WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Tea Tree Oil/natural mosquito repellant

Wow, this is good to know!  I am a Wen lover and this is something I have to try.  The mosquitoes love me unfortunately, so I hope it works for me as it does for others. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Great to know!!  A new use for my 'stash'!!

Thank you.

I remember in the old days...Avon Skin So Soft Oil was a natural skeeter repellent.

Valued Contributor

FYI - I've found that Wen Light works for this purpose too.  (I think it's the cedarwood oil.)  I can keep the mosquitos away and smell wonderful at the same time.  No more stinky bug sprays and no more feeling like I'll be the only one with my feet in the air.  LOL

Respected Contributor

when not at the beach (no skeeters there) but in my backyard, we have mosquitoes aplenty, despite routine spraying. what has worked like absolute magic is a doggone standing fan. it has been very hot muggy and humid here and i love to sit out in it at night. the past three nights, i stayed out until about 11 - had a few citronellas going and my standing fan oscillating on high, near me, on my patio. because they are weak fliers, they can't handle a breeze (hence none at the beach). i was out from about 8 to 11 and not one single bite. considering before the fan idea, i was eaten alive within minutes. 

Respected Contributor

If cederwood oil works well for this purpose, then maybe the MIF oil would be a good candidate because cederwood, to me, is one of the top notes in this.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge. That may have been my post.   When my DH agrees it works , you know it does. Lol he won't go in the yard without it now.  I carry the TT RTM in my handbag at all times. 

Contributor

So, the TT oil and TT RTM doesn't contain enough TT to be harmful to your dogs.  I haven't tried it on the dogs as I didn't really know how much TT was enough to be harmful.  Thank you for the post - my dogs thank you too!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Wildhorse 

(or anyone else), NEVER use Tea Tree on cats.