WEN

Valued Contributor

Sonechko,  I am a big user of the Wen oils; will it remove my henna color when use it?   I have been following your henna thread for quite a while now and am waiting for my order of light brown to arrive.  Did you mix anything other than the water with your henna?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie

Those colors in @sonechko's post are gorgeous!

Give us a peek at your henna color when you're done, hmm?

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Sonechko,  I am a big user of the Wen oils; will it remove my henna color when use it?   I have been following your henna thread for quite a while now and am waiting for my order of light brown to arrive.  Did you mix anything other than the water with your henna?  TIA

Not at all @Beauty$Junkie. I should use WEN oils more often, but still use them about once a week on average. NOTHING happens to my Henna color. I never in my life had a color that would adhere to my hair and just stay. Does not wash out. does not show grey. Only the growing roots need to be addressed. Also, the longer you keep mixture on, the stronger is color, as well with additional applications it gets to be more permanent.

I too started with light brown color. On my grey and light beige natural color it turned Copper Red. With second application it turned into more vivid and beautiful Copper Red.

I also bought Medium Brown color later, for my roots - I like roots too be a bit darker, and last time when coloring, I messed up on which package I was mixing, and used the Medium Brown straight up. Kept it three hours too!  My hair now is brown with coppery red tint.

I wanted to get upset, because I can't go lighter again with Henna, unless I bleach it out. But my new Henna Reddish Brown color is just beautiful!  My skin looks brighter in a contrast too.

I do not mix anything else into Henna except hot water. I use filtered or bottled water, because the mixture sits on my scalp for so long, I prefer clean water in it.

There was a time when I re-colored and put a good dab of their colorless plant hair conditioner in my Henna mix.

Or maybe later on, when I will establish exact color shade I want to keep, I may mix different shades of Henna.

But it will make a process more complicated in a way of achieving same results every time. I do not know what color I want to be just yet, but definitely - I will play with this company's Hennas.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Beauty$Junkie

Those colors in @sonechko's post are gorgeous!

Give us a peek at your henna color when you're done, hmm?

Woman Happy Thanks @x Hedge I will. I have now another color on - Brown with Red hues. I'll post a pic later.

Esteemed Contributor

p.s. @Beauty$Junkie , I am so glad you dove in and ordered this wonderful product! Hope, you got the application brushes too. Hope it will turn out to be lovely. Remember, second application of color gives you the color more like it should look.

Esteemed Contributor
What’s your color now @Beauty$Junkie?
Esteemed Contributor
You also can talk to them on their site and ask your questions/concerns. They are very helpful.
Valued Contributor

WooHoo!  I did my henna this morning.  Love it.  Henna Color Labs has excellent customer service.  I expressed my concerns to minimize the red.  I was advised to add 1/2 Tblsp of table salt to my mix and let it cure for 15 minutes.  I used 1/2 of the packet and it was plenty.  I left it on for 2 hours.  The smell was like cooked spinach, but so much more pleasant than some of those chemical hair colors I had been using.  The gray looks like beautiful highlights.

Thanks for your reply about my Wen Oils, as I am so addicted to the oils.  My hair is very curly, and the oils have been great for the frizz and dryness. 

Thanks @sonechko for all your info and inspiration.  I don't know why this process intimidated me so much.

Valued Contributor

@sonechkoI started from a chemical dyed medium brown with about 2 inch 50% grey roots.  I was afraid to go any darker as I had seen that about not being able to lighten it and could always go darker.  I guess it will fully develop after 48 hours so we will see how dark it gets.  I will wait for a week or so before I use my oils.  My husband likes it dark, but at 65, I think the dark is getting to be a little harsh.  Thanks again for all your info on henna.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

WooHoo!  I did my henna this morning.  Love it.  Henna Color Labs has excellent customer service.  I expressed my concerns to minimize the red.  I was advised to add 1/2 Tblsp of table salt to my mix and let it cure for 15 minutes.  I used 1/2 of the packet and it was plenty.  I left it on for 2 hours.  The smell was like cooked spinach, but so much more pleasant than some of those chemical hair colors I had been using.  The gray looks like beautiful highlights.

Thanks for your reply about my Wen Oils, as I am so addicted to the oils.  My hair is very curly, and the oils have been great for the frizz and dryness. 

Thanks @sonechko for all your info and inspiration.  I don't know why this process intimidated me so much.

Thanks for sharing! Precisely what I was thinking, @Beauty$Junkie!  I was too intimidated by Henna before. It is so easy with this product! What color your hair turned out to be?

Oh, in my opinion the color really "fully developes" after the second or third application. Cat Happy