WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN : which Fall scent for FIG user?

@AmericanBulldogMom  Thank you!  FVWP is ordered but I'm going to go to his site as well regarding the apple!!

Esteemed Contributor

I happen to think Chaz Dean's Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin is just about the best fragrance on this planet!!!

But I almost didn't order it when it was released last fall because there were many negative comments about the scent from those who'd ordered early.

They almost scared me away from finding that heavenly fragrance. Vanills beanpumpkin seedand sandalwood. 

I thought I hated sandalwood. I did 40 years ago, but not now.

Reaction to scent is a very individual thing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@x Hedge Thank you! The 619/319 dried out her hair and made it like straw so the FIG would be used instead.  Hmmm...wonder if the FVWP and FIG scents would clash?

@SahmIam  Another vote for FVWP here Woman Wink

And I have mixed it with FIG and I think they mix well Smiley Very Happy

Have Y'all tried the tip @x Hedge gave us for whipping a little water into your WEN? That really works great, there is a thread on it

Valued Contributor

From my experience, I go along with the Fall Winter Vanilla Pumpkin and Fall Apple Spice as the best fall CC's for Fig users.  Fig is also my core (used to be Tea Tree) and I find those two are the most moisturizing.  So glad Chaz still has FAS on his site, half price yet!

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  Thank you!  FVWP is ordered but I'm going to go to his site as well regarding the apple!!

@SahmIam I think you made the right decision.  I think the FVWP is the most moisturizing.  The FGP dried my hair unless I mixed it with something.  I use FIG or TT or MIF on my 1st and then a seasonal for my 2nd.  I have naturally curly hair.

Honored Contributor

If you're open to rice instead of seasonal the Mandrin Italian Fig is excellent!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@posterchild...FAS is not gone. We can get it on Chaz’s site.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife - woot!  That's great news, thanks for sharing!  I bought a gallon last year and think another should be added to my stash just in case the new version doesn't have the maple syrup in it.  

So let me update my post to OP: FAS is wonderfully moisturizing and a great companion for fig.  Just know that it smells like a maple cinnamon baked treat, not so much an apple, and it's one scent Chaz made that lingers in the hair.  Some don't like that, despite the fact that people on this board begged Chaz to make a scent linger that lingers in the hair.  If the scent sounds nice to you, get some from Chaz's site - it's 1/2 off!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll also add that I never wanted or will want a scent that lingers in my hair and it used to bum me out when people asked for it, because I didn't need want it and know Chaz really listened to his customers.  But I never spoke against lingering scents because I'm not the kind (usually) to stomp on others, so it figures that FAS - my HG - lingers!  But the scent really grew on me over time.  

In fact, I also detested the scent of Fig when I first starred using Wen and couldn't believe that the one formula that (at the time, years ago) was great for my hair was so awful smelling.  But I used it anyway (after all, it made my hair gorgeous).  I like the scent now.  Don't crave it, but it's fine.  So how funny that the two scents that weren't my favorites are my HGs and are now scents I like just fine.  

There is only one Wen scent that, even if it was my HG, I absolutely couldn't use.  I'll keep that scent to myself, though, because some others here love it and I can appreciate how irritating it is to hear others needlessly bash your HG that you want in production forever, scent or no.  Those of us who use FAS went thought a lot of that!  No need to rain on anybody's else's parade.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam - sorry I didn't see your post earlier and it's perhaps a too late now, but something in FGP is irritating to my scalp, so I'm one of the few who've never been able to use it.  Even so, the one time I tried it, I didn't feel my hair came out looking very special.  Whereas FAS so kapow every single time.  Good luck!