WEN

Trusted Contributor

I have naturally curly hair and am always on the look out for the next best thing.

Anyone one with curly hair and good results with using mousse?

Blonde model Rebecca's hair looks so good.  My curls are somewhat similar to hers. 

Contributor

Re: WEN mousse and curly hair

Hi Shaunac--

I have curly hair and use Wen cleansing conditioner. I have not had luck with the Wen Mousse or Wen Oils. If I use those products, my hair frizzes terribly.  I use the cleansing conditioner, any one, and then styling gel, my hair doesn't frizz and the curls are good.

Esteemed Contributor

My hair is not that curly. I do have wavy/curly/frizzy hair. I use the CC, SC and the new Bella Spirit Defining & Enhancing product Chaz just came out with - 1 pump is all that I need.

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac 

Since your hair is similar to Rebecca's, I highly recommend the new Enhancing & Defining Cream.  It really is a curly girl's best friend!  I always thought my curls were great before it, but WOW, this takes them to a new level of defined curls!  I use the mousse, too, but I have seen an instant improvement in curl definition since incorporating the Enhancing & Defining Cream.  You may not need the mousse.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the replies, all, I appreciate it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shaunac 

Since your hair is similar to Rebecca's, I highly recommend the new Enhancing & Defining Cream.  It really is a curly girl's best friend!  I always thought my curls were great before it, but WOW, this takes them to a new level of defined curls!  I use the mousse, too, but I have seen an instant improvement in curl definition since incorporating the Enhancing & Defining Cream.  You may not need the mousse.

I'm glad he's made a styling product without silicones! Polyquaternium-72, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, and Polyquaternium-11 are great for curly hair.

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to the lavender oil in it - and the fact that even the QVC price, which is nearly a BOGO, costs nearly as much as my HG Ouidad gel. 

Respected Contributor

The mousse made my hair very shiny and gave me some nice definition, but it had no hold and did nothing to protect my hair from frizz in humidity. I needed to use a gel with it. None of the WEN styling products I've tried have enough hold for my hair and none of them have done anything to help prevent frizz in the humidity I live in most of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac, I wasted most of a bottle of mousse, 2or 3 pumps at a time, trying to get good results.
It wasn't until Chaz said "Benjamin Buttons" had 40 pumps in her hair to show it wasn't stiff & crispy. So I tried using 10 pumps, and finally I got a clue.

When I do use the mousse I now use at least 20 pumps in my long curly hair.
It's mostly air with a little liquid, so be generous, and squeeze it into curls from the ends, up. I also use it on dry hair.
It gives your curls memory.

I can now go out into misty fog or light snow, and if I just let my dampened hair air dry when I get inside without touching it at all, there's no frizz. ☺
Respected Contributor

I agree with @x Hedge .  I have very thin, baby fine hair. Some curl, but I started using double my amount of mousse & much better results..I love the mousse & it has turned into on of my favorite Wen products. Smiley Happy