WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN - Treatment Oil Uses

[ Edited ]

It occurred to me this morning how many ways the WEN treatment oil can be used. It's a very versatile WEN product.

My current uses are first and foremost on the scalp (Tea Tree) almost every night, massaging it in. I credit the oil and cleansing conditioner to the fact that my once thinning hair has now completely filled in and I don't have to find ways to cover my once balding area.

Secondly, I love to use the same TT oil along with the TT CC for soaking my feet in the evening. I love to walk around barefooted, inside and outside. Along with having animals, I feel my feet need to have the antiseptic benefits of using TT. I combine four full droppers of the oil, along with some of the TT CC, add about a pint of warm water, shake it up really good and then empty that small amount under running water in the tub. It is similar to Chaz's elixir recipe for baths.

Thirdly, I currently used it for a bite I got on the back of my hand. Not sure what it was, but it made for a big bump, was very red in that area, and wasn't going anywhere soon. So, 4-5 times a day I applied the TT oil directly to that area, rubbing it in really well. This morning, I can see that it has almost disappeared. I had to see the doctor yesterday for a follow-up on another matter and showed him what had happened to the hand, telling him what I did to take care of it. He said TT is very good for antiseptic purposes. He also said he probably would have given me a prescription for some cream and said what I did was probably better (well, obviously!). Smiley Happy

Fourthly, I love to use any oil, not just TT, for after taking a shower. Chaz has mentioned to blot dry your body, not completely rub dry your skin with a towel. Then apply the oil all over as the skin is still moist. Well, that is just heavenly! That's a favorite time to use some of the seasonal oils.

Fifthly, I have been using it on my eyebrows for a while and definitely see that my once sparse eyebrows are growing in. As Chaz said when I asked if he thought it would work on my eyebrows, "hair is hair." In this case, it is definitely working. And the eyebrows are coming in darker than my natural gray hair. I like that because when the eyebrows were gray, they were hard to see.

Since the oil on QVC is $54 (for the classics), I bought three of his recent specials of getting the 32-ounce CC along with the corresponding oil for around $49. Got it on auto delivery, so I will have another order of THREE coming. I think the special might still be going on if you want to take advantage of it. Together, the two are less than what I have been paying for just the oil by itself!

So, I am curious....what uses have you found for the WEN treatment oil?

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN - Treatment Oil Uses

Great post, @World Traveler! The WEN oils are some of my favorite WEN products because of the versatility and because they don't have any silicone.

I use the Tea Tree oil as a facial massage oil in the winter and whenever my sinuses are bothering me. The tea tree and eucalyptus oils and the massage help me feel better and the oil is great for my dry winter skin. Sometimes I use the Sweet Almond Mint for the same purpose. It's like a fancy version of Vicks VapoRub.

WEN oil is a great addition to acetone nail polish remover. When I use glittery nail polish, I use professional foil and cotton soak off wraps and acetone to remove it. That can dry out the skin, so after I soak the pad with acetone, I add a drop of oil to each pad before wrapping it over my nail. I use a variety of oils, but the scented WEN oils make it a more pleasant experience. Some of the seasonals are my favorites for this, especially if I find the scents are too strong to use on my hair. Even if you don't use soak off pads, you can add some WEN oil to pure acetone to make it less drying and improve the scent experience.

I mix oils into any body creams and lotions I have, especially in winter, when I need an extra boost. I squirt a bit of argan oil into my scented lotions and often use a WEN oil in my unscented lotions.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland Oh, I forgot about that.....adding the oils to the creams/lotions. Of course! I need to do that too. Thanks for mentioning it. Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi, World Traveler!  Oh, definitley.  I use the oils on my scalp a few nights a week and sometimes massage them on me after my shower.  I found that the UBTs make my skin so soft, I don't need anything else!  I just do it for the pleasure of it.  My favoite oil it Wen Men.  UG!  It just sends me!  That smell!  That elixir that Chaz uses is amazing to soak in.  I had two styes on my eyelid because I was probably using dirty make up brushes.  Anyway, I took a clean paper towel and put Tea Tree CC on it with some very warm water and washed the lash line of my eye and it got better REALLY fast.  It was soothing since the stye was painful every time I blinked!  LOL!  The oils, no matter what scent, are like buying gold.  So many good things in them!  Any time I get burned from the stove or cut with a knife (sometimes I get too careless) and I put the oil on or the NBT.  Heals nicely.  I have a surgical scar I use oil and NBT on.  It's coming along nicely too!  I've never used anything like Wen products and I have tried everything out there.  Great post World Traveler! XO

Esteemed Contributor

In the summer I use the TT oil as a bug deterrant when I walk, mix a seasonal with my Wen body creme, add a couple of drops with my leave in CC

Respected Contributor

I rarely use the oils on my hair anymore, but I do mix a few drops in with my foot cream sometimes...also a drop or two with my moisturizer, especially in the colder weather.

I coat my toenails daily with Tea Tree oil--its definitely made a difference in their appearance!

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Since the oil on QVC is $54 (for the classics), I bought three of his recent specials of getting the 32-ounce CC along with the corresponding oil for around $49. Got it on auto delivery, so I will have another order of THREE coming. I think the special might still be going on if you want to take advantage of it. Together, the two are less than what I have been paying for just the oil by itself!

So, I am curious....what uses have you found for the WEN treatment oil?

@World Traveler

Just wanted to let you know (& anyone else interested in this deal)  that it goes away at midnight tonight (not sure whether Eastern or Pacific time).

In the video on the Auto Delivery (A308028) Courtney said it was just for the month of October & then disappears. It's a great deal...just wanted to let everyone know. Woman Happy She mentions this around 1:20 on the video & also a couple more times.