WEN

Respected Contributor

For those of you who have bought these brushes, how do you use them?  I am guessing they are primarily for blow-drying, something I almost never do, so I am having trouble justifying purchasing them.  I mostly use boar bristle brushes on my dry hair, and the WEN comb on wet hair.  Once in a blue moon, when I do blow dry, I use one of Chaz's bristle brushes to give the hair a little turn under on the ends.  Do I actually need more brushes if I don't blow dry regularly?

Valued Contributor

i have those brushes and really never use them. I never really blow dry my air either. I would not buy them again 

Super Contributor

I don't blow dry either, I don't even own a blow Dryer! Although of course I love how my hair looks when I have had it blown dry and styled at the salon professionally, many years ago though! In recent years when I get my hair cut or highlights done I just tell the stylist I'm air drying. Much easier for them Smiley Happy

Anyway. I bought the paddle brush just for general daily brushing and a good scalp massage, and the sculpting brush seemed interesting as it's supposed to give body, as I am always in need of volume! But now I am wondering if you also need a blow dryer with it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi, Souperkrys!  Are you putting the cleansing conditioner back into the hair as a leave in?  That and the styling creme make tons of volume without blow drying. 

The brushes are wonderful for root lift and refining.  I do blow dry.  You can use the brushes on wet or dry and get great results.  If you have curly hair, Chaz recommends not to break up the hair.  Just shape it when it's wet and let it dry that way.  Curls should be nicely formed. 

My hair is just kind of wavy but I like it to bounce, I'm not so much interested in volume as I feel I have enough of that anyway.  I love bounce, when I move my head, my hair bounces like crazy.  I get compliments all the time.

BTW, the mousse, now that REALLY gives volume too!  I'm a Wen girl going on nine years and my hair, and I don't color, has such deep luster and so very soft.  It looks like one of those hair samples because Wen keeps all the richness it should have in there!

If anyone hasn't tried any of the NBTs, I would suggest trying that too.  I've tried so many high end body lotions and potions and yeah, they smelled really good but no results.  That's why Chaz says....get it home and ONLY put it on half of you and SEE the difference.  The skin is nice and plump, very hydrated and feels just like a velvet blanket.  I feel his NBTs are one of his best achievements.  Unreal!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone, it sounds like these brushes aren't going to do me any significant good, especially as my hair gets longer and I style it less and less often (once a week for shopping).