user starter questions -- Wen - which are your favorite CC formulas? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents? ---- What Cleanser Did You Use Today?

--

Cleansing Conditioner - general questions -- Wen -- Do you see a big difference in your hair from when you were using regular shampoo? -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- Wen?..Gluten Free? -- Does WEN work on Dandruff? Will it help eliminate it? ---- Newbie question -- Aminos vs. What? (types of CCs) -- A WEN ? (dyes in CCs) -- Wen - you use fewer pumps for the 613 Cleansing Conditioner that for all other CCs & suggested numb.... -- "Soaking" wet hair question -- soaking wet hair -- When did you start to see results? -- Is menthol in every "flavor" of Wen? -- Frankenbottle Tips -- How quickly do you go through bottles? -- WEN data collection -- I would love a "naked" version of WEN -- Has anyone had a bottle of Wen CC go past its prime?  

--

Cleansing Conditioner - hair type/need -- African American (see post #5, Wen Hair Care Tips for more listings) -- Any Women of Color WEN Users Out There? -- African American - Transistioning from permed to natural hair -- curly (see post #5, Wen Hair Care Tips) -- Been Using WEN for Over a Year....Having Trouble With Flat Hair. Help Weners -- frizzy -- I tried Wen but am not getting expected results -- long -- Wen for long hair? -- porous -- Any advice for hair that won't retain moisture? -- thin/fine -- Which Wen For Very Baby Fine Hair -- WEN for Fine, Limp Hair - Need Recommendations for Best Formula -- New to Wen/Help Please -- Bamboo Green Tea - what is the closest comparison? -- Stressing about selection of my A/D to ship on 3/18- Fig? -- volume -- What is the best cleansing conditioner to use for volume?

--

Cleansing Conditioner - used as a body cleanser -- 613 - Magic for dry winter skin -- Have any ladies tried this yet?

--

Cleansing Conditioner - used as a facial cleanser -- Quick question using CC's as face wash -- Thank you for the great suggestions! -- Paging Vermint re: Great Idea of CC as Mini Mask! -- Have any ladies tried this yet?

--

Cleansing Conditioner - used as a lotion/moisturizer -- Wen CC as body moisturizer/lotion? 

____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Cleansing Conditioner -- "how to"

Cleansing Conditioner - changing things up -- Oh boy....maybe I need to take a few steps back?  

--

Cleansing Conditioner - "how to" cleanse -- cleansing -- Newbie question -- New to Wen/Help Please -- Second Cleanse Question -- Wen 101 (a different Wen 101 thread) -- How do I use the CC for the very first time? -- Wen Bamboo Green Tea Question -- NEW User- Why is my hair oily!?!?! -- WEN - what I don't like.... -- specific issues -- For how many minutes do you rinse? -- Cool vs. Cold Water -- Squeezing product into hair -- First or Second Cleansing -- When you "over" WEN - what do you do? -- Is anyone using Wen everyday? -- Do you love what WEN does for your hair, but...

--

Cleansing Conditioner - "how to": starting out -- Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC ---- Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,.... -- Wen?..Gluten Free? ---- Suggestions Please... -- Question For WEN Ladies!-- Wen Newbie Needs Advice on New March TSV -- Newbie question -- Ready to Try -- new user starter questions -- Newbie Questions --- How do I use the CC for the very first time? -- Am I doing this right? -- Second Cleanse Question -- Have I lost my mind?I remember one cleanse only! -- "Soaking" wet hair question -- NEW User- Why is my hair oily!?!?! -- Please help me! ---- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -- CC & other Wen products -- New to wen, need some advice please. -- In Love...

--

Cleansing Conditioner - leave-in -- Help with leave in conditioning -- Thanks for showing us how to use Wen as a leave-in, Chaz! -- Mixing oil with cleansing conditioner for leave-in -- Squeezing product into hair

--

Cleansing Conditioner - mixing scents -- My favorite all time WEN mix -- Questions about switching CC formulas -- Wen - if you like a particular CC, but not its scent, have you added another CC or oil to it to cha.... -- Wen - which are your favorite CC formulas? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents?

-- 

Cleansing Conditioner - Wen bottles -- Wen - 4oz. botlles that are the perfect size to hold a useful small amount of Cleansing Conditioner -- Wen Cleansing Conditioner - getting the last bit of Wen out of the bottle -- Lotion Saver Bottle couplers make it easy to pour CC from one bottle to another bottle 

-- 

Cleansing Conditioner - Wen improvisation -- Wenning -- outside the box? -- Does anyone besides me use WEN as a conditioner after a shampoo? -- Third time's the charm? Here's hoping... -- Watering Down Your Wen -- Frankenbottle Tips 

____

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- individual Products -- G-S listings 

____ 

Glossing Serum -- wen smoothing glossing serum duo ---- Do you use GS and SC together? -- Oil vs Serum ---- Ask the WEN Team About the March Today's Special Value® & More 

--

Mousse -- WEN Mousse - Loving it!! -- 613 Mousse or POM Mousse -- Volumizing Treatment Spray vs. Nourishing Mousse? -- Apply mousse to soaking wet hair? -- "Soaking" wet hair question 

--

Remoist -- Hallelujah Remoist -- Remoist - Quick Question! -- Remoist question -- Priming for Remoist treatment? -- Remoist - rinse question? -- Anyone ever leave-in the Re-Moist mask? -- Wen Re-moist Hydrating Mask - ingredients for each formula -- Remoist Formulas? ---- 8 oz remoist....too tight caps? ---- Remoist vs. 613

--

Replenishing Treatment Mist -- Wen RTM puts moisture back into your hair -- Are all RTM formulas the same ? -- How to handle between cleansing days -- What & How Do You Use RTM? -- Am I missing something with the mist? -- Using Wen RTM on your face -- Anyone use Wen Oil or RTM on their face? -- homemade RTM -- Help on RTM Recipe -- Homemade Spray Bottles! -- Spray Bottles -- More help! ---- Volumizing Treatment Spray vs Replenishing Treatment Mist

--

Styling Creme -- Styling creme?? -- WEN Styling Creme? -- Styling Cream -- Advise for Fine, Thin, and Naturally Curly hair ---- What SC should a non-mixologist use with Seasonals? -- Is almond mint the only anti frizz styling cream ? -- Glossing Serum w/ SC -- Do you use GS and SC together? -- If you don't like the styling creme, use the serum. ---- "Soaking" wet hair question -- How do I get the last of the 613 Styling Creme out of the bottle?

