WEN

Frequent Contributor

Hurricane Matthew took out my power early last Saturday. We lost phone, internet, even cell service.  My power is finally back on but my phone and internet are still down.  Now that my cell service is back up, I can get online with my hotspot.  I am thankful that I am not flooded out like many of my neighbors.  It really has been a mess, many of the roads are still not operational.  It is a very sad time for so many.

I missed Chaz's entire visit but that may have been a good thing for my budget.  Did I miss a bunch of great sales?  When will he be back on? 

Super Contributor

@Doherty  Glad your power is back on.  Chaz will be on QVC November 13.  Think it will be MIF EDP.  There were good deals but he said there will be good ones in November and his TSV in December.

Respected Contributor

@Jax016 wrote:

@Doherty  Glad your power is back on.  Chaz will be on QVC November 13.  Think it will be MIF EDP.  There were good deals but he said there will be good ones in November and his TSV in December.

I really hope that the December tsv seasonal scents are better than what was offered last year.  I won't purchase unless I will use at least 4 out of the 5 formulas that are included.  Same for the core formulas.  The December, 2014 tsv included SAM, POM, FIG, TT and BGT.  It would be great if a similar selection was offered this December.  It would be nice to see SAM, POM, TT, FIG and FF also.  I don't really use most of the core formulas very often except for TT but do like SAM and POM even though, I don't purchase them very often.   

Trusted Contributor

@Doherty wrote:

Hurricane Matthew took out my power early last Saturday. We lost phone, internet, even cell service.  My power is finally back on but my phone and internet are still down.  Now that my cell service is back up, I can get online with my hotspot.  I am thankful that I am not flooded out like many of my neighbors.  It really has been a mess, many of the roads are still not operational.  It is a very sad time for so many.

I missed Chaz's entire visit but that may have been a good thing for my budget.  Did I miss a bunch of great sales?  When will he be back on? 

@Doherty, glad to hear you faired well through the storm. Going without power that long is certainly a burden. Call your insurance company, ours covered food spoilage due to the power outage here. 

My heart goes out to your neighbors as the others here experiencing the same. This storm put some things in perspective and although it wasnt easy, we did get some good quality time with our daughter while the power was down. As soon as it came back she left us like we had the plague, lol. Hubby and I are actually considering "power down" time (shutting off all electronics once a week for a few hours).

#IAmTeamWen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info! I remembered him coming in December but I was hoping for a visit before that. I will be looking forward to a visit in November.  

Super Contributor

@nikki48 LOL.  That is the problem we rely on electronic for everything.  I am one who is so hooked on TV but one time power was off and I was what????  LOL  we need electronics for everything.....when it happened did a word search with a flashlight LOL  Now you can get books downloaded to your devices.  Glad your insurance Nikki told care of the spoilage.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@Doherty wrote:

@Doherty, glad to hear you faired well through the storm. Going without power that long is certainly a burden. Call your insurance company, ours covered food spoilage due to the power outage here. 

My heart goes out to your neighbors as the others here experiencing the same. This storm put some things in perspective and although it wasnt easy, we did get some good quality time with our daughter while the power was down. As soon as it came back she left us like we had the plague, lol. Hubby and I are actually considering "power down" time (shutting off all electronics once a week for a few hours).

Lol!! I know what you mean about your daughter leaving you like you had the plague when the power came back on.  My daughter usually starts complaining whenever the internet or our phones go down. The reason she was so gracious this time is because it seemed trivial compared to what everyone else had experienced.  

I didn't think about calling my insurance company about the food spoilage.  Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

Nikki48, I saw your post.  It must have been extremely painful.  You said she left us like we had the plague.  I know it's only a joke but it's a hurt that goes beyond.  XO

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Nikki48, I saw your post.  It must have been extremely painful.  You said she left us like we had the plague.  I know it's only a joke but it's a hurt that goes beyond.  XO

@77yangya, I didnt take it to heart. After 3 days she was being a typical teenager dying to get back to her electronics. Hubby and I just laughed and joked about it. Both of my girls are very loving but they do enjoy their devices, they get it honestly... I am a tech geek.

I downloaded movies to my ipad before the storm hit, figuring we may lose power. So once everyone's devices died, we all sat together watching movies on the ipad. I said then she was going to abandon us once the power came back... and she did.

#IAmTeamWen