WEN

Trusted Contributor

WEN models in between Chaz's visits

I often read posters commenting on the models' hair and how it looks when Chaz is not in town when they do their own hair - not nearly as well-coiffed when he or his stylists are doing their hair for his presentations.  Well I have made this observation and couldn't agree with those of you more.  But even worse, that Mary St. John actually wears a fall or major hair piece extension - what's up with that??  Why even bother having her with her regular hair during his presentations?  So transparent.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN models in between Chaz's visits

I will say I have bought lots and lots of Wen over the years and given it away.

It just doesn't work for me.  But if you listen (or read) whatever, it does say that their hair was professionally styled by his stylists.

Probably when they're on the air, they do their hair themselves.

I know when I come from getting my hair colored, styled, etc.  it looks a lot better than when I do it myself.

I wear a wig most of the time (my hair is very thin).  But even before that, I just didn't care for Wen.  

I think it's a personal thing.  I'd never tell anyone not to use or try it.  Each person is different.  The people I give it to love it.

Esteemed Contributor

@fitfuninformed - I'm a Wen user and it has given me hair that I can live with without it being chemically straightened to alleviate frizz, waves, curls. I have come to embrace my wavy/curly minus the frizz air-dried hair.

My hair would never look like the models hair - that's why I'm not a hair model, lol. Yes, it looked great when a stylist professionally dried it, but I could never achieve that look. And to be honest, I really don't want to spend an hour a day tending to my hair.

Thank goodness there are so many products on the market for us to choose. I also appreciate that Wen has great ingredients and is cruelty free.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe she overslept

Or

Maybe it's her day off, and she was called in at the last minute

Or

Maybe her arthritis is flaring up and her hands aren't up to styling her hair

Or

Maybe she's doing an Oil & Remoist treatment under there.

It's not like she's trying to deceive the audience by wearing false hair during a WEN presentation, Is it @fitfuninformed ?

Oh look! That WEN hair model is wearing some false hair today.

Here's some wig shaming for you, Mary!

Is this the standard now?

Respected Contributor

Of course the Wen models are gonna have their hair done nicely.  It does NOT negate the fact that Wen DOES give ME salon quality hair every day.

I'm a ten year Wen girl and I would NEVER use anything else on my hair.  Like one caller said, I think her name was Beth.  She said on air, the testimonial line, that anyone that isn't getting these results is not using it right. 

However, you're free to use whatever you like, me, I'll always be a Wen girl, why?  Because it works!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

I often read posters commenting on the models' hair and how it looks when Chaz is not in town when they do their own hair - not nearly as well-coiffed when he or his stylists are doing their hair for his presentations.  Well I have made this observation and couldn't agree with those of you more.  But even worse, that Mary St. John actually wears a fall or major hair piece extension - what's up with that??  Why even bother having her with her regular hair during his presentations?  So transparent.

It doesn't bother me in the least that Mary might have worn a hair extension.  I think it shows the flexibility of the product.

Once there was a model that had long length extensions ...shows you can still use Wen.  It was stated she was wearing them.

However, I do think Chaz' staff is MILES better than the typical QVC hair Stylists.  The girls hair do look FAB when he is in town.  I notice a dramatic dif in Kate's hair. BUT this is due to the talent of the stylist!  Their blow outs make all the dif in the world.  It's the styling of the hair NOT the product that is different!

Do you get the same results on your own as opposed to a salon professional?  I sure don't!!

My bucket list is to go to LA someday and have him do my hair...just once!

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLifeIf New York City is closer to where you live Chaz is in the process of renovating a building and is opening a Chaz (east coast) salon in the fall (if all reno goes as scheduled).

What he has not said yet is if he is going to work at both, alternating weeks maybe? He only works Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He could possibly work either salon to give East Coasters a "Chaz hair touch". I would love to have him cut and style mine. I would never be able to recreate what he can do though. He is definitely a master of his craft.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @gabstoomuch 

I have heard of the NYC Salon Plans.

I actually live in Western NY, about 8 hrs away but that is a lot closer than LA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t see the conflict.  The models’ hair doesn’t look as well-coifed when they do their own hair as opposed to when the WEN stylists do it?  I should hope not!  Those stylists are professional hair stylists.  The models are professional models.  Chaz talks about their color staying the same when he’s not there.  He never states their style is the same.

Years ago I complained to my hairdresser that I never could get my hair to look as good myself as when he did it.  He laughed and said, “I can’t get my own hair looking as good as when I have it done!”  And he went on to explain about how much easier it was for another person—just physically, even if they aren’t trained—to do your hair than to try and do it yourself.  Think about it.  

None of the women who model for any of the other hair vendors look the same when they style their own hair either.  It doesn’t reflect on the products.

And as far as Mary wearing any type of wig or fall, what does that have to do with her being a WEN model?  She certainly doesn’t wear anything during the WEN presentations.  

Apples and oranges. 🍎🍊

Contributor

I've noticed the same thing with the WEN models' hair. It's not that their hair isn't styled as well as when Chaz does it; it's that it often looks dry and dull. I don't understand it...I would think they're using it correctly on their own since they see how Chaz's stylist is doing it and which products are being used. I don't know why my hair often looks dry and dull when using WEN; I know I'm doing exactly what Chaz recommends. I have used all of his products and find that the only thing that makes my hair shiny and hydrated looking is an oil carefully applied so I don't use too much. My hair is extremely fine. I think Mary may be having an issue and have noticed that her hair started looking dry and dull too. Maybe due to some medication? I hope all is well with her.