WEN

Valued Contributor

WEN & drain-- recommendations ?

What do you recommend to help your shower drain not clog?

Or what do you use to regularly clear drain?

I have long (below shoulder) hair -- but it is fine/thin. I cleanse with WEN once per week, and it still seems to clog after only two washes or so.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN & drain-- recommendations ?

[ Edited ]

IMO If it's clogging that easily it's probably time to get a plumber there to snake it. Probably WEN is not the total culprit, years of hair, soap, shampoo, conditioner etc. probably have built up.

Contributor

They make a brush designed to catch on hair in your drain. Take your drain cover off and use the brush. It will help you pull up any hair clumps that are built up around the top of the drain. I use green gobbler as a follow up. It's not as caustic as other drain cleaners. I find that the wen tends to coat the drain more than other cleansers-imo.

Highlighted
Contributor

Pour 1/5 of a bottle of Drain-O in the drain and leave it for 30 minutes. Run hot water for a full minute to rinse it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie_23 : Clogged drain and hair loss are the two reasons I quit Wen cleanser years ago. As a result, both problems solved.

I do like some of the Wen styling products, which smell SO good. The leftover cleanser was wonderful for washing my cashmere sweaters.

Respected Contributor

@findingnemo wrote:

They make a brush designed to catch on hair in your drain. Take your drain cover off and use the brush. It will help you pull up any hair clumps that are built up around the top of the drain. I use green gobbler as a follow up. It's not as caustic as other drain cleaners. I find that the wen tends to coat the drain more than other cleansers-imo.

Yes .. I used one of those on the drain in my shower last week .. just

be prepared for what comes out .....

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

@findingnemo wrote:

Yes .. I used one of those on the drain in my shower last week .. just

be prepared for what comes out .....

@Big Joanie 

And if you're going to pull it out fast.......stand back.

Respected Contributor

It was disgusting to say the least .....

Respected Contributor

I use Professor Amos Super Fast Drain Powder for my drains a couple times a year as a preventive measure.  And my drains never clog up.

You can purchase it from HSN.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to each one of you --- all of your replies and suggestions/input were really helpful.

Much appreciation!!