WEN

Respected Contributor

WEN Volumizing Spray - Thumbs down for me

I was super excited to get this home and try it, I've tried it 3 days in a row, first day used it lightly, 2nd day used to much and 3rd day in between - bottom line it end up weighing my roots down even more, I do have LONG hair to my bra line so it does pull it down so to speak but this gave no volume at all, even after blow drying.

Back it goes!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Volumizing Spray - Thumbs down for me

I tried it also, and felt it was extremely drying. It has a high alcohol content, so its going to dehydrate the hair. I've also tried their hydrating mist for hair - ugh......I tossed it down the drain. Total waste of money. I'm not a Wen girl.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I tried it also, and felt it was extremely drying. It has a high alcohol content, so its going to dehydrate the hair. I've also tried their hydrating mist for hair - ugh......I tossed it down the drain. Total waste of money. I'm not a Wen girl.

I am glad I'm not alone - I just wish I didn't have to come to work this way, I just want to hide myself, yes it's that bad, maybe my hair is to fine for it, I have lots of hair but it is baby fine, I was hoping to find something that would give it some ooph on the top but doing NOTHING is better than adding this Volumizing Spray, thankfully I am in the 30 day window so I will pack it up tonight and set it back.

Search goes on....

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

have you tried any living proof products?

they make very lightweight products called thickening cream AND dry volume boost. they both work well for my baby fine hair that is maybe just slightly shorter than yours.

you may want to check out some of their styling products.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  I have seen them but never tried them -  Do you use them together? Do you use their cleansing products as well?  Thank you for taking time to suggest something else, I appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@sunshine45  I have seen them but never tried them -  Do you use them together? Do you use their cleansing products as well?  Thank you for taking time to suggest something else, I appreciate it!

@SandGirl 

yes, i use them together.

i also use their full shampoo and full conditioner.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I used it for a while several years ago, and didn’t have much luck with it either. I really used it more as a hairspray than a volumizing treatment but it was sticky and made my hair feel dry. I ended up throwing it out. That’s probably the only WEN product that I tried it didn’t do much for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Originally I wasn’t fond of it either. Recently I’ve changed my mind. I use it on my roots once I’m out of the shower. My hair is still very wet. Then I air dry. It gives my roots a lot of lift. I’m happy I rediscovered this!

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

@Suz585  I wish you were my neighbor, you could have mine!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  Do you feel you get enough moisture? Also, does it make you rhair tangle?