WEN

Trusted Contributor

I do love my WEN ~ so dont get me wrong ~ but do you  think people ( excuding millionaires and celebrities ) actually pay the retail prices ?  the 16 oz body cream retail for $160 ~ and sometimes I think to myself ~ even at TSV and sale  prices how much i pay for a bottle of CC ~ I dont think i could ever bring myself to pay the reg prices.  

Honored Contributor

I used WEN for several years but decided to look for products more cost effective, I was looking for a way to cut corners before retirement.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to assume that's not a rhetorical question and say, If necessary, yes.

The very wealthy don't stay that way by foolishly wasting money. They shop better prices at QVC, and use coupon codes at Chaz's just like anyone else does.

But if needs must, and they can fit it into their expenses, why not?

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess 

Feel the same way about skin care, no longer spend the money that used to. 

Pleased with my decision, not only saving money, time wise. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @x Hedge.That's true, people don't stay that way by just throwing money away.  This has been proven by people that were rich and acted foolishly and ended up broke.  I feel this way, if there's something I REALLY want, not just a whim but truly want, I don't care how much it costs, I'm getting it.  Of course I do wait until it comes to the Q but if it doesn't well, I'm not gonna say on my last day, gak!  I should've gotten that thing I wanted so badly!   LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I used WEN for several years but decided to look for products more cost effective, I was looking for a way to cut corners before retirement.

What did you end up finding that substitued for WEN CC ~ 

Whenver I try shampoo and conditioner my hair feels very dry 

Honored Contributor

I only buy the products that I feel are worth the cost. So for me, that's the Wen CC, SC, Texturizing spray and the Mousse. I don't buy anything else in the Wen line anymore. I've never felt that the NBT was worth the price, i did get a jar in a kit and used it all. I've also quit buying Josie Maran body butter because I switched to Nubian Heritage which I like better and is much cheaper. Years ago I started blending my own hair oils, because I can customize them exactly the way I like and avoid ingredients that irritate and it's a fraction of the cost of the Wen oils. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval