WEN

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to share with my beautiful WEN Ladies something about a hair color I am very fond of lately.

Silver hair Ladies, take no offence! You are beautiful and all that, I am just sharing my own experience and feelings about my own gray, and for those Ladies, who may be on a fence with their gray hair like I was. Or for some one, who maybe wants to get off the chemical dyes.

Three years I went "natural". Not bad, but.......... not good either! Many compliments and then again - many questions like "Why don't you color your hair?".  Yeah-yeah, I know, what they say does not matter, it what I like, and so on.

But I did not like it, if I be totally honest. Well, not too much. One day like my "natural" hair, five days I don't.

One thing I knew for sure - I WILL NEVER color my hair again! EVER! Not out of the box, not in the salon - it does not work any more. Gray resented the color, it did not stay long, it did not look good. It was a total waste of time and money for me.

I saw a pretty lady in the elevator with an amazing hair! I am a WENner - I know good hair when I see it! Woman Happy Anyways, her African-American hair was below chin in long loose slightly twisted curls. It was VERY WELL conditioned and very shiny, of course. But best of all - it was this incredible BRIGHT Red Burgundy color to die for!

I gave her a compliment on her hair in one sentence and asked her what did she color with, in another. She said - Henna. I asked what kind? She did not did not know - her hairdresser friend did it.

I took a heed, went googling and found exactly Henna I was looking for!

It is not your Mama's Henna! This is really good updated stuff that is EASY to color with, in great colors too. The company is great, site is easy to navigate, has explanation for everything and greatest happy customer reviews. Henna Color Lab also has herbal non-colororing hair conditioners to die for!

I am coloring for about two month now and can't say enough of great things about it! My color is GREAT! I got a ton of compliments lately, oh yeah!  I'll post my hair pic later, have some technical issues now.

The Henna from this company is the best there is: it's organic, finely milled, the color stays on gray hair and does not go anywhere, except for new growth at the roots you do not see any gray EVER with this color! Hair is well conditioned and healthy too. Here we go.

This Henna is sold by Henna Color Lab.  henna color lab, of course, it has a dot and com, and all three words have no spaces. Here's couple examples of their color below.

You know why you’re here: you want natural, effective hair dyes that work. Our henna hair dyes bond with your hair (don’t just chemically coat) while the Ayurvedic herbs condition the hair and scalp. Ammonia? Metallic Salts? PPD? Harsh burning and blistering chemicals?—um, NO thanks! Scrap all the toxins and join the All Natural Revolution. Treat & condition while you color…Nature’s pretty great. Be great yourself: match up a henna hair color below and get started today. 100% Safe to mix colors. Endless options.

Wine Red Henna Hair Dye

https://hennacolorlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ginger-blonde-henna-hair-dye.jpg

Valued Contributor

OMG that hair is to dye....die for! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN and Hair COLOR

[ Edited ]

Woman LOL Lol! Oh yes @woodyend! Or to dye with that Henna color!

Respected Contributor

If I could magically stop my hair from growing for the rest of my life, so I never had to worry about coloring roots, I would jump in with both feet on that auburn color, Sonechko!  With my pale skin and green eyes, I actually look better colored auburn than in my natural ashy blonde.  My actual natural color is calico, because I have platinum, black, auburn, copper,  golden blonde, and brown all mixed together, all over my head, it's quite weird, really!  I am hoping that in going gray my hair will match itself better, LOL!  Since I'm using TT oil every week to keep density of hair on my scalp, I get the side effect of pretty fast growth, so roots start to show way too soon for me. 

A question for you, Sonechko, does the color fade all over your head, or do you just touch up roots every so often?  In other words, is the Henna color a true permanent hair dye, or more of a temporary color?

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko

So did the Henna cover your gray?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

WOAH! That first red has my name written all over it!,

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

If I could magically stop my hair from growing for the rest of my life, so I never had to worry about coloring roots, I would jump in with both feet on that auburn color, Sonechko!  With my pale skin and green eyes, I actually look better colored auburn than in my natural ashy blonde.  My actual natural color is calico, because I have platinum, black, auburn, copper,  golden blonde, and brown all mixed together, all over my head, it's quite weird, really!  I am hoping that in going gray my hair will match itself better, LOL!  Since I'm using TT oil every week to keep density of hair on my scalp, I get the side effect of pretty fast growth, so roots start to show way too soon for me. 

A question for you, Sonechko, does the color fade all over your head, or do you just touch up roots every so often?  In other words, is the Henna color a true permanent hair dye, or more of a temporary color?

Yes @CamilleP! Don't know about any Henna from elsewhere, but from my experience with THIS company's Henna - it's pretty permanent! The color does not wash off my hair at all, and stays about the same.

Because I knew, it would be impossible to change Henna color if I won't like it, except bleaching it off, I went very carefully with choosing which color to start with.

I started with Light Brown color from this site. They show pictures of what your color will be if you have this or that color originally. Henna does not light or "lift" your color, it only binds with the hair you already have. My hair was natural 1/3 gray, 2/3 faded light brown or more like - beige.

My hair did not turn out to be light brown, but this amazing copper red color I and everybody else loved!

Second time I colored, not because I had to, my roots were still not bothersome yet, but because I wanted to. I wanted to intensify the color.

Second time the color was even brighter and more intense amazing copper red - I got tons of compliments and loved to look at my hair in the mirror in a day light or whenever!

The third time I just wanted to do roots with a slightly darker (Medium Brown) Henna, but kind of spread it too far, and killed my bright Copper Red somewhat, but not much. It's still gorgeous color, but I now know to stay with one color I like and if I have to mix - do it in a bowl, not on my head.

You see, with this Henna I can color everyday! It won't damage my hair.

But back to your question - it is super easy to do the roots with this Henna powder. You must buy Two Brush Set from this company for $5 only to achieve EASY application every time! Brushes pick up the mixture and distribute it evenly and easy.

For me personally doing this Henna is so much easier than do it yourself color out of the box, and more pleasant too.

For Henna to bind with hair you need to keep it on for at least two hours, so what? I keep it longer, it makes the color more intense and prettier.

I may go ahead and change my Copper Red to a bright Burgundy Red, but not sure yet, since I can't go back from darker red, and I like my color as is.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@sonechko

So did the Henna cover your gray?

This Henna COMPLETELY covered my gray, and it stays covered. Only new growth - that's all! This is what is most amazing to me @hopi - no more gray!

No color before was able to cover my stubborn gray. This is why I just stopped coloring and went "natural".

No more "natural" mouse-gray for me! I am so happy to have bright color again, I feel years younger, it's easy color or do roots only, and does not damage my WEN hair at all.

Well, because my "other' non-gray hair is slightly darker, the gray hair looks like my head is full of highlights, which I love and it does look good altogether.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

WOAH! That first red has my name written all over it!,

I knew that @SurferWife! I thought about you, when I first saw THAT Red! And I think about you every time I see you avatar picture.

THIS is the RED I want, but still afraid to do.

Henna binds with hair and I won't be able to lighten this darker Red, and go back to my Copper Red. Unless I bleach it. So I stay chicken for a while, and maybe later I'll do that Red!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN and Hair COLOR

[ Edited ]

Ladies, this company gives wonderful customer service. I personally did not use it, and went from what I read from the descriptions, pictures and the customers' reviews. But I read in the reviews they take your hand and answer to all your questions and concerns about coloring with Henna Color Lab colors.

Check this out - The Henna Package is only $9.99 regular price! They have sales, and bundles too! One Pack is 100 grams - half of it is more than enough to color my hair.

Now, compare this "expense" for having a beautiful color in your hair with a salon price! Lol!

Their non-coloring Aurovedic Herbs conditioner are amazing hair treatments too!

Spend $5 and buy their coloring brushes set of two - it makes it easy to apply the mixture.

Don't know and don't care about their shampoos and conditioners, we all know why! Woman LOL