____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- individual Products -- T-Z listings 

____ 

Texture Balm -- Texture Balm -- Texture balm????

--

Treatment Oils -- Benefits of Oils ---- 1st Oil Treatment - WOW -- Any suggestions? Just received my first Wen oils...... -- I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! -- Anyone use Wen Oil or RTM on their face? -- HELP, please! Really, really oily hair and face..... -- Oils + decent blow dryer = 75% less hair loss -- Mixing oil with cleansing conditioner for leave-in -- WEN Oil - how frequently do you use and how long does a 4 oz bottle last for you? -- Wen Treatment Oil - ingredients for each formula ---- Glossing serum vs treatment oil -- Oil vs Serum ---- Wen original oils vs. new treatment oils -- old oil vs new oils -- Fig Oil description: "Oil" vs "Treatment Oil" -- video demo -- Chaz does a demo in this QVC video (skip to 4:18 to see the demo. You can also add some drops to your leave in, styling cream, or glossing serum) -- homemade basic oil blend: 95% jojoba oil and a maximum of 5% total essential oils -- other oils -- Coconut Oil....Have You Tried It? -- Would olive oil work on scalp ? -- If you like how a WEN CC formula works on your hair...

--

Treatment Oils - tea tree oil -- Tea Tree - Love this stuff! -- ? about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil -- Tea Tree Oil Uses -- dramatic results after 6 months of TT oil treatments -- Suggestions for oily hair... -- HELP, please! Really, really oily hair and face..... -- Does WEN work on Dandruff? Will it help eliminate it? -- Tea Tree Scent Question -- am i nuts?-- i love the smell of tea tree...

--

Treatment Oils -- favorite oils ---- treatment aspect -- Let's discuss the Wen WCM oil... your thoughts please --  If you could only choose one oil, which would it be?Smiley Happy -- scent -- Fig or Sweet almond oil? -- SOB -- SOB oil = marvelous -- Compared SOB oil to REAL orange blossoms from my orange tree

--

Volumizing Treatment Spray -- 1st Time Using VTS -- Volumizing Spray........any suggestions? -- Has Chaz spoken about... -- Wen Poll: Which Volumizing Treatment Spray formula do you like best? -- Volumizing Treatment Spray -- Finishing product? --- Need VOLUME!!!!! -- "Soaking" wet hair question ---- Volumizing Treatment Spray vs. Hair Spray -- Volumizing Treatment Spray vs. Nourishing Mousse? -- Volumizing Treatment Spray vs Replenishing Treatment Mist 

____

Honored Contributor

WEN PRODUCTS -- Individual Products -- general product overview 

____ 

Wen Products -- What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? ---- What Wen products do you use & which are your favorites? -- Question For WEN Ladies! -- What's your regimen? -- If you like how a WEN CC formula works on your hair... -- Please share your Wen routine -- "Soaking" wet hair question -- FIG CC (flyaway hair) -- Other Uses for Wen Products -- Wen 101 (this thread) ---- Wen - which are your favorite CC formulas? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents? ---- Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,.... -- SHP CC is nut-free

--

Wen Products - "how to": starting out -- I only use the CC, no other Wen products -- New to wen, need some advice please. -- In Love... -- If you like how a WEN CC formula works on your hair... -- WEN/Help please!

--

Wen Products - mixing different products together -- Custom Mixing Wen Products, What Combo Do You Use? -- Do you use GS and SC together?

----

Wen Products - 613 line -- all products contain the amino acid complex and have skin care ingredients added to them. CC, SC, RTM & mousse are all nut-free.

--

Wen Products - Seasonal lines -- SOB -- Spring Orange Blossom set with oil up (3/13) -- Wen - Spring Orange Blossom 3-pc Collection (A254689) for $44.00 is back in stock -- includes 16oz .... (4/14) -- Spring Orange Blossom 3-pc still hasn't shipped yet -- Wen - Spring Orange Blossom products - CC, Oil, RMT, & 3-pc Set

----

Wen Products - how do scents in accessory products affect performance -- Do Flavors Matter for RTM SC and VTS? -- Wen - which are your favorite scents?

--

Wen Products - QVC listings -- WEN Chaz

--

Wen Products & Kits - upcoming -- New Wen Goodies for June!!! -- No 613 Oil For June

----

----

Wen Products - for those with allergies - cleansing conditioners

nut-free: soy-based (613 & FTP) or rice-based (Kids & BGT) formulas

----

Wen Products - for those with nut allergies - product lines (per Chaz Dean's Salon on 3/25/14)

* 613 products: CC, SC, RTM & mousse

* some POM products: SC, GS, & Re-Moist are nut-free. -- Sweet almond oil (nut-based) is in the POM CC, RTM, BCC, & BL. -- Sweet almond fruit (nut-based?) is in the mousse and finishing creme. -- POM Treatment Oil (forgot to ask) -- to be safe, read the ingredients listings.

* Wen - only some products in POM line are nut-free -- current 613 products are all nut-free (CC, SC,....

FTP CC is nut-free.

____