WEN

Contributor

WEN ladies with fine hair....help!

My head is spinning as I look at all the formulations and scents!  Fine-haired ladies, what 2 or 3 WEN products (besides CC) can you not live without?  Thank you in advance!

Trusted Contributor

Re: WEN ladies with fine hair....help!

@LAPG wrote:

My head is spinning as I look at all the formulations and scents!  Fine-haired ladies, what 2 or 3 WEN products (besides CC) can you not live without?  Thank you in advance!

Just received my order today....I can not live without Spring Honey Lilac replenishing treatment mist.  I stockpile a supply every spring since you can not get it through the fall or winter.  The fragrance is amazing and it is good for “second day”  hair when I don’t have time to wash.   My second favorite is the peach.  I also like the mousse in the Lilac. It’s not too heavy for fine hair.  

Valued Contributor

@LAPG i have fine hair.  i would not dry without addition of styling creme.  i use tea tree for first cleanse and seasonal for second  I also use tea tree oil twice per week.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Any one of the seasonal CC will work for fine thin hair. I have very short salt and pepper hair that is fine and thin. I have tried all the WEN styling products and they are all good, I do blow my hair dry for extra volume and hold., the restorative finishing treatment spray is a must for me, not stiff or sticky.

Occasional Contributor

Tea tree oil! I use 2-3 times a week. I don't use any other stylingproducts, however I do find some cc work better for my fine porous wavy hair
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LAPG 

I highly suggest the texturing paste. I've used and love the Wen Men's Paste, which is currently only available on Chaz's website. This is my #1 styling product. It makes my hair "fat." I get amazing volume, enhanced texture, additional styling hold, bounce, shine and all are long lasting, leaving my hair soft and shiny. The very new intro of the Bella Spirit is currently available on the Q. The benefits and results should be the same, possibly better. I just ordered this and should arrive next week. Watch the video!

I also use Wen mousse successfully too. It also enhances my hair volume. Any of the seasonals in your preferred scent should be fine. But I do use and love the 613 mousse. This  (or 319/unscented choice) and all 613 items have been the top of the line in terms of treatment benefits and ingredients...until Bella Spirt, which appears to be a forerunner and very popular in the products released to date. Many on this forum speak highly of the results and benefits noticed. There's a mousse duo too. I use mine in the shower on wet hair. In addition to volume, I see more bounce, shine and lasting manageability with these products. Nothing sticky or weird crunchy residual in your hair at all. Just soft, shiny and fuller. Again watch the video and ask as many questions as you need about this and/or anything else.

Btw, my hair is longer, bra length, straight, salt 'n pepper, medium textured but getting finer. These products all work well very well for me. 

I do also like the Texturing Spray. I'll never have that "beachy" look, my hair is just too straight, but I do see a difference using this too. Primarily,  increased texture and volume. 

Do not forget to add back the CC and styling Cream after your second cleanse. It does make a difference! I use the mousse after my leave in, then TS on damp hair then lastly, the Paste on barely damp or dry hair. There really is no right or wrong way to use Wen. Just a learning curve to find what will best suit you. We are here to help. Which CC do you use?

Screenshot_2019-06-07-20-00-36-1.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07-20-09-27-1.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07-20-55-38-1.png

Respected Contributor

LAPG, besides the cleansing conditioners, the WEN products I cannot live without for my fine, wavy (by chemical treatment) hair are Tea Tree scalp treatment oil, any formula of WEN Re-Moist, and any formula of WEN styling creme.  I use the scalp treatment oil and re-moist at least once a week, and styling creme after I cleanse my hair.  I sometimes substitute WEN mousse for styling creme, if I know I won't be heat treating for sure, but I find I get smoother, shinier hair with styling creme, and the mousse give me "fluffier" hair, so it sort of depends on what look I'm going for.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it makes a bigger difference whether your hair is wavy/curly or straight than whether it is fine or course.  I have fine hair, but it’s wavy, so fig (highly moisturing) was best for me at the outset although I can use anything with really good success now (but not too much 613).  My guess is that others with fine hair will tell you fig is their least favorite...they probably have straight ihair.

Be prepared to do some experimenting to find your best formula.  Initially I hated Lavender (as compared to fig, but I preferred the scent of lavender so much more) and couldn’t figure out why it was recommended for volume, but now my hair loves it.  I think my hair was too moisture starved to get my best results with lavender when I first started.

The bottom line is that if you use Wen as directed, you’re likely to get great results no matter which formula you use.  It’s just that you’ll find that some formulas give you even better results.

As for other products, the styling crme is a must.  Personally, the retreatment mist makes my hair all frizzy, but I know this product is well liked my many wenners (who probably have straight hair or very curly hair...not wavy hair like me).

I’d start with those 2 products ( cleansing  conditioner iand styling cream) first.

Come back here and tell us how things go! 

Esteemed Contributor

@LAPG 

I have the same fine hair.

I just tried WEN  ,"Light"

I love it and the smell is teriffic.I was worried cause I bought a whole gallon and never saw a demo or read anything from anyone that uses it.

BTW I am on day 2 and no wash....lol  my hair looks like new. I have NEVER been able to go more than 1 day before.

I used to use Lavender and it was good but I could no longer stand smelling menthol all the time. Pomegranet is good too.

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Hi @rochelleS , YES!  I love the Bella Paste too.  The 613 Mousse and 613 Styling Creme REALLY create volume.  You can feel it when it's applied in the shower on soaking wet hair, just like Chaz suggests.  It's really an amazing feeling to feel your hair "swell" up!  LOL!

All those Bella products are amazing, I use them all.  I have the Wen Men's paste and love that too but the Bella has surpassed that for me.  I just love the Wen Men scent, I have the EDP.  I'm hoping for an NBT or an RTM in it but I seriously doubt it'll happen.  I keep some Wen Men Cleansing Conditioners around throughout they year on auto delivery so every now and then I get one so that I don't run out.  The Bella Mousse will create volume big time!  Great suggestions!