WEN

Frequent Contributor

WEN shows previously recorded?

Why were so many of Chaz's shows pre recorded? Does Gina no longer work for him?
Respected Contributor

Re: WEN shows previously recorded?

Not that at all, it's due to the Q's new policy of showing pre-recorded hours of the original TSV presentation in the overnight hours.  They no longer broadcast live 24/7.  This has been going on for weeks now, I don't remember when they made the switch, but there was quite a bit of chatter about it on the Q boards when it first happened.  I am guessing it will cut down on the number of hosts they need, thus cutting corporate expenses and boosting corporate profits.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like this pre-recorded night time way of now. There are so many shift workers, Moms/Dads up with sick kids, etc. that like watching live.

They don't even bother to change the show. Every time I flip to Q or HSN it is another loop of the TSV.

Why do they bother paying for that air time? It certainly can't bring in enough sales to warrant it. Just go off the air and say good morning at 7am.

There are so many things I do not like about QVC and HSN now.

Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys 

@CamilleP  is absolutely right.  It has nothing to do with WEN, or any other specific brand.  QVC has been running the midnight presentation of every TSV all night long.  (Except for one hour at 1am).

It's been going on for quite a while now, and no one knows when, or if, it will go back to live programming overnight.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't recorded anything from late night in awhile. I always record Chaz so I won't miss anything from him. So sad for the host! I've wondered what has happened to some of them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I don't like this pre-recorded night time way of now. There are so many shift workers, Moms/Dads up with sick kids, etc. that like watching live.

They don't even bother to change the show. Every time I flip to Q or HSN it is another loop of the TSV.

Why do they bother paying for that air time? It certainly can't bring in enough sales to warrant it. Just go off the air and say good morning at 7am.

There are so many things I do not like about QVC and HSN now.

@gabstoomuch 

They would have to consider all 6 time zones.  It may be midnight on the East Coast, but in HI it's only 7pm.  I'd be bummed if QVC was off the air at 7pm.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.