WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: WENNER'S...I Need Some Advice

@rochelleS wrote:

Ladies!

I just went thru Chaz's product recommender with my girlfriend and I'm totally surprised at what came up...

1. Bamboo Green Tea

2. Cucumber Aloe

3. Lavender

I thought surely there'd be TT, FIG, 613, BS, etc, etc....

I'm totally stymied at these rec's and would really appreciate your thoughts. Wow.

@rochelleS   I disagree with all of the formulas on the recommender. I agree with you on TT, FIG, and BS. I lean more towards 319 than 613 but go with CCs that you already have. If BS doesn't work that well for you I would definatly pass that along to her, along with some TT should get her started real well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Phew! I'm really glad you replied @FleaMktQn , I 'bout fell off my chair when I saw what was recommended. I've been rooting thru my stash. I really do have more WEN than brains, lol, but I truly am excited to share. I do not want to overwhelm my gf and am trying to keep it fairly simple to start. So far, I'm thinking BS, TT, SAM and I found a 16oz SCM. I have a big bag with SC, RTM, mousse, a pot of ReMoist and a comb, if she doesn't have a suitable one. Can't remember which scents these all are right now but am trying for compatible selections. I found my Aquis towels(love) but where's the darn turbies??? I've been away more than home for almost 2 yrs with my sisters injury and am not organized as usual. Thats got to change!!! Stay tuned...later. 🙄😡🧡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS   I think you've got it covered Sweet Lady Heart

We haven't had an update on your sister in quite awhile, I hope she is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FleaMktQn 

I forgot to add TT oil will be included too.

You're the Sweet Lady, bless everlovin' WEN heart for asking about my sister. There's no question, she suffered a very serious, life changing injury. I've gotta give it to her though...she's toughing it out like a champ and could truly be a poster child with her PT. She found an incredible group, a team that works diligently to get her back to as normal as she can be. There was over 40+ days she didn't go due to the virus, even though she was considered an essential patient. More importantly, her son and his gf just had their first child on April 22 and sis didn't want to risk any exposure to this precious child. The whole family went into quarantine with his pending arrival. So she's a new gramma and delighted, as we all are. She's stiff now and has lost flexibility and that's being addressed as she's starting back up with therapy. Her therapists have her working with a10 lb bag of sand to replicate holding an infant. I thought that was really neat. She said she's sore yet again very motivated. She says the metal in her leg itches alot, makes her crazy. She looks good.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS   Thanks for the update. Glad to hear She's doing well and so glad she found a great group. Congrats on the new family member I know it gives Sis something to look forward to and extra incentive to keep going.

Does She have some NBT? I expect She does Smiley Wink I am thinking it might help with the itching. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

Any AA WENNERS on the board today? I would really appreciate your input. @Diva1Donna  are you around?

@rochelleS  I am just now seeing this. I haven't been online for several days. The first CC's I started with were FIG,TT, LAV, and 613. Out of all of those I preferred LAV or 613. TT, SAM, 319, or 613 would be a start if that's what you have on hand. To be honest, I really prefer seasonals or rice formulas like BGT to any of the core scents. When I gift Wen to friends and family, I usually give them a seasonal or rice based formula. It's a better fragrance experience for those switching from shampoo and they are more treatment based. I have found several friends and family have not really liked the core fragrances as much and wouldn't stick with Wen because they were not a fan of the scent. I usually ask if they like floral, fruity, or minty fragrances and go from their preference. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@riley1 

Thank you. I'm excited to share.

I have extra Bella Spirit that I don't use so that's one on the top of my list. But take a look at my post above with the results of the recommender from Chaz's site. Threw me a huge curve ball. I need more help !!!

@riley1 @FleaMktQn I was reading your posts, I have super baby fine, thin, (as in @bebe777 thin) remember she used to say she could sit in front of her desk fan & it would dry her hair! lol ...I could always relate.

.I have had those come up for me on Chaz's finder, but I always stick with the moisture CC's & have much better results..Even Fig which you would think would be heavy but actually the moisture really helps.. 

Cucumber Aloe is only  an add in for me, so I also think your original choices were good..

*my thin hair is due to my "Mom", Wen has certainly helped though I have a better head of hair at my age than she did, so I thank Chaz for that!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diva1Donna 

Good to see you again and thanks so much for responding. 

I ended up putting together this first pkg that had TT, SAM, Bella Spirit and SCM CC'S. Also included TT oil, LAV remoist, WVM SC, and what I thought was LAV RTM but it was some volumizer spray, oops, I'll get her the rtm when we meet next time. I do have lots of LAV, its one of my core products, plus BGT, 319 on hand. Thats not counting the seasonals, which I'm glad to share too. I do not want to overwhelm her the first time out, so there will be more to come... i also threw in a mousse and a sample of Joy edp! She's very receptive and I'm excited knowing what fun Wen can be to use and the benefits it brings for us. 

Do you use extra sc in your hair? I seem to remember Chaz mentioning that Stacey, his AA model uses more in her leave in.

As an aside, I wanted to reach out but unfortunately lost your email when my phone died last year. I've been thinking about you. Your son in college, time does fly! Hope your Mom and Aunts  are well too. I know you all were very close. Be well, stay safe and don't be a stranger here! ❤❤❤

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FleaMktQn 

I did give sis some NBT. A big pot that she gave back to me??? She did use the smaller tube I gave her though. She likes the cream one if her former coworker makes up in lavender. She's pretty attached to using that. What can I say? 

She's used various oils for healing and itching, in addition to Benedryl and gummy bears, if you get my drift. Theres a tremendous amount of metal in her leg. That's what is holding it together and her doc said it was one of the worst injuries he has seen and this is his specialty. She may need an additional fusion surgery but her Dr said she'll be the one to tell him based on her comfort going forward.

The baby is just too precious and darling. We are all so delighted!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Diva1Donna 

Good to see you again and thanks so much for responding. 

I ended up putting together this first pkg that had TT, SAM, Bella Spirit and SCM CC'S. Also included TT oil, LAV remoist, WVM SC, and what I thought was LAV RTM but it was some volumizer spray, oops, I'll get her the rtm when we meet next time. I do have lots of LAV, its one of my core products, plus BGT, 319 on hand. Thats not counting the seasonals, which I'm glad to share too. I do not want to overwhelm her the first time out, so there will be more to come... i also threw in a mousse and a sample of Joy edp! She's very receptive and I'm excited knowing what fun Wen can be to use and the benefits it brings for us. 

Do you use extra sc in your hair? I seem to remember Chaz mentioning that Stacey, his AA model uses more in her leave in.

As an aside, I wanted to reach out but unfortunately lost your email when my phone died last year. I've been thinking about you. Your son in college, time does fly! Hope your Mom and Aunts  are well too. I know you all were very close. Be well, stay safe and don't be a stranger here! ❤❤❤

@rochelleS Hi! Yes, I do use a couple of extra pumps of styling cream mixed with a dropper of oil. I hope your friend enjoys her care package. Thanks your thoughts, all my family is safe and well. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your family to stay safe and well. I am wishing your sister a speedy recovery. I will send you an email. ❤️❤️❤️